Closed Thread
Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Cherry, Qld ultrasound for women does do 3D scans & you can get a DVD of your scan.

Don't go to Qscan. The doc there is really creepy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gold Coastie For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @cherryPC Wow!! Thats high numbers, did you do a double embryo transfer?
    Oh and when the clinics in greece say a 57% chance with donor eggs, is that for a double embryo transfer?
    And welcome @Goldcoastie
    Hi @gorgeousgeorge!

We transferred 2 PGS'd grade 5AA embies that were hatching. The clinic advised to transfer 1 (as they were PGS'd and such great quality, plus they advised about the risks of multiples) but silly me wanted to be sure, and DH said 'go for broke!) so we transferred 2.

When a clinic states a % figure it could mean anything. It is extremely difficult to compare clinics unless the calculation is performed exactly the same way at each clinic. For example, is it a certain age range? Was it DE or OE transfers? Did they include PGSd embies? Did they transfer 1, 2 or 3 embies? Iakentro's success rate for fresh is 70% but not sure how that is measured.

FYI - The national authority for ivf in Oz has recognised this issue regarding % comparisons and they were talking at one stage about a national ranking system for Oz clinics so parents-to-be could make informed choices. But that won't help us with the OS clinics!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaDoll4 View Post
    Hi again everyone. Whilst reading the thread and thinking about our trip I have thought of 4 more questions if anyone can help.

1) Did you all just take enough meds for the flight and buy more once in Athens?

2) Can anyone tell me how they reacted to the prognova and if so how soon after taking it ? I have only been on 1 tablet for a few days and seem awfully bloated!

3) May I ask if you did double embryo transfers or just went with one and if you went with 2 did it result in twins?

4) Did anyone have serious second thoughts just before leaving?

Thanks so much.
    1) I took enough meds for the trip plus a bit extra in case. I only bought Ultrogestan prog pessaries in Greece (18 boxes @ 7 euros each. That's about $12Aud per box. The equivalent are $55 a box in Oz. Hence a BIG saving!!!). The rest of my meds (prednisone, clexane and progynova) were cheaper in Oz.

2) I was sick when taking progynova and had to insert the pills vaginally instead. Yes I got bloated too.

3) Transferred 2 PGS'd embies. Twins?? TBA!! Most people transfer 2 embies and have a singleton.

4) Yes I had serious second thoughts. Even the day after my transfer I had silly thoughts... But then I said to myself 'isn't this what you have ALWAYS wanted!!??' Once I saw those 2 pink lines I haven't looked back. I think we analyse things so deeply before we go over for DE... then when the time actually arrives it is a bit surreal... it all happens so quickly and we start to doubt. I guess that is a normal thing for us human beings! We are strange creatures at times.
    Last edited by CherryCP; 05-05-2016 at 17:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @cherryPC Lol, it never ends does it, you don't get preggers=you worry, you get pregnant= you worry for 9 months, you have kids= you worry about them for the rest of your life! I keep thinking about whether to transfer 1 or 2 and i haven't even chosen a clinic yet! Sometimes i think that human beings shouldnt even ever have to make these kind of decisions, iykwim. We never know whats gonna happen anyway. Im glad you havent looked back. I think ivf makes u think about things other people never even consider but then, maybe it makes the whole experience even more special and precious. Bloody life, hey! It's hard!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (05-05-2016),CherryCP  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @lissimmo

Actually Dr lyn recommended South Africa , but because I'm European ( not Greek ) thought I would prefer to be over in Europe ! I asked dr Burmeister for a Greek recommendation . I trust her judgement as her referral of my obstetrician was awesome . Although we had complications the care I was given was incredible from My obstetrician . dr Burmeister is a very picky lady for those that have dealt with her !! Maybe others get kick backs but in my case is not so . She is not one of those people & was very angry About what happened to me at Monash Ivf . The fact they didn't run certain blood tests made her very upset & some other details I Shall wish to forget ..

I think any bad clinic in Greece would be 10 times better than the treatment I got here in Australia !!

I may be going to lakentro , as my clinician has ties with a few so we shall see . He suggested iakentro if he finds better match & that's his strategy .Thanks for the concern , it's nice to get everyone wanting to do the right thing & give me a heads up .
    Last edited by Lucky8; 05-05-2016 at 21:23.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (05-05-2016),CherryCP  (06-05-2016),jaydee32  (06-05-2016),Vixjc  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like the twinny description 💑@Vixjc
    Excellent numbers @CherryCP !
    Last edited by Lucky8; 05-05-2016 at 21:17.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    1) I took enough meds for the trip plus a bit extra in case. I only bought Ultrogestan prog pessaries in Greece (18 boxes @ 7 euros each. That's about $12Aud per box. The equivalent are $55 a box in Oz. Hence a BIG saving!!!). The rest of my meds (prednisone, clexane and progynova) were cheaper in Oz.

2) I was sick when taking progynova and had to insert the pills vaginally instead. Yes I got bloated too.

3) Transferred 2 PGS'd embies. Twins?? TBA!! Most people transfer 2 embies and have a singleton.

4) Yes I had serious second thoughts. Even the day after my transfer I had silly thoughts... But then I said to myself 'isn't this what you have ALWAYS wanted!!??' Once I saw those 2 pink lines I haven't looked back. I think we analyse things so deeply before we go over for DE... then when the time actually arrives it is a bit surreal... it all happens so quickly and we start to doubt. I guess that is a normal thing for us human beings! We are strange creatures at times.
    haha tonight i saw my gp and he was so negative about ruth it made me have second thoughts, then i see my chinese herbalist and she bags the gp and told me how many success stories of people who have gone to greece including her friends now my thoughts have gone the other way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coastie View Post
    Hey Cherrie

My bros wife used Glenda McLaren and my friend used their group as they were both having twins. Glenda is at Wickham Tce.

Just thought I'd add that into the mix. I think they like to encourage natural births from what I understand. They use Mater mothers. I talked to one of my ambo preggas friend and she said she wouldn't go to any other hospital.
    Thanks @Gold Coastie!

DH wanted an Ob with some OS experience, plus twins... Glenda fits the bill there plus she is on Nth side which prob suits us better... We looked at her profile last night. I'll make enquiries today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lissimmo View Post
    haha tonight i saw my gp and he was so negative about ruth it made me have second thoughts, then i see my chinese herbalist and she bags the gp and told me how many success stories of people who have gone to greece including her friends now my thoughts have gone the other way
    Hi @lissimmo! A GP should be supportive of what you want to do - not negative! If I felt I wasn't getting positive vibes from my GP, then I'd see someone else!

Actually I literally changed medical clinics and GPs and saw someone who respected my choices. My previous GP was an old man, old fashioned, set in his ways and was very vocal against women over 40 having babies. This was also influencing DH. So I took my business elsewhere! During this journey you need to surround yourself with positive and supportive people who are going to help you achieve your dreams.

Research is my expertise and trust me... I researched Ruth and the clinics she works for VERY thoroughly before I made a choice. I have never read a foul word written about any of them. You should do that too - if you haven't already.

Go with your gut! If this is what you want, then be strong ...don't be swayed like a flower in the breeze...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

Kitkats  (06-05-2016),piratehamster88  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cherry

If you do go with Glenda, book an appt around lunch or later. Easier to grab a street car park...allow 1.5 hours just in case.

Always ring the Ob the morning of your appt to make sure they haven't had an emergency that day.

Glad everything is going well! Exciting times ahead!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gold Coastie For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (06-05-2016)