Closed Thread
Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @CherryCP :-) thanks so much for welcoming me into the thread, my user name is the name of one of my cats :-) i always worry people will think im up- myself calling myself gorgeous lol. I am currently well on my way to being a crazy cat lady but hoping that one day pregnancy and motherhood will rid me of my crazy cat lady status. Its something i joke about when people ask me about having kids, but i only joke coz otherwise id cry about it and i never really wanted to be a crazy cat lady :-). Its so strange over the last 3 days ive transitioned from ending the mourning of my own eggs to totally beong ok with donor eggs. Did anyone else feel like the decision for donor eggs was like a very 'snap' kinda decision? Its like ive wanted to avoid it for years but yesterday i changed my mind and now, today, im as totally dedicated to sorting an o'seas donor as i was to pursuing ivf in the first place. And now, just this evening ive gone from like, 'yeah 70% chance!' to being more realistic and thinking 'when i get back from athens and i get a bfn, how can i get more money to go back?or how can i fly over there x 3, how will i find $30k, after i fail at donor eggs 3 times, then what do i do?' Geez ivf makes you become a crazy person! Has anyone actually done donor eggs cycles 3 times, not frozen left over embys but actually had to pay for 3 whole stim cycles and still not got a positive? Is it possible the universe can be that cruel? Can a human being actually endure that? Aaargh!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonG View Post
    Hi Anna, congratulations on your BFP that is fantastic, can you tell me how many transfers you have had in Greece and was it with Dr Nikos.

You give me so much hope 😃
    I was very lucky to have only one trip to Athens to get pregnant. I'm now 6 weeks along but not sure if I'm having 1 or 2. I transferred 2 with Dr K in Embryoland. I ended up having to stay an extra week because I got my period on the plane over. Unbelievable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @gorgeousgeorge!

When I first started ivf my FS said I should consider donor eggs... My response was, 'I really want a baby but I won't go that far! I won't resort to donor eggs!' Well after 2 failed ivfs, and two FS's later, and no eggs... i was once again told by my FS to consider donor eggs and I was given a handful of photocopied info from other patients who'd successfully gone OS. If I could get over this mental block, my chances would go from 2% to over 70%!!!

I can remember going home, wailing and sobbing uncontrollably on my bed, mourning the loss of my children... I even cried out loud for someone/anyone to please help me. The fear of growing old and being left on my own without anybody to love or care about me was just too much (DH is a fair bit older than me). I started looking into donor eggs. The babies may not be genetically our DNA, but they are now saying we ARE their 'biological mothers' as the baby is made from our body. And it is amazing what things are imprinted on a child by it's environment. I used to breed horses... and I know from that, the recipient ET mare can influence the resulting markings on a foal... interesting huh??

Along the way, I came across this interesting article... it said using donor eggs is a bit like making a cake. Just say you are making a cake and you run out of eggs (or yours aren't any good), and you ask your neighbor for some. So you go away and make your cake... Would you wonder who's cake it is? (Would anyone wonder??) No. Course not! It's your cake, you made it. Just because you had to borrow some eggs, doesn't mean it's not really your cake...

DH thought it was weird how I suddenly accepted the idea of using donor eggs and became quite opposed to it. So the next hurdle was convincing him. At least he CAN say the baby IS genetically his!!! He is so lucky.

Anyway... I'm sure others on this thread will agree YOU ARE NOT CRAZY. If you give it a go, at least you won't die wondering or have any regrets.

BTW have you done any tests, etc to rule out any possible causes on your side of things? The clinic I went to asked for a number of blood tests, scan, swab tests to be done, plus I specially asked my Oz FS for a NKC test (natural killer cells), hysto and laparoscopy. On top of that we had DH tested out fairly thoroughly as mentioned previously. And of course we did PGS, 5 day transfer, and assisted hatching. If you want to save yourself some time/money/grief, I would recommend that you try to rule out as many things as you can and give yourself the best chance of success.

One thing we all agree on this thread is... you will get a much better chance of success in GREECE!!
    Last edited by CherryCP; 26-04-2016 at 20:51.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (26-04-2016),piratehamster88  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @gorgeousgeorge :-) Welcome! @CherryCP is a wise owl, I second everything she said! DE is not a sure thing so be wary of anyone who makes it seem too easy- although God knows it's easier than OE!! The clinics used on this thread, Iakentro, Serum, and Embryoland all have some great stories, you'll find each has their own style so do your research and pick the one that you feel is most thorough for you and your personal IVF history, and which resonates with the type of relationship you need with your clinic at this point.

In answer to your question, I found the decision to move to DE after 6 failed OE cycles, was easy. Letting go of having an OE baby was hard, really hard, but the decision to do whatever it took to have our family was easy - sounds weird I know. But it's been SO worth it. My DS resulted from my first cycle at Serum and he is just heaven :-). Can't wait for my scan in three weeks to see how many siblings (from the same donor) this BFP will give him ...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (26-04-2016),piratehamster88  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bfo

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMM View Post
    Should have said BFP!
    haha was going to ask what BFO was

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello great post, im the same just contemplating embryoland or using ruth at ivf abroad. so confused
    It will also be interesting to know what people did when they had a failed cycle. Does anyone know if there are more pro's using a fresh cycle or frozen? IVF abroad want to do freeze and pack type scenario where I dont have go over according to my cycles dates and the embryo's will be there waiting for e when I arrive so I only have to really spend 2 nights there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lissimmo For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow congrats Cherry, what date did you have your transfer? was it 21/4?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lissimmo For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Vixj was this through Dr Nikos?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lissimmo For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @lissimmo! I agree with what they are telling you re frozen transfer. The tech has improved so much OS they can now offer you more chance of success with a FET at that clinic. I know that sounds hard to believe but with frozen they just keep trying until they get the best possible quality and quantity of embryos for you. Then you go over when it suits you. If you are doing double donor then you are an ideal candidate.

Only reason I didn't do it that way was they didn't have DHs sperm sample!!! (They do now ) I'm sure i read all about it on the Iakentro web site somewhere. If/when I find it, I'll PM you.
    Last edited by CherryCP; 26-04-2016 at 23:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lissimmo View Post
    Wow congrats Cherry, what date did you have your transfer? was it 21/4?
    Thanks @lissimmo! My transfer was 18th April. POAS 24th April was BFP. I've tested every day and the line is getting darker. Blood test for HCG tomorrow!

Never thought I'd ever say the words... 'I am pregnant'.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (27-04-2016),lissimmo  (26-04-2016),piratehamster88  (27-04-2016)