Closed Thread
Page 64 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Cherrie

My bros wife used Glenda McLaren and my friend used their group as they were both having twins. Glenda is at Wickham Tce.

Just thought I'd add that into the mix. I think they like to encourage natural births from what I understand. They use Mater mothers. I talked to one of my ambo preggas friend and she said she wouldn't go to any other hospital.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gold Coastie For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry meant Cherry.

Qld ultrasound for women in the city has also got neeto equipment

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gold Coastie For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coastie View Post
    Sorry meant Cherry.

Qld ultrasound for women in the city has also got neeto equipment
    Thanks @Gold Coastie! What is neeto equip? Is it 3d or something?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kategc View Post
    Hi ChinaDoll

All the best with up coming trip, 2 weeks will be here before you know it.

As for cash, we took it with us ordered it in Australia. Also put money on a travel card, there's a atm down stairs from Embryoland that you can get cash from too plus a heap across road. Think to access travel card for cash was only 50c each cash transaction. We pretty paid with cash only, just easier over there.
    For phones we are with Optus so we paid $10 a day to have unlimited calls and txts ( we need our phones got our business) and it just worked as normal no need to get new sim or number.
    Other women have just been chatting about the meds and travel, I didn't even bother with a letter never got stopped once. I might for our trip over in June/July as we are going to a few different countries and want to be safe.

Experience overseas is like no other, enjoy every bit of it and look toward to hearing about another success story xx

Hi Kategc

Thanks so much for all that. I am going to make notes with any advice I receive as I am sure it will come in handy.

We are looking at a cash passport with our bank which I guess is like a travel card. It's $15 to get from the bank and $10 to close but there doesnt seem to be any fees after that. I want to be more prepared this time because a few years ago when we travelled in Dubai we were just using our own credit cards and got SO stung every time but didnt realise till we returned home.

I have a letter from the Dr about my meds, just in case and will take the advice and pop all my meds in a plastic container for carry on.

Gosh I am nervous!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kcraig View Post
    Congrats on your decision. We ordered cash here due to shortage in Greece at the time. I took enough for deposit requested and the rest we used our cc card which is fine. Cash is to pay the donor etc. as well as having some for spending.
    Thanks so much kcraig

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Cherry CP. I think we are going to go with a cash passport because although our credit cards can be used anywhere O/S, last time we traveled we got hit with hefty fees every time we used it.

Is Syntagma Square near the clinic? A couple of people have mentioned it now.

I think we are going to go for a local Sim card when we get there and use our laptop for contact with home. I love the idea of the unlimited calls but we have just lost over $1000 because we had to change our flight plan :/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ChinaDoll4 For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasna View Post
    Hey China Doll and welcome !

I'm also in Brisbane turning 46 soon, and have a nearly five month old son from going to Embryoland last year. I'm happy to answer your questions and if you like, you can message me with your phone number and I can talk to personally about my experience.

I took cash and paid half cash half card. With meds I got a letter, but never needed to use it, the Greek customs were more worried about my fertility statue that made them giggle. I carried clexane with me, I was advised to take it due to blood clots since I was on a high dose of progynova. I took clexane until 12 weeks, and stopped all other medications at the same time.

I was extremely terrified about going down the donor egg path, but I thought to myself "do you want to hold a baby in your arms or not?"...it was either try and get pregnant with my 2% chance with my own eggs, or go for 60-70% with donor. I'm glad I took the trip. Plus after 9 unsuccessful attempts with my own eggs, I realised, enough is enough.

I chose Embryoland because I really like Dr Nikos Kanakas, he is one of the best doctors i've ever dealt with and really loves creating life across the globe. He takes great pride in his work and is genuinely interested in creating a baby for you. I felt like he was invested in my personal goal of becoming a mother. It worked out for me so well, that I would not hesitate going back to Greece when the time is right. I've read about other clinics, but I can only talk about Embryoland since I was lucky enough to be successful and have a gorgeous healthy baby boy, who apparently according to my mother, looks like me. He chose my female donor really well, I feel a great connection with my child.

I wish you all the best and I think you have chosen the best place in Greece to start your journey of motherhood. Embryoland was a life changer for me.

Thanks you so much for all that @Yasna. I actually got very emotional reading your answer. It sounds like we have had a very similar experience. I am feeling so overwhelmed at the moment so can only process very little at the moment and dont even know what I want and need to know, until I randomly think of it. But thank you so much, I may just take you up on that at some stage.

I have less than 5% chance with my eggs now and just keep miscarrying so donor egg is the end of the road.

My experience with Dr Kanakas has also been extremely positive so far, which sets my mind at ease.

How wonderful you have a baby boy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ChinaDoll4 For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @cherryPC Wow!! Thats high numbers, did you do a double embryo transfer?
    Oh and when the clinics in greece say a 57% chance with donor eggs, is that for a double embryo transfer?
    And welcome @Goldcoastie

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cherrypc that's such wonderful news.
    @Stacy10 I am so sorry for your brother's loss.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ChinaDoll4 For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again everyone. Whilst reading the thread and thinking about our trip I have thought of 4 more questions if anyone can help.

1) Did you all just take enough meds for the flight and buy more once in Athens?

2) Can anyone tell me how they reacted to the prognova and if so how soon after taking it ? I have only been on 1 tablet for a few days and seem awfully bloated!

3) May I ask if you did double embryo transfers or just went with one and if you went with 2 did it result in twins?

4) Did anyone have serious second thoughts just before leaving?

Thanks so much.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ChinaDoll4 For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (05-05-2016)