Closed Thread
Page 85 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @lissimmo ,

Dr Syrkos was open to clinic based on donor availability . Although based at Genesis im bit of a case study for him lol . it was a bit cheaper at ikentro as well so he was happy to accomodate for us saving a little . He has a phd & travels lecturing so he is a bit unique in his approach . I did ask if possible & based on feedback would like to try iakentro .

Thanks
    Reviews
    HCG taken yesterday was 68,326 at 10weeks 3 days.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnnaMM For This Useful Post:

Lucky8  (02-06-2016),SharonG  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @annam , good work !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelD View Post
    @Lucky8, good luck with your trip in July - we'll be about 2 weeks behind you! Having the same dilemma with travel money - I'm not liking the exchange rate at the moment, especially considering where it was in late April!! Spoke with a seasoned traveller yesterday, and her suggestion was 1/2 n 1/2 cash and card. Better rates than the banks/Travelex for cash at little 'hole in the wall' bureau de changes (here in Cairns anyway), and then either load up the credit card or get a travel card for anything you can EFT. Don't forget to let your bank know where and when you're travelling so they don't start declining "unusual" transactions. Hope this helps
    @AngelD and @Lucky8 and anyone else arriving soon.

I am here now, we arrived in Athens a few weeks ago, did the treatment and now on the islands.

We have lived, worked and traveled a lot over seas and never really pre planned the access to cash side of things and got badly burnt on our last trip O/S so this time I talked to a lot of people, made a lot of calls and asked a lot of questions and this is what we have done for this trip.

Before we left we arranged a "Cash Passport" through Bank of Queensland. You can get them at Travelex etc also. They all seem to work and cost pretty much the same.

I then worked out how much money I thought we would need for everything (accommodation, taxis, food, entertainment, meds, treatment etc. )...while we were away and also added a buffer so as to avoid atm and further fees once here We then simply loaded the card with that money in Euros at the bank at the same time we opened the Cash Passport.

The Cash Passport only cost $15, you then only cop the conversion which you will anywhere and the banks conversion to euro was comparitive to elsewhere when I was checking. Always check fees as well as conversion rates because although someones conversion rate may e better they may have other fees. The only other fee for the Cash Passport is $10 to get any money off the card when you return. But if you are planning in travelling anywhere again, the card stays active for quite sometime so you dont have to remove any left over if you dont wish to...or pay to get another card...or to close it. You just reload it next time you travel. To open and load takes about 20 minutes to do at the bank. The conversion rate was only 60 cents euro but its a gamble hoping it will improve so we just converted all we needed at once.

The card works just like a Mastercard and it has been accepted anywhere that will take cards. We have found that most restaurants and cafes and all hotels we have dealt with take cards. There are some exceptions though, so do carry cash.

You can check you transactions, balance and change your euro into other currencies easily online.

We then worked out how much cash we wanted on us. We are doing our treatment at Embryoland so knew we needed $3000 cash for them when we arrived, $500 euros to pay our final payment for our apartment and allowed $1500 cash for food, spending etc. I withdrew that in Aussie $$$ from the bank and ordered the eros from the post office because the bank charges a fee for the conversion to cash but the post office doesnt. Just allow the post office a couple of days to get the euros in for you.

I then put it all our cash in 3 envelopes and my husband and I carried it in money belts around our waist till we arrived in Athens. Once we arrived we paid for the apartment and paid Embryoland the next day we split the $1500 spending between a spot in our apartment when we were out, a money belt and my wallet and my husbands wallet. that way if anything happened we had not lost all our money. No one here likes large bills so any time we need smaller bills we pay cash at places like cafes, chemists etc and ask for smaller bills for our change. We have not had to use an ATM once because I worked out all we would need so we have avoided any further fees. Every hotel we have stayed in on the islands has had a safe so we have left he bulk of our $$ in safes while here and again split and carried only what we need for that afternoon/day/night/meal etc.

Sorry long post I know but I find any information like this so helpful, even if I dont use it. Have a wonderful, safe and promising trip everyone <3
    Last edited by ChinaDoll4; 02-06-2016 at 20:47. Reason: Added extra info.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChinaDoll4 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (03-06-2016),lissimmo  (03-06-2016),Lucky8  (03-06-2016),Rhino  (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wrote a lengthy post updating everyone on our experience here with Embryoland and our treatment but it didn't post for some reason :/

I will endeavor to do it again at some stage.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChinaDoll4 For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (03-06-2016),Rhino  (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My journey has now finished and new life begining. Georgia Louise born 1444 on 1st June. 3250 kg. I am just numb I now have a daughter. Had to have a late c section due to her heart rate dropping. Im thinking of you all will try and chat soon. Xx

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (03-06-2016),AnnaMM  (03-06-2016),Jamellabeth  (12-06-2016),jaydee32  (03-06-2016),lissimmo  (03-06-2016),Lucky8  (08-06-2016),Rhino  (03-06-2016),stacey10  (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kcraig View Post
    My journey has now finished and new life begining. Georgia Louise born 1444 on 1st June. 3250 kg. I am just numb I now have a daughter. Had to have a late c section due to her heart rate dropping. Im thinking of you all will try and chat soon. Xx

Omg yay, congrats kcraig, how amazing xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @ChinaDoll4 thank you for all that info you've posted! Things I haven't even considered (cash/credit/atm etc). Thank you so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kcraig - that is just wonderful! Your new journey with Georgia will be amazing! Congratulations!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @kcraig that is wonderful news. I hope that Georgia settles in well into your family. How blessed you all are.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (03-06-2016)