Closed Thread
Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeah @SharonG I had put on an average of 3kgs each cycle...we did so some back to back but thankfully when we did have a few months in between I lost a little or I'd have put on A LOT more than the 14kgs I've put on in 20mths

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Gen72! Hope things are progressing well for you? Any symptoms yet?? Hope so!!!

Hi girls! Just wondering how long it normally takes to get results back from a pregnancy blood test? My test form requested: HCG, Prog, and E2. Is this what they normally test for? I was tested yesterday at 10am. Just rang the GP clinic now and they reckon no results yet... it could take 48 hours??

Hi @Vixjc! Have you done your HCG blood test yet? Any results?

Hi @SharonG! Re: medication... Since returning from Greece, I have been experiencing REALLY dry lips and cracked heels. I mean my lips are so sore, when I lie in bed at night all I can feel is my lips stinging. I am covering them with Calmex. And my heals... yuk... very grossly cracked and dry. Little chunks of skin coming off when I scratch them. I am putting heal cream on several times a day. Has anyone else experienced this while on their medication?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes i know people in oz that recommend to have it the day of transfer and after.
    are you able to please pm me the details of your naturopath, i am in melbourne

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey ladies, can u help with some info about egg donation in greece at embryoland. 1) How much is a frozen cycle? 2) and am i right in thinking that if, the 1st time we go there DH has sperm frozen, he wont have to go back a second time if we needed to do a 2nd cycle and then id save on flight cost and only need to be there for transfer day? So, am i right in thinking 2nd time round it can be done for cheaper than the first cycle no matter whether you have to go back for another fresh cycle or a frozen cycle? Soz, im in total research mode at the moment. Ive been so distracted at work. Im a teacher and yesterday first day back after school holidays, i drive into the carpark and the blood bank DONOR bus/ truck/trailer thing is parked up the front gate for the kids n teachers to donate. (Pretty cool, they do it twice a year.) My classroom windows look right out towards it! I basically spent the day staring out the window for 6 hours looking at a massive red truck canvas with DONOR written on it. Bizarre, right? Lol i know ivfs sending me crazy when i start seeing signs; rainbows, butterflies, shooting stars, unexpected songs....aaaargh!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (28-04-2016),Vixjc  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @gorgeousgeorge!

This applies to any clinic:

Yes - once they have DHs sperm you are set. He can travel there alone and drop some off prior to you going over the first time. (This will reduce the time either of you are required to be there).

Or you can go together and he can provide a sample while you are both there for the fresh transfer. (That means you both need to be there longer).

If your first attempt is not a success, you can go back alone and do either a frozen or fresh transfer (as they will have either frozen embies from your first attempt or they can make more frozen or fresh embies using DHs sample). Yes you will not need to be there long for a return attempt (if they have DHs frozen sample).

My understanding is a full treatment cycle (fresh or frozen) involving stimulating a donor costs the same regardless of whether they use fresh or frozen sperm. However if you are going back to transfer remaining frozen embies from a previous cycle, that will cost less.

If this doesn't make sense, feel free to send me a PM.
    Last edited by CherryCP; 28-04-2016 at 19:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    Hi @Gen72! Hope things are progressing well for you? Any symptoms yet?? Hope so!!!

Hi girls! Just wondering how long it normally takes to get results back from a pregnancy blood test? My test form requested: HCG, Prog, and E2. Is this what they normally test for? I was tested yesterday at 10am. Just rang the GP clinic now and they reckon no results yet... it could take 48 hours??

Hi @SharonG! Re: medication... Since returning from Greece, I have been experiencing REALLY dry lips and cracked heels. I mean my lips are so sore, when I lie in bed at night all I can feel is my lips stinging. I am covering them with Calmex. And my heals... yuk... very grossly cracked and dry. Little chunks of skin coming off when I scratch them. I am putting heal cream on several times a day. Has anyone else experienced this while on their medication?
    I've done my beta's, last one (Tues) at 15 days post transfer was 790 so doubling every 46 hours, just the way it should thank goodness. Next is the viability scan in a couple of weeks ... So much waiting in IVF! I've had that scan go terribly pear shaped in the past so I always get very nervous about it. I'm starting to get mild queasiness- which is pretty early! But I'm not really surprised given I had 26 weeks of MS with my DS ... Worth it though :-)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (28-04-2016),kategc  (28-04-2016),Kitkats  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    I've done my beta's, last one (Tues) at 15 days post transfer was 790 so doubling every 46 hours, just the way it should thank goodness. Next is the viability scan in a couple of weeks ... So much waiting in ivf
    Thanks @Vixjc! How many beta hcgs are commonly done? So you are only 7 days ahead of me?? Sneakysaurus you certainly are 😁😁 I am still waiting on results of my first HCG. DH is telling to stop stressing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Vixjc! How many beta hcgs are commonly done? So you are only 7 days ahead of me?? Sneakysaurus you certainly are 😁😁 I am still waiting on results of my first HCG. DH is telling to stop stressing.
    Normally you would do at least 2 (2 days apart), but some clinics do three, some girls like to do three or more just for peace of mind, but I just stick with two cos the waiting kills me! Ring your dr to chase the hcg results - must confess I ticked the urgent box on the referral, then when I hadn't heard by 4pm that day I paged my FS who chased it up - patience is not one of my virtues :-D. I don't understand how men can be so calm about it!!! My DH forgets about it - I've explained hcg so many times now *eye roll* :-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

I found that if I had the test before 10am I'd have the results that day - I'd call my GP and/or FS after 4pm and they'd be able to give me the results.
    I was dreadful and had at least 4 hcg tests - 1 every 2-3 days just so I could see how high the numbers were going!

And Vix is right the 6week scan (for viability) is so stressful I was in tears the night before!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Normally you would do at least 2 (2 days apart), but some clinics do three, some girls like to do three or more just for peace of mind, but I just stick with two cos the waiting kills me! Ring your dr to chase the hcg results - must confess I ticked the urgent box on the referral, then when I hadn't heard by 4pm that day I paged my FS who chased it up - patience is not one of my virtues :-D. I don't understand how men can be so calm about it!!! My DH forgets about it - I've explained hcg so many times now *eye roll* :-)
    Thanks @Vixjc. My form had urgent on it too... The urgent box was ticked plus they put an urgent sticker on the form! I've been waiting for 2 days now. I'd hate to think how long it would take if it wasn't urgent? The form had both my FS and GP on it. I've tried my GP twice today. I'll try my FS tomorrow. The joys of living in Central Qld.