+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Student Midwife seeking continuity of care experiences in Perth

Hi,

My name is Roshann and I'm a 1st year Student Midwife studying at the University of Notre Dame in Perth.

I'm looking for pregnant women who are willing to let me learn with and from them on their journey to motherhood. In addition to me learning from you, your experiences and your care providers, I also provide free support for you. This extends from the moment you consent to allow me to follow your journey to the 6 week check-up after the birth.

The idea is for me to attend at least 4 antenatal appointments, the birth, 2 post-natal appointments and the 6 week check-up.

Your confidentiality will be maintained and I need formal written consent from you to begin. You are also welcome to change your mind at any time.
    If you have any questions you may reply to this post, email me or see the university website.

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards,

Roshann
    http://www.nd.edu.au/fremantle/schoo...sing/midwifery
    email: Roshann.davies1@my.nd.edu.au

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I live in Perth and am currently 10w3d pregnant for the first time. My husband and I would like to find out a bit more about what else is involved in having you follow our journey and attend appointments with us? Are you mainly observing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gypsychild,

First of all, congratulations.

I do have a pamphlet on having a student follow your journey, but I can't work out how to attach it to this post. I'm happy to email it to you if your ok with that, if not I can copy and paste the text in the pamphlet here.

Basically my main role in following your journey is to be with you. This can involve both observing and actively participating in your care, for example I may ask if I can have a feel of your tummy when the midwife/obstetrician does at your antenatal appointments or assist with your booking appointment. Anything I do is under the supervision of a fully trained health professional (your chosen care provider/hospital midwives) and with your permission.

This allows me to learn the role of a midwife - both clinical skills and finding ways to support women (in this case, yourself) in the ways they need and want at all stages of their journey (pregnancy, labour and after the birth).

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Roshann

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Roshann, thanks for the info. I don't think I can private message as yet so I will email you so you have my personal email address.