Closed Thread
Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so what you are saying they only freeze the A grade embryo's not the crappy one's? and 75% is better than fresh which is 70%? Yes I am doing double donor, why am I ideal? I sent Ruth my reports she said there is nothing wrong with me and im a great candidate.
    She did email and say if my embryo's fail first go that they freeze remaining and then its only 45% success rate?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lissimmo For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [wooho i can't believe you can tell after 7 days fabulous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @SharonG we are traveling after 15 days with Embryoland staying 3 weeks.... can i ask you have you booked your islands trips or not yet dr k recommended to book from there..
    Last edited by Chanel78; 27-04-2016 at 07:09.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chanel78 For This Useful Post:

SharonG  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!
    I've been meaning to write for ages but growing these babies is seriously taking it out of me!
    Big welcome to all the new ladies, this is such a wonderful (fast moving) thread and if it wasn't for all the generous ladies sharing their sometime intimate stories and experiences I wouldn't be where I am today - on bed rest with twins!

For those newbies my story is probably back in the Greece thread #2 with lots of details about the trip, costs, day by day expenses, Meds etc
    But very briefly we flew over last year and spent 3 glorious weeks in Greece with a beautiful life changing pit stop with the divine Dr K at Embryoland. My first ever ivf with DE and DH swimmers we ended up at day 5 with 4 perfect Blasties and transferred 2 just prior to heading over to the islands.
    We came home and tested the day after we arrived home (day 9) and had a big fat positive!!!!!
    We found out at our 6 week scan that we had 2 heartbeats - yep both stuck!

I am now 35 weeks pregnant with 2 very active babies! Counting down the days til they arrive!

Btw I'm 46! So ladies it's not too late and once you make the decision it can happen so fast your head will spin!
    I am still in shock that 1 trip has resulted in 2 babies after a lifetime of waiting!

I'm happy the answer any questions or you can pm me.

Good luck! xxx

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (27-04-2016),lissimmo  (27-04-2016),Positano1  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge congrats Vix, cherry and Anna!
    Yay!!!!!!!!
    Wishing a all a super healthy, beautiful pregnancies - so many gorgeous Bubbas!
    💖💖💖

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (27-04-2016),CherryCP  (26-04-2016),lissimmo  (27-04-2016),Vixjc  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lissimmo View Post
    Ok so what you are saying they only freeze the A grade embryo's not the crappy one's? and 75% is better than fresh which is 70%? Yes I am doing double donor, why am I ideal? I sent Ruth my reports she said there is nothing wrong with me and im a great candidate.
    She did email and say if my embryo's fail first go that they freeze remaining and then its only 45% success rate?
    I have PM'd you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Jamellabeth! Great to hear from you. Are you going to have a C section? How far along will they let you go with twins? (I may need to know this information ).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    Hi @Jamellabeth! Great to hear from you. Are you going to have a C section? How far along will they let you go with twins? (I may need to know this information ).
    Yes, we've booked a c section (honestly I don't care how they come out - happy & healthy is all I want!)
    With twins they consider 38 weeks full term but mine are on the big side and I've had growth scans (similar to the 20weeks scan) every 4 weeks so I've been closely monitored.

My OB is happy if I get to 36 weeks, even happier if I get to 37 but he has left it up to me and how I'm feeling! So I actually have 2 dates tentatively booked and I see him next week and we'll decide then. My OB is just gorgeous and very sympathetic to my overly stretched tummy - lol!

Twins are hard work!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (27-04-2016),lissimmo  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lissimmo View Post
    Congrats Vixj was this through Dr Nikos?
    No it wasn't. I go to Serum IVF - also in Athens. I really like they way they know their donors, monitor them taking the medication, the way they select the donor for you to match not just your physical characteristics but other factors too, and the very personal, non-pushy, empathetic service. The clinic Director at Serum is Penny Abatzi - a nurse (my FS says that creates a better run, more compassionate clinic and in comparison to Australian clinics, that has certainly been my experience). Penny is supported by a team of Doctors, embryologists etc who are free to focus on the science while she focuses on the patient - it's great.

There is a lot of info about Greek clinics generally on 'Fertility Friends' - a UK website that has a much broader reach than our little thread here, but if you're thinking of working with Ruth Pellow I think you can't go wrong, she is more aware of the benefits and styles of the different clinics than any of us ever could be.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (27-04-2016),Kitkats  (27-04-2016),lissimmo  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @SharonG! I have been thinking of you.

Other tips I'd probably give you is perhaps see a naturopath (I am sooo glad I did as I was far from being a great DE recipient prior to seeing my naturopath. I reckon my body would not have sustained another life very well. I went for another checkup the day we flew out of Oz, and the naturopath was amazed with how much my body had healed).

You could also try acupuncture to calm you and prepare your uterus, increase blow flow, circulation, etc. You can get this done during the lead up to your trip to Greece, plus some ladies get it done on transfer day in the clinic. I didn't do it this time (tried it during ivf), but I've heard it has helped some ladies on this thread who went to Greece.

You may also like to try some meditation. There are some freebies available for donor egg cycles on Youtube. It may help get your head in the right space so you are thinking positively.

Other than that, follow exactly whatever your doctor/nurse/clinic is telling you to do. I did up a spreadsheet (a table) for the lead up to Greece, during Greece, and beyond. Each day I tick everything off, i.e. each pill, scan, test, visit, pessary, needle, etc.

I also bought a pill box with two compartments which holds two days worth of pills. I religiously allocate all the pills for a whole day to each compartment. This is handy as you can go away for the day (or weekend) and take the pill box with you, knowing you have everything. The pill box also helps me remember if I took a pill or not (i.e. if I forget to tick it off my chart)... as I'm getting forgetful in my old age!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (27-04-2016),SharonG  (27-04-2016)