+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    The pregnancy thing crosses my mind a bit but I so sincerely doubt it. I might have to go to doctors for a test, purely because we live in a tiny town and we only have a general store and IF they have hpts, the entire town would know I bought one within 5 minutes haha.

At present the cramps are really painful. I took some panadol etc for them, which is a really really rare thing for me. I have a pretty high pain tolerance.
    Pregnancy is the first thing the GP is going to want to rule out anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We only have doctors available Monday's and Friday's so I might see if I can get in on Monday as tomorrow would be booked already.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    We only have doctors available Monday's and Friday's so I might see if I can get in on Monday as tomorrow would be booked already.
    Make sure you get it checked - you don't want to be unknowingly pregnant and it be an ectopic or something giving you grief.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a good point. I have to take my son up tomorrow for his vax so will make an appointment then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can relate to you OP I only had one shot and had all these problems I thought I'd fallen pregnant straight after coming off it! It took about 2 months to be feeling better and about 3 months for my monthlies to reappear since they have I felt great and back to normal. I've had depo in the past and never had this issue. I'm reluctant to use it again now.
    Last edited by LiterallyNoOne; 04-02-2016 at 23:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's just so odd. I was lectures about all the side effects of going onto it, but nothing mentioned about coming off it. Most days are fine and I just do my thing but some days it's near debilitating. Like this evening, curled up on the couch in a ball for nearly an hour. I mean if I had to tend to my kids, I could have pushed through it, but it wouldn't have been pleasant. Same with the nausea. When it hits hard, I struggle with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I know it's weird maybe they haven't researched possible side effects for coming off. But then it isn't impossible to fall pregnant right away either just rare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was the same with the pill. They warned me about all the side effects going on but I always felt FANTASTIC on the pill. Coming off it....terrible!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh, I was great on Depo. We only stopped because we have been discussing another child and hearing it can take 18 months+ I decided to go off it while we decide, rather than wait another 18 months after we have decided. Figured I could always go back on if we decide no, but now I don't think I will.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That's the same reason I came off it to begin with but now I'm no longer ttc I'm looking for something different. Might just avoid all medical contraceptives for now.