Closed Thread
Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    The health risks are no worse than OE ivf... which you've already been doing. So wouldn't you be well aware of those risks by now??
    Oh yeah I told him the risks involved, I probably knew more about IVF and donor cycles than he did lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gen 72!

What were the costs involved with known egg donors?

I know you pay the group $13k approx.

I assume you would have to pay full price for egg collection $5-6k.

Then your transfer...$2k.

Drugs?

Additional costs?

Thanks heaps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi , I sent an email to them & they sent back a breakdown of costings . Took a while to get a response so sent a request twice . It seemed to me to be closer to 35k , I could be wrong but at the time OSED was more economical ..
    Last edited by Lucky8; 07-05-2016 at 10:54.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

Gold Coastie  (07-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gold Coastie & @ Lucky8 maybe not quite $35k, but I think just over $30k. If you either of you would like my figures let me know.

But OS ED is definitely cheaper...just depends what you want as a whole.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

Gold Coastie  (07-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    @Gold Coastie & @ Lucky8 maybe not quite $35k, but I think just over $30k. If you either of you would like my figures let me know.

But OS ED is definitely cheaper...just depends what you want as a whole.
    We had Donor egg and most amazing holiday for same price as having paid full cost ivf here. Worth the investment im 34 wks now thanks to Embryoland

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (07-05-2016),Gold Coastie  (07-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi , We are going to Santorini first to have a break as its been a loooooong haul with all this fertility drama & it's well deserved time to take a nice rest before hand . Our costs will be part holiday part ED so it's all relative really . In the end for 25k I will get ED & stay in a lovely island for 5 nights & see a city we've never visited - that was our thought process

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ruth say's I don't need to test for NK cells and its not relevant for me using donor eggs my issue is age. I went to GP to ask for Mother gene test he said there is no evidence that this effects pregnancy. He also said there is no evidence that meds for NK cells do anything. what the! he asked me the name of the meds for it, as if I would know I have never been treated for it. Everytime i asked a question he asked me 10 questions like a quiz, i.e. have you been told the risks for thryoid meds I said yeah insomnia and then he asked and what else, geez im not a gp, you are! Smartass. He does not like the herbalist thats for sure lol Im only going to him as he bulk bills.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lissimmo sounds like you need a new Dr. Your Dr should be supportive even if he doesnt agree. I suggest you go a bit futher for better service.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kcraig View Post
    @lissimmo sounds like you need a new Dr. Your Dr should be supportive even if he doesnt agree. I suggest you go a bit futher for better service.
    It's bulk billing I need as much $ as I can for this so I have to put up with it. Either that or go to the Asian dr who only treats me for one thing at a time and makes you wait in his waiting room for over an hour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try dr Barabash's rooms . He charged us a few hundred dollars for an ultrasound 3 weeks straight once or twice a week ! Apparently he is very affordable although a well known surgeon . You don't need all this crap ! He will provide you with meds . he is Malvern if that's close Enough to you & works mainly through Cabrini .he is very open minded .

Mthfr - well depends what aspect of it you have . Mines c677t in which folinic acid as opposed to folic acid Is used . My clinician in Greece found out from a professor in Rome to make sure I'm taking folinic supplements as folic cannot be absorbed well in someone with my mutation of mthfr .

Lyn Burmeister put me onto the folinic acid . So I would suggest a bit of ignorance there on that topic !! The test you need is Mthfr , demand you want it regardless .
    Last edited by Lucky8; 07-05-2016 at 15:33.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (07-05-2016)