+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Blah days!

So tell me. .how do you re-energise on the days that feel blah? I've become a single mum and have been on my own for a few months now with toddler twins. I have no babysitters, family etc and I'm in a brand new town where I'm just beginning to meet people. I feel like I'm the only one doing this completely alone, without the chance to even get one hour without little ones and as my energy resources are running low today I'm worried about keeping going long term. So how do I refill my own buckets of energy/positivity/fun so that I can keep being a great mum and not get worn down? What do others do to keep energy up without someone else to help?

Wow you have so much on your plate..no wonder you are feeling a bit low in energy and copping a few 'blah' days !
    For me, some time to myself is essential to surviving this mothering gig (and I have a partner and only one toddler!) but I realise how hard that must be for you. Could you possibly put your twins in one day a week to daycare and use that time to have a break and recharge? Or even find a gym with a crèche so you can have an hour to exercise and be kid-free. Is there a local play group you could join?

Similar Threads

1. Blah.
    By HearMeRoar in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 13-01-2016, 19:55
  2. Anyone feeling blah! the whole pregnancy?
    By Kimmmm in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-12-2015, 17:44
  3. No #2 for at least 3 days
    By TheGooch in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-03-2015, 22:21