Closed Thread
Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    is it safe to carry cash? what about the cash shortage in greece though i heard about the atm's being cashless

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LISSImo, my partner is Greek and we have family over in both Athens and the islands. It's safe to carry cash, like any other larger city you have to be aware of your surroundings. I've never felt anything but safe when I've been. Also, with regards to the ATM, we never had issues with taking out money and I've been told by family that things are back to "normal" somewhat and as a tourist you're able to take money out, no issue.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AussieAmerican For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This will be our sixth year in a row to Greece. No issues with ATMs, having cash on you or most merchants accepting cards. There is no cash shortage or limits for tourists whatsoever. Markets etc of course have cash with you.

5 weeks till we leave. Getting excited! We have been asked to bring 2k in cash and then rest on card. I've never had issues with any credit card in Greece at ATMs though the commbank travel money card can be a pain (only certain machines take it).

For those that haven't been it is a safe city (just be aware as you would anywhere else in the world). Oh and Uber has more drivers there now too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ultrasound this morning. Lining excellent and def a gestational sac in there. No other worries thank goodness. Dr K suggested changing from Vasclor gel to Oripro pessaries. See if I have less pain with them.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnnaMM For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (21-04-2016),kategc  (21-04-2016),kcraig  (24-04-2016),lissimmo  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=lissimmo;8458566]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicat77 View Post
    Hi Girls,
    For those that have been to Greece, successful and unsuccessful, I'm wondering how many embryo's you transferred back and how many babies did you end up with? Also what has Dr Nikos recommended for everyone?
    I'm single and not sure whether to transfer 1 or 2 embryo's. My FS is melb would only ever transfer 1 but I know o/s they like to do more. I want to maximize my chance of it working but not sure how I would go with twins?
    Ali[/QUOTE
    Hi Ali
    I am also in Melbourne, which clinic in Melbs did you use oh and I am also single x
    Hi Ali
    We visited Embryoland earlier this year. We decided to transfer two embryos to give us a better chance of success. Like you I was nervous about twins. When I talked to Dr Nikos about this he explained there is only a 1 in 5 chance of both embryos taking. 15 weeks later I'm now pregnant with one baby thanks to dr Nikos. Obviously there is no guarantees of what will happen though. I suggest you talk to Dr Nikos if you have any concerns and he will be able to help you through it. All the best for this exciting time ahead.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashwa For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (21-04-2016),jaydee32  (21-04-2016),lissimmo  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Today is our last day in Greece.

The weather has been HOT in Athens. I think yesterday the temp was in the 30's. We were a bit uncomfortable and sweaty looking at sites while on the hop on hop off city sites bus tour. The locals reckon it is going to be a hot and dry summer this year. So be prepared for even hotter weather!!!

As for safety/money, etc my much travelled friends (who haven't been to Greece!) warned me before i left oz, about pick pockets, etc and insisted i borrow their money belts, theft deterent hand bag, etc. Well it seems that was all totally unnecessary.... i don't feel any concerns about my safety or theft, etc. I mean if you really want to look for trouble I'm sure you'll find it somewhere! But i haven't come across anything.

There is no issue getting money out of ATMs. Or you can bring AUD and go to a money exchange around town- there are several. As today is our last day, we've been trying to use up our euros, and just have enough spare for the taxi and some minor expenses. So i had to use the credit card a couple of times yesterday and there were no problems at all. Some smaller shops may ask for cash but most bigger stores, restaurants, pharmacies, etc in the city have credit card facilities.

I really think the world is a much safer place than the media would lead us to believe.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (21-04-2016),kategc  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I think it would be remiss of me to leave Greece before updating you on how we went on transfer day. It has been pretty hectic since then.... so haven't had a chance.

Basically we had 12 eggs donated. 10 fertilised of which 7 were good enough to warrant PGS. Of the 7, 4 were chromosomally normal.

Then the big decision... it really hit me for a 6!!! ...we had to decide on transferring one or two embies??? Huh? I thought all along it would be two... but because the embies were such good quality and were PGSd the clinic said there was no need to transfer two, plus the risk of twins would be much higher. However the decision was left to us.

It was the hardest decision of my life... but we had only half an hour to deciide as the remaining embies had to be frozen asap! After much discussion of the pros and cons... a decision had to be made. We decided to go with two embies. I don't really want twins... but the thought of going to all this effort... transferring one embie and not getting the desired result was too much to bear. I don't want to die wondering if we'd transferred 2... plus DH said 'let's go for broke'...

Now you won't believe this... but DH had to watch ANOTHER video in the boys room. This was the 3rd episode... so you could say this trip has been quite eventful for him. The first batch was discarded due to the donor setback. The 2nd batch was used to create our embies. But because they implemented every conceivable technology on his sample (MACS, PICSI, ICSI, etc), they had none left to freeze! So the 3rd batch was put in ice. Can't say its not fresh!

The transfer itself went smoothly. I've never done one before. I basically had to strip off below the waist, put on a discardable gown and slippers and sit on a slanty bed/chair type setup with leg supports. The embryologist came in and spoke to us about the embies. They also did assisted hatching for no extra cost. He gave us pics of the two embies to transfer. The other two were frozen in single batches.

During the transfer, a nurse, doctor, ivf coordinator and embryologist were present. It was very quick and easy. No pain or discomfort at all. They showed me an ultrasound image of the transfer. Then i was asked to lie there for half an hour. If i wanted to pee, they had some type of setup which enabled you to pee while you were lying on the bed as they didn't want me to move. I didn't resort to that... but it sounded like a good idea!

And that was it... the culmination of years of preparation... Hopefully some good news in coming weeks...

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (21-04-2016),jaydee32  (21-04-2016),Juventina  (21-04-2016),kategc  (21-04-2016),Laiylabelle  (22-04-2016),lissimmo  (22-04-2016),piratehamster88  (21-04-2016),Vixjc  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a BFN for me. Not even sure what to do now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkats View Post
    So sorry to hear Kitkats, take time to grief and look after yourself. Sending big hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkats View Post
    So sorry