Closed Thread
Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Gen72!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hiya - sorry to hijack your thread, but we've received a request from a group working at the University of Sydney who want to hear from Aussies who have travelled abroad for egg donation.

They want to hear your story so they can learn what can be changed at home to make a better system for Australians wanting egg donation..

If you can help, please check out the thread below - and please pass the message on to any other forum members, or anyone else, that you think might be interested.

I'm sure you'd all like to see change happen, and this could just be the start...

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...m-in-Australia

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-bubhub For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (03-05-2016),Lucky8  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Congrats

Congrats @Gen72!!! Hell there are going to be quite a few of us due at the same time!!! All that positive thinking really paid off didn't it?!
    Last edited by CherryCP; 03-05-2016 at 15:56.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Welcome

I'd like to say a warm 'welcome' to @Lucky8 and @Gold Coastie!

Hi @Lucky8! You mentioned Genesis and Lakentro? (I think you meant iakentro?). I can't speak from personal experience about Genesis but I haven't heard many good stories about them and the way they treat patients. You may want to read some old posts on this thread and other forums. On the other hand, I can speak about Iakentro. I went to their clinic in Thessaloniki. If you have any queries about them don't hesitate to ask me.

Hi @Gold Coastie! I'm glad my posts have helped you and DP. If you need any further info, I'm happy to help you too. Ruth Pellow is my nurse with Iakentro and she made the PGS happen. PM me if you need contact details.

Yes this thread is quite exciting and can be quite addictive. So many BFPs lately!!! My words of advice to newbies... when choosing a Greek clinic, make sure all your questions and concerns are being answered professionally. Be wary of a "don't worry - it will all be okay" approach. As they say... "go with your gut".
    Last edited by CherryCP; 03-05-2016 at 15:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @CherryCP

I'm not sure if we are with lakentro or genesis at this stage as it is depending on a few details - Dr Stephen Syrkos works across a few clinics & he is my consultant recommended by FS dr Lynn Burmeister & my obstetrician the lovely Dr Ian Barabash -so I guess for me it's about knowing of my consultants qualifications & reputation through Aussie contacts & colleagues.

So my handling will be a little bit more personalised then the Genesis mass production I to have heard about ! I raised my concerns as well & it seems like Genesis can be a bit mass market ( a bit like Monash Ivf ) & lakentro a lot more personalised.
    Thanks for the heads up & warning .

My cycle post D&C finally arrived !
    Next step Nk cell test at day 21 & scratching with Dr Lynn Burmeister .

Then to get sorted for the meds to take to Greece - it's now getting closer !!

May I ask -the dr's letter regarding the medication for overseas travel - what exactly does the letter need to state ? Is it a generic one where the meds are for fertility reasons or are the list of meds to be on the letter specifically ?

Thankyou ladies
    Last edited by Lucky8; 03-05-2016 at 18:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky8 View Post
    Thanks @CherryCP

May I ask -the dr's letter regarding the medication for overseas travel - what exactly does the letter need to state ? Is it a generic one where the meds are for fertility reasons or are the list of meds to be on the letter specifically ?

Thankyou ladies
    No worries. My letter from my Oz FS said I needed to travel with medication that was required for fertility treatment. It then listed the medication. I also had a 2nd letter from my Greek clinic nurse (but that is probably not necessary).

Frankly - noone even looked at or asked me about my meds. I got out my large clear lunchbox at one screening point and they actually told me to put it back in my bag!! So after that I didn't ever bother taking it out again. But you will need that letter (I put it in my lunch box with the meds) just in case. Actually they are more worried about you having a water bottle than a box full of injections!!! (We had a couple of bottles confiscated).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same sort of letter as @CherryCP. The only place i was checked was leaving Greece and they were only interested in the ice pack (for the pregnyl) that i was carrying. I gave them the letter from Serum but they didn't even read it. Never had any questions anywhere else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well tomorrow is HCG test no.2... My FS recommended waiting a week for the 2nd test. The lab opens at 7am and I need to catch a bus to work at 8am... so it's early rise for me so I can stake out the lab!

I have been experiencing an almost constant mild cramp type feeling for the past couple of weeks. Apparently this is normal as the uterus expands? I've never been pregnant before so every feeling is new to me... and I worry/wonder if everything is okay. Seeing my GP next week.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info @CherryCP . Those symptoms you describe sound like it's all going to plan !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Kitkats . I would never have thought to organize an ice pack- It's now on my to do list as clexane is part of my protocol ( mthfr issue damn it )