Closed Thread
Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkats View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words ladies. @stacey10 I had clexane for NK cells. 40mg per day. My belly still has all the needle marks.
    So excited for you Cherry. Sounds very promising.
    As for us. Its funny how you can be so devestated one day and then strong enough to think lodgically the next because you just have to. Still devestated but i need to think of the next step. I am on long service leave from my job and won't be able to get time off until Xmas. Soooo after speaking with Penny she wanted me to make the most of my hysteroscopy and go again straight away. Im back at work in a month so it will work out. Just going to be draining mentally for me. Just waiting on my period now.
    Oh kitkats, a bfn after an int'l trip for DE is just awful. Worse than a bfn at home I reckon. But I'm so glad to see you've got your plans for the next try, it really is a numbers game, you'll get there luv - hugs xxx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Kitkats  (23-04-2016),lissimmo  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @lissimmo

The clinic i went through did the entire payment online before I left oz. I was able to transfer funds online via my bank account, using an 'international funds transfer). It was ezy peezy.

Other clinics on this thread do their payments in person in either cash, or cash + card (depending on clinic). The payment amount is sometimes broken up into the donor's amount and the clinic's fee.

Actually while DH and I were sitting outside the ivf coordinators' offices at my clinic we overheard a conversation saying the donors portion was 2200 euros. We were happy to hear that as we thought that was a pretty good amount. What they provide is so precious. (This amount may vary at each clinic).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are back in oz! Got to the hotel in Brisvegas around 1am.

I have been sick with a sore throat/cough since Friday last week. It came on strong as soon as i started taking prednisolone as it basically switches off the immune system. I have been coughing my guts out day and night ever since... Hope these embies have their seat belts on!!! I will find out soon...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @stacey10

Clexane serves a number of purposes as you mentioned (blood thinner) plus oz doctors use it to dull the immune system. If you google 'bondi protocol clexane' you will find more info about it.

I was prescribed 40mg in 0.4ml syringes. In oz it comes in two boxes with a total of 20 syringes for $37.70.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

stacey10  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkats View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words ladies. @stacey10 I had clexane for NK cells. 40mg per day. My belly still has all the needle marks.
    So excited for you Cherry. Sounds very promising.
    As for us. Its funny how you can be so devestated one day and then strong enough to think lodgically the next because you just have to. Still devestated but i need to think of the next step. I am on long service leave from my job and won't be able to get time off until Xmas. Soooo after speaking with Penny she wanted me to make the most of my hysteroscopy and go again straight away. Im back at work in a month so it will work out. Just going to be draining mentally for me. Just waiting on my period now.
    So are you going to stay in Greece longer? or are you back home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im home. Enjoying the break. Will head back un a few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    A couple of questions for any of you experienced Dr Nikos patients. He told us to allow 10 days in Athens for our cycle - we're aiming for July. Luckily I have a regular cycle - even though I'm an old duck (44), so am able to predict to within a couple of days where I'll be at in July. Does 10 days sound right to you? I know some of you have only spent around 5 days in Athens, so I'm assuming it's to ensure a proper match up of cycle with the donor.
    We've probably jumped the gun a bit, but have booked our flights already - having a couple of days in Rome before heading to Athens, then 5 days after transfer we're heading to Mykonos and San Torini for some R&R before heading back home (we're in Cairns). All up we've got close to 3 weeks in the area, so I'm hoping that we've given ourselves enough leeway to cover any contingency.
    Also - a query on cost - the ballpark we were given was a bit wide and I'm a bit confused as to whether he was talking in Euros or AUD. If it's not a rude question, can someone tell me what their all up cost was?
    Best of luck to all of you in the 2ww, and thanks in advance
    AngelD

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @AngelD!

I am with another clinic but i was told the same thing - allow 10 days for a fresh embryo transfer. We were in Greece for 11 days. Flights to/from Greece were extra days.

This proved to be sound advice as we had a hiccup with the first donor and needed the extra time. We also travelled a bit during our stay, so i ensured that any bookings (flights/accom) i made 'in between' the 11 days were able to be cancelled or modified without penalty. This gave us total leeway as the transfer was our main priority.

Between now and then, you may be put on bcp or other medication to align you with the donor so the regularity of your cycle is not a big concern.

Trust whatever your doctor/clinic is telling you.

Hope this helps.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (24-04-2016),lissimmo  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi you need to be a bit flexible because its the donor dates you need to match. You will go on the pill and stop the same day as the donor. Should be around the same time but not guaranteed. All the best.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelD View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    A couple of questions for any of you experienced Dr Nikos patients. He told us to allow 10 days in Athens for our cycle - we're aiming for July. Luckily I have a regular cycle - even though I'm an old duck (44), so am able to predict to within a couple of days where I'll be at in July. Does 10 days sound right to you? I know some of you have only spent around 5 days in Athens, so I'm assuming it's to ensure a proper match up of cycle with the donor.
    We've probably jumped the gun a bit, but have booked our flights already - having a couple of days in Rome before heading to Athens, then 5 days after transfer we're heading to Mykonos and San Torini for some R&R before heading back home (we're in Cairns). All up we've got close to 3 weeks in the area, so I'm hoping that we've given ourselves enough leeway to cover any contingency.
    Also - a query on cost - the ballpark we were given was a bit wide and I'm a bit confused as to whether he was talking in Euros or AUD. If it's not a rude question, can someone tell me what their all up cost was?
    Best of luck to all of you in the 2ww, and thanks in advance
    AngelD
    Hi AngelD

The reason some of us only go for a few days is we have embryos in the freezer so we don't need to be there as long. As the other ladies have mentioned 10 days just a precaution.
    Our cycles were around 6500euros, that included everything and extra to freeze spares. Price will be given to you in euros.

What dates in July are you heading over? We will be 9th for a few days.
    All the best with your planning. X

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (24-04-2016)