Closed Thread
Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kate
    There was no malice in my post at all and I am very aware of the donor process as I am a regular attendee at meetups for EDA.
    Seeing that Positano is pregnant I didn't think my question was at all hurtful and forums are about asking questions from experienced people. Right now i am tossing up my best options local or greece so I thought it was very valid question.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissimmo asking someone why they have been to Greece 3 times is like asking you why did you do IVF so many times, because it didn't succeed. After doing IVF over 10 times, when I went to Greece I was prepared to go again if it didnt work, since I didn't believe I was lucky enough to get pregnant first try. I was lucky and blessed. It doesnt happen to everyone straight away, but if you are like me and never give up, anything can happen.

Not necessarily, after reading many posts on the EDA page a lot of woman who used donor's and didn't succeed had issue's i.e. fibroids etc or NK cells that weren't detected prior to the transfer. It also depends on your Dr too I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am officially 5 weeks pregnant today. I have had cramping all day, every day since transfer. There's no blood at all and I have read this can be normal but just wondering if anyone else experienced this?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnnaMM For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (18-04-2016),jaydee32  (18-04-2016),kategc  (18-04-2016),lissimmo  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @lissimmo

Even if you are the perfect recipient the data indicates you have around 70% chance of success in Greece. Yes there are a lot of factors involved in getting a BFP. Some remain a mystery to medical science to this day.

I guess what we are all trying to say on this thread is that if you go to one of the reputable clinics in Greece that we have mentioned, you will get individualised care and attention, better facilities, technology and a much better chance of success than what seems to be provided in Oz. Another major factor is you will get an anonymous donor if that is important to you.

Greece is not a 'silver bullet'. Like many things in life, there are no guarantees. Some of us have been to Greece multiple times. By going to Greece some of us have found out about problems we have that were overlooked in Australias 'one size fits all', factory process.

You need to weigh it all up and then make a decision that is right for you. I really don't want to push my clinic, but if you want another opinion, I can PM you the contact details of an ivf abroad rep that deals with many ivf patients and OS clinics. It won't cost you a cent to have a Skype chat. It may help you resolve some queries you have.

With me, my Oz FS said I had about 2% chance of getting pregnant with OE. I have done numerous tests including NKC (no probs), AMH (too low - 1), laparoscopy (mild endo), hysteroscopy (pollup removed, small cyst). DHs previous partner had a few miscarriages and a FISH test indicated potential issues with sperm. Apart from that I've got the all clear. I would prefer an anonymous donor. Plus I am in the over 40s bracket and am running out of time!

I have a 2% chance if i use my own eggs. I have an increased % chance if i use a non-anonymous donor in OZ (but that is not what I want). Or....... over 70% chance with an anonymous donor in Greece... ummm... what will i do? let me think about it for a millisecond... yep, I'll put my money on Greece. (Actually on the site i posted to you recently they say 75%).

Everyones situation is different. Keep the questions coming. Hope we can help you achieve your dreams.

I just love the help and support I have been given on this forum. I don't know whether I would have gotten this far without it.
    Last edited by CherryCP; 18-04-2016 at 21:50.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

AussieAmerican  (18-04-2016),jaydee32  (18-04-2016),Laiylabelle  (18-04-2016),piratehamster88  (18-04-2016),Vixjc  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieAmerican View Post
    Hi ladies, I'm jumping in, better late than never. My DH and finally decided that we will be seeing Dr K at Embryoland in July, if anyone is going to be in Athens from around July 7th-14th let me know and I would love to catch up. I've only gone through 4
    OE cycles, so not many compared to a lot of women, but after only making it to transfer once and all my embryos arresting after day 3 I thought it was time. Of course my Melbourne FS told us to keep going with my eggs, due to my age, 34. She said we would eventually fall pregnant, but the emotional and financial toll was becoming such a struggle. After 3 miscarriages from 8-16 weeks we've decided to do PGD testing even though Dr K said it wasn't necessary, I just want to do everything in my power to avoid another miscarriage. I've stalked this page and have followed everyone's journey, so inspiring, it honestly puts my mind at ease.

Have any of you ladies had issues with lining?

Thanks in advance,
    carrie
    Hi AussieAmerican.

We will also be in Athens in July, dates be around 8th. We will be only there for a couple of days as we have embryos already in freezer ready to go.
    But love to catch up.
    Where will you be staying? We will just stay at president hotel seeing it's only a few days.
    Never had any dramas w lining but Dr Nikos will sort that out for you if you have issues w it. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMM View Post
    I am officially 5 weeks pregnant today. I have had cramping all day, every day since transfer. There's no blood at all and I have read this can be normal but just wondering if anyone else experienced this?
    Congrats, from what I understand its completely normal esp w donor eggs too. It's from them implanting deeper and uterus expanding and making room. X

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (18-04-2016),lissimmo  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks vixjc, , you're right it's going to be HOT! My DH is Greek so we were in Athens and Zante 2 years ago, the heat is something crazy. I'm from the US, near Chicago so I'm not used to the heat, especially when it's in the 40s.

It's really assuring that your lining cooperated. I'm a little nervous about it but I feel like all of us ladies are in grea hands with the clinics we've chosen.

Xo

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AussieAmerican For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kategc, thanks for the reply. My husband is Greek and has family in Athens and Zante so we are so fortunate that we don't have to pay accomodation,'we will be a few
    Kilometres away from Embryoland.

Where are you based? I'm in Melbourne. I'll try to figure out how to PM on here and we can exchange details if you want. It would be nice to catch up in Greece for a souvlaki and whatever yummy deliciousness Athens has for us.

All the best! If you don't mind me asking how many embryos did you have make it to freeze? I'm very hopeful that we have a few to freeze after this cycle

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AussieAmerican For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (18-04-2016),kategc  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieAmerican View Post
    Hi Kategc, thanks for the reply. My husband is Greek and has family in Athens and Zante so we are so fortunate that we don't have to pay accomodation,'we will be a few
    Kilometres away from Embryoland.

Where are you based? I'm in Melbourne. I'll try to figure out how to PM on here and we can exchange details if you want. It would be nice to catch up in Greece for a souvlaki and whatever yummy deliciousness Athens has for us.

All the best! If you don't mind me asking how many embryos did you have make it to freeze? I'm very hopeful that we have a few to freeze after this cycle
    Sent you a pm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello
    I am also in Melbourne but haven't taken the big step yet.
    Which clinic are you using?
    Very exciting for you fingers crossed.
    Lisa