Closed Thread
Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks Kylie i have paid well over $500 for the ticket lol is this what you use when you travel for a cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Morning Girls. Well it doesnt seem that long ago I was in Athens and having my lifetime adventure. Im now in hospital waiting for induction. Any time in next few day and our little Miracle will arrive. Dr Nikos Kanakas and the team are wonderful. Apart from the fact that it hasnt stopped since leaving he has regularly checked in and called re my progress. I will advise when she arrives.
    I wish all you girls continued success. I am sending you all baby dust wishes. Talk soon.xx

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (31-05-2016),jaydee32  (31-05-2016),Lucky8  (01-06-2016),Rhino  (31-05-2016),SharonG  (31-05-2016),Yasna  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kcraig View Post
    Hey Morning Girls. Well it doesnt seem that long ago I was in Athens and having my lifetime adventure. Im now in hospital waiting for induction. Any time in next few day and our little Miracle will arrive. Dr Nikos Kanakas and the team are wonderful. Apart from the fact that it hasnt stopped since leaving he has regularly checked in and called re my progress. I will advise when she arrives.
    I wish all you girls continued success. I am sending you all baby dust wishes. Talk soon.xx
    Wow that seems to have flown by, all
    The best w meeting your little cherub xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @kcraig how exciting. Yes it seems like only yesterday you were off on your adventure. Good luck and may the birth go well. What a wonderful time - welcoming a new member into your family. Best wishes
    @Jamellabeth must've had her twinnies by now also. Hope everyone is well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update & questions !

All set to visit Athens on 5/7 & meeting up with our clinician dr Syrkos who will be checking me out at Genesis & then donor / transfer @ lakentro Athens . Getting sorted with boring admin now ... Debating with hubby if we don't stress too much about taking money to Greece & use our multiple cards , visas & sort it out there ! Are we being to unplanned ??? What does everyone suggest given that Greece seems to be a cash happy society

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lucky8, good luck with your trip in July - we'll be about 2 weeks behind you! Having the same dilemma with travel money - I'm not liking the exchange rate at the moment, especially considering where it was in late April!! Spoke with a seasoned traveller yesterday, and her suggestion was 1/2 n 1/2 cash and card. Better rates than the banks/Travelex for cash at little 'hole in the wall' bureau de changes (here in Cairns anyway), and then either load up the credit card or get a travel card for anything you can EFT. Don't forget to let your bank know where and when you're travelling so they don't start declining "unusual" transactions. Hope this helps

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (01-06-2016),Lucky8  (01-06-2016),Rhino  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just got back at the begining of the week, we found that most places preferred cash and smaller notes as well, a bit of a pain when you change money over and the bank etc give you larger notes !! We used mostly cash in athens and Mykonos, using the machines to get it after we had used up our stash, then on santorini we found that a lot of the places were fine with cards, but we still endeavoured to pay cash for as much as we could, and we tipped as well, they earn so little and are now expected to pay 75% taxes and they're taxed on everything, so many of them now have to work 7 days a wk, they're even taxed if they have a 3rd child !! And still they are so friendly and happy so we figured anything we can do to help we would

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (01-06-2016),lissimmo  (01-06-2016),Lucky8  (01-06-2016),Rhino  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky8 View Post
    All set to visit Athens on 5/7 & meeting up with our clinician dr Syrkos who will be checking me out at Genesis & then donor / transfer @ lakentro Athens . Getting sorted with boring admin now ... Debating with hubby if we don't stress too much about taking money to Greece & use our multiple cards , visas & sort it out there ! Are we being to unplanned ??? What does everyone suggest given that Greece seems to be a cash happy society
    Hi Lucky
    Do you mind if i ask why you are seeing a dr at genesis and transfer at iakentro?
    lisa

Thanks
    Reviews
    why is it cheaper to pay with cash rather than your credit card?
    iakentro want me to do a full cash transfer online using GCEN?
    my free credit card insurance won't insure me at all now as im doing ivf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @AngelD . Will do cash & card just to be safe - So much organisation !!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (01-06-2016)