+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Homework Times

So dd has started grade 1 (qld) and will be getting more homework than when in prep. So far it is just a home reader and sight word sheets.

Im just not sure what time of day to sit with her to do it. If i should do it before dinner but her brother climbs all over us or after dinner when ds is in bed just before she goes to bed herself.

We are lucky we live close to school so she is able to sleep in so i am happy to move her bedtime to 7.30pm

What works for you? How do you manage to fit homework in around everything else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Homework Times

Homework is done as soon as the kids get home. I have daughters in years 5 and 2. I can push my oldest girls out to before bed but not my year 2.

Or at 7am if they're too tired.

ETA I have a son in prep (no homework yet) and a 2 year old. I've found the youngest ones are ok if I get them some colouring to do or something to make them feel in involved.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Purple Poppy  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Same as Sonja, my 3 school aged children will do homework once we get home. I usually feed them a snack then alternate between the girls.
    If we have sports after school, I'll have the youngest 2 done and leave my eldest (now year 4) till after training is over.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Purple Poppy  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies. I might stick to the straight after school routine. Then she can relax for the rest of the evening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have two DD's, one in year 4 and one in year 5. They haven't recieved homework as yet this year, but last year I had to get DD1 to do hers straight after school, as she despises homework and I had to keep on her to do it. Plus I have to help her a lot more than DD2. DD2 just gets in there and does it straight away so she has the week free lol.