Closed Thread
Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelD View Post
    Ok ladies who've been to Embryoland - a question for you ... We are seeing Dr N on 18 July (day 13 of my cycle), and at this stage the only info I've been given is that I'll be on Progynova for my lining in the lead up. My question is - at what stage were you given the final plan/protocol for your egg donor cycle? My FS here was asking questions today, and gave me the impression that there should be more to it than just Progynova for lining and Progesterone for after. He's happy to provide me with whatever scripts I need, just needs to know what the plan is.
    I'm in the process of writing Dr N an email, but I have queried him about other meds before, and I don't want to come across as pushy or that I'm trying to second guess him - any guidance or ideas?
    Thanks
    Just do what he says. He goes by your history bloods etc. i too was on less drugs and am looking at my special addition. I only had progesterone from Greece for 3 months. It didnt react like crinone i was on here. Hard for some doctors to understand but his success is continuing so he must be doing something right.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (17-06-2016),Rhino  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kcraig View Post
    I had my tubes removed prior to Athens. I am now looking at my 2 week princess. Also advised to do so after talking to dr Nikos.
    I believe now it was my hubby with the prob as only had two good eggs and none to freeze. But the embrologist was able to get a couple of good sperm because she is here. You run the same risk continuing ivf here as trying with the donor.
    All I can say is what do you have to loose. Your chance of success is higher with a donor and at home your chance is 4 % well at my age over 40's.
    Thank you and congrats on your princess! I guess we will wait and see what Dr Nikis says when it comes time to contact him. I'm not ruling it if it eill give me a better chance but my fs did definitely put my mind at ease as if he thought I should get them out there would be no reason for him not to. He said in my case the blockage was restricted to my tubes and not surrounding areas so wouldn't cause a hinderance.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (16-06-2016),Rhino  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonG View Post
    Hi Lisa, every clinic is different but if your worried ask them to explain in more detail the grading system of the embryos so then you can make the best informed decision

On a positive at least you know the quality before heading over, most of us are already there before they get to that stage.
    Yes true, I asked her to explain and she said the 'aa' classing is basically the prettiness of the embryo at the time of grading and that could change over night.
    I am doing this on my own so I suppose I get a tad stressed.
    xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lissimmo For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lissimmo I've heard of many women succeeding on less than 'a' classified blastocysts . Go for it & good luck !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.. can I ask if you had considered someone you know as an option for egg donor or would if you knew someone? I had just thought I maybe had my head around this but my husband has gone without telling me and asked a friend of ours if she would consider being a donor and she said she would be happy to discuss this with us and she is actually in the middle of a cycle donating to another couple (not friends).. now I am an absolute mess and feel completely under pressure and hubby feels like a monster! I am just not sure I could go with someone I know.. it would be a constant reminder everytime I see her.. Greece appeals to me as it is anonymous but I am sick to my stomach about making the wrong decision..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelD View Post
    Ok ladies who've been to Embryoland - a question for you ... We are seeing Dr N on 18 July (day 13 of my cycle), and at this stage the only info I've been given is that I'll be on Progynova for my lining in the lead up. My question is - at what stage were you given the final plan/protocol for your egg donor cycle? My FS here was asking questions today, and gave me the impression that there should be more to it than just Progynova for lining and Progesterone for after. He's happy to provide me with whatever scripts I need, just needs to know what the plan is.
    I'm in the process of writing Dr N an email, but I have queried him about other meds before, and I don't want to come across as pushy or that I'm trying to second guess him - any guidance or ideas?
    Thanks
    Hi Angel
    I visited Dr Nikos at Embryoland earlier in the year. Prior to our visit I only took progynova as well. During our visit I started taking progesterone. We didn't find out the final plan with our donor or when the embryos would be transferred until we were over there, I guess these things can't be 100% planes and you just have to do what's right at the time. Try not to worry and just do what Dr Nikos says, he knows what he is doing - I am now 24 weeks pregnant with our little boy. All the best.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashwa For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (17-06-2016),Rhino  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bindyboop View Post
    Hi ladies.. can I ask if you had considered someone you know as an option for egg donor or would if you knew someone? I had just thought I maybe had my head around this but my husband has gone without telling me and asked a friend of ours if she would consider being a donor and she said she would be happy to discuss this with us and she is actually in the middle of a cycle donating to another couple (not friends).. now I am an absolute mess and feel completely under pressure and hubby feels like a monster! I am just not sure I could go with someone I know.. it would be a constant reminder everytime I see her.. Greece appeals to me as it is anonymous but I am sick to my stomach about making the wrong decision..
    Hi there
    I'm a recent "lurker" on this thread as
    o/s egg donation may be our next step, I have done 2 rounds with a known donor here in oz, first cycle pure disaster- none to transfer none frozen
    Most recent cycle 1 to transfer and am currently in the TWW ( none frozen)
    My donor is a very close friend and I was more than happy to use her as our donor for many reasons - she is an amazing person and mother
    She looks similar to me, we have the same job, interests and sense of humour. So I was very comfortable using her eggs, I don't know if I would of been happy if she were just an acquaintance.
    Having said that it was also very stressful having to worry about her health and welfare during cycles.
    I did say to my FS that if this cycle doesn't work I would prefer an unknown donor next time, at least the o/s clinics organise everything, here you still have to pay for extra scans/tests/ medication/travel costs etc etc
    Hope this helps a little
    Good luck in your decision
    X

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissDa For This Useful Post:

bindyboop  (17-06-2016),Rhino  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow MissDa, thank you for sharing your story. Fingers crossed you get a positive result from this transfer! Do you mind me asking if it is much more expensive doing donor IVF with a known donor as opposed to IVF with your own eggs?

The possible candidate is one of my best friends sisters. She is a lovely soul, same hair colour, eyes and similar body type. Very smart.. a perfect candidate really.. She has four children of her own and as she is currently doing a cycle to donate to someone else I would see how she went with egg collection in this cycle.

So, in saying all of the above, why am I so hesitant?! I worry that what if the child looks like her? When I see her it will be a constant reminder? She will be in our lives forever and not that we see her a lot but when we do how will I feel around her and her children...

Hubby called me earlier and broke down for the first time throughout this journey. he has been my rock for the last 12 months but he finally admitted that it is killing him every time he sees a pregnant woman, baby or father and child. He doesn't want to wait until the end of next year when we had planned to go to Greece. I am afraid he has his heart set on this candidate and I had my heart set on Greece...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bindyboop View Post
    I did I had a young friend that insisted on helping. There are restrictions like they must have kids etc. i chose still go OS because it is anonymous and I dont have to look over my shoulder in case they wanted to have involvement.
    A friend did use a close friend and are all happy. I just couldnt its a really tough one.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've now been here for 16 days and even though transfer is tomorrow and no guarantee on the outcome I cannot stress enough how wonderful Dr Nikos and the entire team are here. Couldn't be in better hands.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (17-06-2016),kcraig  (19-06-2016),Rhino  (20-06-2016),SharonG  (17-06-2016)