Closed Thread
Page 39 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cherry
    Where are you based originally?
    I am aware that using donor eggs is not a guarantee, Im in another group and I would say half the woman on there have had unsuccesful donor cycles:-(
    Even one of my best friends has had two failed attempts. To be honest I am not that fussed about contact with the donor, to me all that is important is to get pregnant how and why I get there doesn't matter to me as long as I get there.
    Sorry but I didn't understand where you wrote this;
    Plus I am in the over 40s bracket and am running out of time! 2% (higher with non-anonymous donor) compared to over 70% (+ anonymous donor)... ummm... what will i do? let me think about it for a millisecond... yep, I'll put my money on Greece.
    Are you able to explain, sorry if that comes across as dumb.
    I would love for you to put me in touch with the ivf abroad rep.
    You are with Embryoland arent you?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default No of embryo's

Hi Girls,
    For those that have been to Greece, successful and unsuccessful, I'm wondering how many embryo's you transferred back and how many babies did you end up with? Also what has Dr Nikos recommended for everyone?
    I'm single and not sure whether to transfer 1 or 2 embryo's. My FS is melb would only ever transfer 1 but I know o/s they like to do more. I want to maximize my chance of it working but not sure how I would go with twins?
    Ali

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alicat77 For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kategc View Post
    Congrats, from what I understand its completely normal esp w donor eggs too. It's from them implanting deeper and uterus expanding and making room. X
    Thx. Spoke to Dr K today and he suggested another blood test and a scan on Thursday. I did another HPT today and the line is now coming up faster and darker than the test line😄😄

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnnaMM For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (18-04-2016),kategc  (18-04-2016),lissimmo  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicat77 View Post
    Hi Girls,
    For those that have been to Greece, successful and unsuccessful, I'm wondering how many embryo's you transferred back and how many babies did you end up with? Also what has Dr Nikos recommended for everyone?
    I'm single and not sure whether to transfer 1 or 2 embryo's. My FS is melb would only ever transfer 1 but I know o/s they like to do more. I want to maximize my chance of it working but not sure how I would go with twins?
    Ali
    Hi Alicat. I had 2 transferred. I am 47 so this really was my last shot. Lucky I got a BFP!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AnnaMM For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got it ill text you and we can catch up for sure in Athens!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AussieAmerican For This Useful Post:

kategc  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lissimmo, I'm with Dr Kanakas at embryoland. I randomly found him online and emailed him, he contacted me within 5 minutes and we were skyping that evening. I've had several cycles in Melbourne and the several of care was average at best. I feel very comfortable with Dr Kanakas and he has always made himself available when I've had any questions. I spoke with 2 other woman that have been to embryoland and that really put me at ease.
    If you want any other information please feel free to PM me . If you ever would want to catch up for a coffee to visit let me know. I've found the journey to be much easier with other ladies to talk with. Take care

Carrie

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AussieAmerican For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hooray AnnaMM, a huge congrats!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AussieAmerican For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @lissimmo (in response to your questions)

I am in the over 40s bracket... actually closer to 50. The max age for ivf overseas is 53 in Albania (and possibly some other countries may offer up to this age range). So I don't have much time left to sit around wondering what to do. I feel I've 'wasted' the past 9 years already. The despondency i feel every day is not good. I need a baby in my arms.

My chances with OE (own eggs) is 2%. If I had a donor, then that % obviously increases. I don't want to know the donor so that rules out OZ. I've looked at several countries, what they offer, what the general population looks like (will they have a donor that resembles my features, ie no use going to Thailand if I don't look Asian), how much they charge, what technology they have, etc, etc. That led me to Greece. Now I have over 70% chance. Does that explain it better?

I am originally from Mackay area.

I am with Iakentro.

I would strongly suggest that you Google each clinic and read the entire threads from page one on Bubhub and Fertility Friends. Set aside a weekend to do it as there is a wealth of info in those threads!!! The questions and comments you have made are asked and answered repeatedly by many other women in our situation. After reading all of this info, I was informed and able to decide.
    Last edited by CherryCP; 18-04-2016 at 21:13.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (18-04-2016),AussieAmerican  (18-04-2016),kategc  (19-04-2016),piratehamster88  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Alicat77

I just had a transfer in Greece today!!!

If you only want one embie transferred then tell them that's what you want.

Usually they transfer two as research shows that gives you a higher chance of success to have at least one child.

As my embies were PGS'd we had the option of transferring one or two.

In rare situations you may be permitted to transfer 3 embies but that is probably not relevant for you?

Hope this helps.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all,

Wanted to join in on this thread, as I've just had my first Skype conversation with Dr Nikos at Embryoland! What a lovely man he is

I've been doing a lot of reading in the last little while, and have to say that the comments and positive vibes from this thread in particular led us to "bite the bullet" and send our email to Dr Nikos on Saturday night. He is so obviously passionate in what he does - we had an email waiting for us on Sunday morning, with a followup on Sunday evening, and now a Skype call!

We had a complete disaster of an IVF cycle last month - I'm 44 (DP 45) but in spite of that we got 9 eggs (I know!!), six fertilised, however despite a great start, my egg quality got the better of all of them, so we ended up with nothing to transfer . Our FS (Wazza at QFG) mentioned Donor Eggs once again, and this time we listened. A lot of you seem to feel the same way I do about the situation in Aus - just don't want to beg someone for an egg - so its overseas for us

Dr Nikos was so excited to tell us that he had 5 ladies from Australia in Athens waiting for transfers, with 3 others on their way home today after theirs!! For those on this forum, can I say good luck .

Sorry for the long post - I hope to be able to come back again with some good news come July!!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (19-04-2016),Jamellabeth  (19-04-2016),kategc  (19-04-2016)