+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD is just starting child care. I'd be very annoyed if she came home at any point in the next 4 years with nail polish on without me being asked first. Why on earth did they think nail polish on 2 year olds was a sensible idea? And how the actual f did they get them to sit still long enough to do it and get it dry lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all the replies but my cc always asks if they can do stuff like nail polish and face paint. I'd be upset.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    DD is just starting child care. I'd be very annoyed if she came home at any point in the next 4 years with nail polish on without me being asked first. Why on earth did they think nail polish on 2 year olds was a sensible idea? And how the actual f did they get them to sit still long enough to do it and get it dry lol
    I actually find if I want DD to have quiet time I paint her nails. And toenails too. She sits for ages blowing on them and not touching anything. Enough time to drink a cup of tea! !! Lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (03-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For that I would have expected a permission slip from the cc. Nail polish on a 2yr old is an odd activity for that age set.
    Maybe bring it up with the director/2IC & ask for the centre policy on this sort of thing?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all. It is only his 3rd day there andbthe day before Ihad seen them all lined up getting nail polish. I said to DH - wow if DD had come home with nail polisgat two I would be furious never thinking DS would the next day. I did ask them not to do it again but I don't want to make too much of a fuss being so new. I think it's terrible though! He came home painted as a ninja turtle on his first day. ..I was surprised but didn't mind too much. I didn't know permission slips were needed for that too! There's a lot I'm not liking about this childcare but not sure if it is because I am used to Family Day Care.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't know much about day care things, but I would have thought the smells of nail polish might have been upsetting for small people, and also you having to later remove it. I don't like that. I would not want my children exposed to these un necessary chemicals. there is no point to painting fingernails, toenails. I like the fun of dress up, but not make up, nail polish. marie.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

maternidade  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Thanks all. It is only his 3rd day there andbthe day before Ihad seen them all lined up getting nail polish. I said to DH - wow if DD had come home with nail polisgat two I would be furious never thinking DS would the next day. I did ask them not to do it again but I don't want to make too much of a fuss being so new. I think it's terrible though! He came home painted as a ninja turtle on his first day. ..I was surprised but didn't mind too much. I didn't know permission slips were needed for that too! There's a lot I'm not liking about this childcare but not sure if it is because I am used to Family Day Care.
    Honestly, my daycare ask permission for everything before they do it. Asked permission if it is ok to make/eat pizza. If it is ok to give iceblocks/popcorn on breakup. If its ok to watch xx movie. Pretty much everything. So it is not the norm for me if that happened.

Also, my kid does not sit still for me ever. Yet I have seen him at childcare sitting and listening to stories and showing he has some form of attention span. Cheeky little boy.