Closed Thread
Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaDoll4 View Post
    Hi everyone

I was going through answering anything I could individually but so much has been happening on the thread.

So warmest congratulations to all of you who are pregnant! I wish you joy and safe happy deliveries.

Our 2 lines was positive and we are officially 6 weeks pregnant. I know so many of you will understand this but at no point have I felt "that joy". It was more relief at the gazillion $$$$ spent that it worked but with such a huge journey of infertility, hope and loss it's become a subconscious act of self preservation to remain reserved. I didnt realize just how monotone by response has been until I told a close friend yesterday and she wept in response to my news. Wept with such joy for me. It brought tears to my eyes.

My HCG seems quite strong. I think 4-5000 ish my GP said the other day after being amazing and letting me sneak in an earlier than scheduled blood test.

So this is me - . I do hope at some point I heart can manage a little . I think I just need to get past some past and painful mile stones and there will be a little more .

Its all very surreal and so nice to be sharing it with so many others in all of you.

xx

P.S Still have a little of the chest infection but feeling a ton better.
    Oh my congratulations!!! As a newbie to this forum it is very exciting and reassuring to hear of positive outcomes ☺☺☺

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

ChinaDoll4  (18-06-2016),Rhino  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I MUST add, for anyone heading to Athens we LOVED the apartment we stayed in. I know a lot of people stay at the President Hotel next door to Embryoland but we only needed to go to the clinic 2- 3 times so didn't feel we needed to be staying so close by, wanted to stay somewhere more economical and we also wanted a home away from home, the ability to cook and wash our clothes etc.

The place we stayed at was in Kypseli. We could literally walk to the city (circa 3kms) but there is a bus stop metres away so for 1.80 euro you can get into Syntgama Square. A local taxi to Embryoland was 5-7 euro.

There is a bakery on the corner, fruit and veg shop within metres, supermarkets only a few minutes walk away and you are only 1 block from Kypseli Square where there are trees and parks which are lined with cafes and restaurants, more bakeries, coffee shops, a travel agent, post office. Everything you need is at your door step!

The photos don't do the apartment justice. I expected it to be pretty crap but it's clean, white and lovely.

It has a small lounge/dining area. Very large bedroom with doors out to a large balcony that overlooks the local suburb where we ate dinner and watched the sun set. It has a small TV, fabulous aircon, hair dryer, washing machine, small kitchen with kettle, small cook top, fridge, sandwich maker ect. It also has a second balcony with a washing line. There is an iron, free wifi and the owner, Mary is lovely! We were greeted with cake and wine. Mary, let us lock our extra baggage in a wardrobe in the apartment when we went over to the islands and when we returned we were greeted with pastries!

I think we paid circa $800 ish Australian for 13 nights (in May) so its also VERY reasonable. Can't recommend it enough.

https://www.only-apartments.com/details/396327
    Last edited by ChinaDoll4; 19-06-2016 at 07:08. Reason: Added extra info.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChinaDoll4 For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (18-06-2016),jaydee32  (21-06-2016),kategc  (19-06-2016),kcraig  (18-06-2016),Rhino  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @chinadoll So glad to hear levels are great!!! We had the transfer today! (I'm the one who pushed Dr N to give you the medication for your asthma!) xxxx

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

bindyboop  (19-06-2016),kategc  (19-06-2016),lissimmo  (19-06-2016),Rhino  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juventina View Post
    @chinadoll So glad to hear levels are great!!! We had the transfer today! (I'm the one who pushed Dr N to give you the medication for your asthma!) xxxx

I remember! Thank you so much for your help. I will have everything crossed regarding your transfer!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ChinaDoll4 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juventina View Post
    Yay good luck!! When do you head back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @ChinaDoll4 Congratulations xox i was worried when we hadnt heard from you, i assumed the worst and that you just needed time to deal with it before sharing, so i am soooo glad to hear that you are preggers. I think i totally understand how you feel about not getting too excited yet. Hopefully somewhere along the way it will start to seem real. I often think about how even if i ever get a bfp perhaps i wont enjoy the moment and that makes me sad to think you go through the nightmare of ivf and then it 'taints' your whole pregnancy experience too. Fruck you ivf! So, i reckon just go with how you feel. A good wise friend of mine always says, "dont try to not feel stuff", so if you feel distanced, apprehensive and not ready to celebrate yet, thats ok. Its ok to feel however you feel, lovely. Bubba will do its thing, whatever you're feeling. Thinking of you n wishing you all the best.
    AFM bought our flights to athens today! Downloaded a countdown app on my phone, 14 weeks-Athens here we come!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (19-06-2016),bindyboop  (19-06-2016),Rhino  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge those 14 weeks comes by fast . We're leaving next Sunday & im very excited to be jumping in a plane & leaving Melbourne weather behind !!

@chinadoll . Fantastic news ! Well done .

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

bindyboop  (19-06-2016),lissimmo  (19-06-2016),Rhino  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bindyboop View Post
    Yay good luck!! When do you head back?
    We leave Athens tomorrow but don't get back to oz until mid July

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow so much going on!! @Juventina - I hope all goes well with your transfer and that the rest of your holidays are fantastic! @gorgeousgeorge and @Lucky8 soon to be in Athens! WooHoo! @ChinaDoll4 that's fantastic news - congratulations!!! I pray the milestones are all met with no incidents! And thanks for info of the apartment!

I'm sorry if I've missed anyone - I've been trying to catch up - I fell into a heap last week..

AFM - We spoke to DrN - so we are now booked in. He wants to see us the last week of Aug and the transfer will be around 10th/11th Sept. But to do this I have to start on the Pill now. I'm so torn - we want this and I'm excited but the reality of no longer having any chance at all of OE messed me up a bit. I'm still very teary but my DH keeps saying we knew chances of OE were very low and this is our best bet. (but he still has his sperm going so he doesn't really get it - or maybe it's just me...) I should so be over this I've been working through it for months now! Very fragile...

So now we have to find flights - which seem to be going up as the last time I looked the special to Athens was $1100 now it's $1411 (that's with 2 stop overs!)... and I'm not good at researching all this right now ...

Anyway - good luck to all who are heading over and especially for those of you who've already had the transfers and are in early BFP!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

Lucky8  (20-06-2016),SharonG  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Rhino try looking at qatar airways, they had the quickest and cheapest flights so that was easy....and the more difficult stuff: im sure what you are feeling is pretty normal, be kind to yourself and take care, maybe think of it as though it would have only been 2 more natural cycles although i totally understand the whole giving up on your eggs deal- its not easy mate, and you can always keep trying naturally even if donor cycle is a success, i.e. try for bub no 2, which is a weird thought, i cant really help though so i hope you come to a decision which makes you happy xox

19. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (20-06-2016)