Closed Thread
Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for all that info! That is about what I was thinking so glad I haven't been blown out of the park with it being more lol!
    Wow, our thought process is exactly the same! We were very close to doing a second cycle as we have reached our medicare safety net so it will be so much cheaper for each subsequent round this year but then we were like what's the point? Where do you draw the line in the sand? We have a few thousand left in the bank and we could either waste it and take the risk on continuing with our own or put it towards donor eggs.. and donor eggs it is!
    I do have a GP that I think will be ok and supportive.. I guess I will worry about that when I get to it. I can ask her if she's not up for it I will need another referral by then for my FS anyways but they would probably charge be a heap just to walk through the door...
    I was on a previous assisted conception forum and one of the ladies there referred me here and had nothing but good things to say about Embryoland.
    Have you kept this to yourself or told family and friends? I don't think we will tell family and friends just to save any added pressure. We would just say we are going on a holiday and then reassess once we know the result.
    Oh also, is it easy to get to Greece? Like do you need a Visa?
    Last edited by bindyboop; 13-06-2016 at 14:32.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bindyboop View Post
    Oh we are so lucky to have supportive husbands!!
    With my most recent cycle, I took two weeks off work at the advice of my naturopath so that I could relax after transfer.. yep what transfer?! Now I am just moping around the house. I couldn't sleep last night! Fell asleep for a little while and then got back out of bed at midnight and started googling 'Greece' lol!
    September will be here in no time, how exciting!!!! How long will you planning to go for? I am wondering do you have to go through a FS here (I would prefer to cut ties with mine) or can you go directly through Embryoland and perhaps a GP? Also, I hope you don't mind me asking but what sort of ball park figure would you say to save for including everything like flights and accommodation?
    Welcome @bindyboop!
    My FS cut us off once they couldn't help us and I mentioned going OS. We're going it alone with GP (who I have to say is very un-supportive as well! ). But we want to be parents, we've chosen DE now and will go for it and Dr N is all we'll need - once back it'll be like any other pregnancy (yes I'm visualizing I WILL BE BFP! ) so I'll see my GP and go from there like all his other patients... In the meantime maybe I'll be able to find a great OBGYN ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

bindyboop  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the lovely wecome, I love your positive vibes!! When are you planning to go to Greece?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Rhino with regards to the article about donor babies having their gestational carriers dna, its pretty cool hey? The science of all that is called 'epigenics'. There was a show about it on the ABC (maybe Catalyst?) a while ago. Ive googled it but it is a very new science so they dont know much yet.
    Ive read other stuff about how the bub is also yours 'biologically" because your body grows all the babies flesh, blood, organs etc.. and things like facial expressions and mannerisms, ways of speaking etc... are all learned from imitating parents, so in many ways your baby will be like you (lol, if thats what you want, i think of when i was an awful teenager and sometimes hope they wont be anything like me! Haha!) Also when i think of people i know with kids they seem to have moments where their kids do stuff and they say, 'omg they are so like me' BUT also seen their kids do and say stuff and they are like "i have no idea where that came from or why they are like that" lol, so i think that being amazed and surprised by the uniqueness of each of your kids is something all mums have, iykwim. Im also the black sheep in my family, so maybe I'll have another black sheep bubba to hang out with :-)
    @gorgeousgeorge I know what you mean... I would love our baby to be more like DH in teenage years - he was very sedate compared to me! thanks again for all the info you post!
    I do love epigenetics as well - been studying a little of that lately as well! And it's great to know our baby (or babies hopefully) will be like me in some ways as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bindyboop We plan on going to embroyland early Sept for our (twins) !

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

bindyboop  (13-06-2016),kcraig  (15-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh, a little annoyed.. my naturopath just called and put seeds of doubt in my mind saying what if it's sperm and egg quality... my clinic has always said hubby's sperm was fine but my naturopath said it was fine for IVF but it could be better and there could be further testing.. he then told me I should have my tubes removed as they are blocked with yucky stuff that can affect egg quality and getting pregnant. . Way to bring me back down doc!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been a bit quiet the last few days as my stomach is quite sore and I'm tired. Wednesday is egg retrieval. Dr Nikos is thrilled with my egg sizes (20 diameter) and all going well transfer is on Saturday. There are 6 eggs and he's saying at least 4 are good and he's confident of a good result. Not getting my hopes up, but hopeful!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (14-06-2016),AnnaMM  (14-06-2016),jaydee32  (14-06-2016),kcraig  (15-06-2016),Rhino  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Juventina, I am new to this forum and not familiar with your story however wanted to wish you all the best for EPU!! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juventina View Post
    Been a bit quiet the last few days as my stomach is quite sore and I'm tired. Wednesday is egg retrieval. Dr Nikos is thrilled with my egg sizes (20 diameter) and all going well transfer is on Saturday. There are 6 eggs and he's saying at least 4 are good and he's confident of a good result. Not getting my hopes up, but hopeful!
    Everything crossed for you on Sat! So close now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to @bindyboop and good luck on your journey to becoming a mum. @AnnaMM I am also going to a public hospital - Womens in Melbourne. My FS requested that I be seen as high risk due to my age (44) and miscarriage last year (but that was due to egg quality and was never going to survive but..) which is what they have done. I get to see either midwife or obstetrician every 4 weeks and they have advised that I will have extra scans too so 28, 32 and 36 weeks.
    I do like the extra attention I am getting and helps me not to worry but everything is great so far. Midwife appt on Monday at 18w5days. Ill be so happy once I can feel the baby kicks
    To all the girls hope that everyone is well. Good luck to all the ladies either overseas, on 2ww or due to go over soon. I am always thankful for the gift these donors have given us.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (14-06-2016),Rhino  (14-06-2016)