Closed Thread
Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So I had my six week scan yesterday and got the shock of our lives!...TWO heartbeats. The ***ONE*** embryo we had transferred in Athens has ***SPLIT***........So we are now expecting identical twins. #inshock

The scan showed that everything was normal which was a huge relief as it was a big milestone for us. I am just so shocked .

Thank you so much @gorgeousgeorge I have often said that to people whom are experiencing grief and trying to “escape it” – allow yourself to cry...get angry..scream...feel it. I need to to take my own and your advice.

Thank you so much @Lucky8!

Hi @Rhino Thank you and you’re welcome. It really was a fab location and we felt so comfortable there!!

It’s tough deciding to no longer use your own eggs. We tried one last time with my eggs and it didnt even take. For me it became a simple choice once explained the stats of using my own. It was less than 5%. It has also helped to hear that their DNA of donor embryos goes into your body and our DNA goes into theirs and that its us that creates so much of their bodies. That and that facial expressions etc are apparently learned behavior so come from the parents raising them. <3

By the way our flights were $4000 return and that was before peak season so your tickets don’t sound too bad!

Be kind to yourself <3

@SharonG Congratulations!!!

@jaydee32 AWESOME roll call <3 <3 <3
    Last edited by ChinaDoll4; 21-06-2016 at 19:25. Reason: Added extra info.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChinaDoll4 For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (21-06-2016),jaydee32  (23-06-2016),kcraig  (24-06-2016),Rhino  (22-06-2016),SharonG  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @ChinaDoll4 wow, a split emby! That is amazeballs! Lucky you didnt transfer 2! To be honest, the only worry i have left about overseas donor ivf is that dr nikos wants to do a double embryo transfer and that worries me a bit. Imagine if youd transfered 2 embys, thered be 3 bubs in there and thats too many (in my opinion). Hmmm...this has got me rethinking. If its not too personal, did your clinic encourage you to transfer 2? and what were your reasons/thinking for doing a single transfer? I keep trying to tell myself, I'll transfer 2 but only 1 will take or that I'll transfer 1 and just pay for flights back again if the first go doesnt work. But i still havent really decided what to do. I know they cant force me to do a double transfer and that its ultimately my decision. I thought maybe hearing your reasoning might help me to get more definate about what i will do. Thanks. Identical twins are a massive miracle though. Bloody ivf- it never rains, it pours, hey.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ChinaDoll4 & @SharonG congrats to both !!

@jaydee32 ditto on the impressive roll call , lots of work trying to keep track of us all .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @ChinaDoll4 wow, a split emby! That is amazeballs! Lucky you didnt transfer 2! To be honest, the only worry i have left about overseas donor ivf is that dr nikos wants to do a double embryo transfer and that worries me a bit. Imagine if youd transfered 2 embys, thered be 3 bubs in there and thats too many (in my opinion). Hmmm...this has got me rethinking. If its not too personal, did your clinic encourage you to transfer 2? and what were your reasons/thinking for doing a single transfer? I keep trying to tell myself, I'll transfer 2 but only 1 will take or that I'll transfer 1 and just pay for flights back again if the first go doesnt work. But i still havent really decided what to do. I know they cant force me to do a double transfer and that its ultimately my decision. I thought maybe hearing your reasoning might help me to get more definate about what i will do. Thanks. Identical twins are a massive miracle though. Bloody ivf- it never rains, it pours, hey.
    Hi @gorgeousgeorge it's such a personal choice but we were adamant on only having 1 transferred because we didn't want twins . I have had a few health issues the last few years, including some back problems and didnt think the extra stress on my body was a good idea for me. Plus we considered our earning capacity, affordability etc and felt 1 would be perfect to complete our family. (We already have 1 son, naturally)

Our IVF clinic in Aus recommends transferring 1 apparently but we had made that decision ourselves taking into account our personal circumstances. Dr K kept wanting us to transfer 2 - right up to transfer, but we stayed solid in our decision. Our circumstances were more important to us than good stats.

At the end all our other embryos expired but regardless I had made the decision that I would rather return to Athens and try again than transfer 2. xx

We are shocked (and equally terrified as we slowly work towards each milestone...scan...blood test) but do feel blessed. It is what it is. I would still only ever have had 1 transferred. So funny how life works!
    Last edited by ChinaDoll4; 21-06-2016 at 20:43.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChinaDoll4 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (21-06-2016),Rhino  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ChinaDoll4 yep, my thoughts pretty much exactly same as yours, why must life keep teaching us that things are out of our control! I have already learnt that lesson! I think you made a good decision and there's nothing you could have done differently so that's nice peace of mind. Its scary but pretty bloody exciting too. I guess the whole having a baby thing is a crazy thing to do anyway, for anyone, regardless of circumstances. Surely everything will go as planned from now on. Im excited for you. Thanks for sharing too. xox

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

ChinaDoll4  (21-06-2016),Rhino  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations that is fantastic news xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @ChinaDoll4 that is amazing news. What a shock for you and your husband especially after deciding to only implant one. Take care of yourself and enjoy the journey. I look forward to hearing your updates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @SharonG that is awesome news. How exciting for you and your family and what an amazing time. Take care of yourself.

Lots of twinnies at the moment.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (24-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @chinadoll identical twins eeeek!!! How exciting, I can't imagine the shock you would have experienced when you found out, massive congratulations!

@Gorgousgeorge thanks for that info! I am with you on the whole one or two embryo transfer question.. We are leaning towards two though as the chances of any more than one attempt at Greece is slim for us so I think we would go all in and take the risk..

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bindyboop yeah, i know what you mean. I can afford a second flight back to athens a few months after our first cycle, if there's a frostie from the first cycle but, yeah if i had to pay for another full donor cycle i wouldnt be able to do that for at least another year or two, so im also struggling with the one or two decision. Imagine if you only had 1 frostie, flew over there for transfer and then it didnt survive the thaw!!!OMG! Hubby and i talked about it for ages last night but didnt really make a decision. Lol, ive decided to put off worrying about it until 1st september and know that we've got 3 weeks to think seriously about what to do. Aaargh, why cant anything ever be easy and simple! It feels like the universe is saying, 'you can have no babies or 2 babies' but i just want one. Is that too much to ask?! Anyway, still looking forward to doing this crazy thang.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (24-06-2016)