Closed Thread
Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Vixjc @CherryCP congratulations to you both on your positives. it's wonderful news.
    Yes very sneaky but delighted for you. You are always so positive, supporting others and providing information when you can. It's been appreciated and its great to see the positive go your way. All the best for a safe healthy and happy pregnancy.
    Last edited by jaydee32; 25-04-2016 at 14:46.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (25-04-2016),Kitkats  (25-04-2016),Vixjc  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Congratulations

@Vixjc @CherryCP congratulations awesome news happy for you both deserve it ..... my trip getting closer so excited. ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chanel78 For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (25-04-2016),Vixjc  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brilliant news ladies and sneaky (love it)
    Safe and easy health to you both x

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (26-04-2016),Vixjc  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Hurrah! Didn't I say it 😊😊😊. I felt in my waters luv! Which is saying something I reckon cos I snuck over a few weeks ago for 2 nights to receive a fresh transfer and just got my BFP too 😊😊😊. May we both have uneventful successful pregnancies from here xxx
    Wow congratulations Cherry and Vixs!!! So happy to hear your good news! Wishing you both very healthy and happy pregnancies.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (26-04-2016),Vixjc  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Vixjc and CherryCP, I am so happy for the both of you. We are heading over in 19 days. Both you ladies are giving me a lot of hope with your BFP.

Im excited, nervous and scared...lol. We had 2 unsuccessful DE transfers here in Australia, so I am hoping it will be 3rd time lucky for us with a double transfer and with Dr. Nikos, he is so lovely.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated. I feel like time is running out for me I'm 46 and will be 47 in July (oh god I'm getting old..lol) really want our miracle baby to be this transfer.

Sharon xx

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SharonG For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (26-04-2016),jaydee32  (26-04-2016),kategc  (26-04-2016),lissimmo  (26-04-2016),Vixjc  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonG View Post
    Congratulations Vixjc and CherryCP, I am so happy for the both of you. We are heading over in 19 days. Both you ladies are giving me a lot of hope with your BFP.

Im excited, nervous and scared...lol. We had 2 unsuccessful DE transfers here in Australia, so I am hoping it will be 3rd time lucky for us with a double transfer and with Dr. Nikos, he is so lovely.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated. I feel like time is running out for me I'm 46 and will be 47 in July (oh god I'm getting old..lol) really want our miracle baby to be this transfer.

Sharon xx

Woohoo super excited for you Sharon.
    All the best with your plans over next couple of weeks.
    Only advice I can give you is enjoy and relax yourselves Greece is one beautiful and special place. The experience for you both is something you will treasure forever.
    Look forward to hearing updates
    Xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

SharonG  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonG View Post

Sharon xx

I Sharon. I'm 47 and just got a BFO from a double transfer in early April with Dr K. You're never too old!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Should have said BFP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies.

We have just booked our trip.
    We decided to make holiday of it like we did in October. So we head off on June 28th spend 3 nights in Dubai, 1 night in Rome then boarding a cruise through Italy turkey and Greek islands for 7 nights. Arriving in Athens on 9th July for my transfer and back home on 12th. Super excited to be heading back to Athens and seeing the wonderful Dr Nikos. #3rdtimelucky
    💞

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (26-04-2016),CherryCP  (26-04-2016),jaydee32  (26-04-2016),Positano1  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @SharonG!

We are the same age... so don't worry! You've still got a few years up your sleeve!! and being older will make you a better mum than a young un.

On a different topic... One thing I've been meaning to mention on this thread is the increased chances of success with PGS. The tech seems to be more advanced in Greece. The embies are tested at 3 days and you get results back prior to the 5 day transfer.

The interesting thing is you may have perfect looking 4AA embies at day 5, but if there are any chromosomal issues, the embies will likely die and not implant. This was the case for us. 7 perfect 4AA 5 day blasts but only 4 'good' ones. We could have taken pot luck and transfered 2 non tested ones... but what if they had been 2 of the 'bad' ones?? I would have got a BFN and would potentially have been blaming myself.

Our nurse informed us a week prior to heading to Greece that another couple just had 6 perfect looking embies that all tested 'bad'. This was after a series of ivf dissapointments. Their trip to Greece has at least now provided answers and directions for their next steps.

In Oz, DH had a number of tests that all came up fine. The sperm looked ok, concentration ok and morphology was great. But his previous partner had 4 miscarriages and 2 live births. He then had a FISH test with most parameters ok, but one area indicated there 'may' be issues. Based on that result our Greek clinic recommended PGS.

I recently read a stat that said male issues could be contributing to 30% of unsuccessful ivf attempts. Up till recently it has been difficult to determine this cause.

PGS of 7 embies cost us an extra 2500 euros. But that cost is not great compared to another trip to Greece. Especially at my age I wanted to do everything in my power to get a success the first time.

It's very early days for me yet... and I hope I don't upset anyone, but just thought I'd share this info as it may help others - especially those who've made repeat attempts. It is likely not anything you are doing wrong.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (26-04-2016),lissimmo  (26-04-2016),Positano1  (27-04-2016)