Closed Thread
Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    Just got news... 7 eggs have fertilised!!! At day 3 we do PGD. Fingers crossed!!
    Go you good thing!! Crossing everything that's crossable!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lissimmo View Post
    sorry this message was for KCRAIG
    It was my first trip and DE used my husbands sperm however none to freeze.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkats View Post
    Thank @vixjc that will be it. I have the last one as soon as I get home. Let the waiting begin 😄
    Good luck with those 2ww crazies! May it pass quickly and successfully!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Kitkats  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good evening ..

Long read ahead, its been a while since I've posted. I'm getting more sleep, so I'm not so tired anymore.

So I've read through a few pages and it seems that some celebrations in order !!

CONGRATULATIONS to all the pregnant women who have returned from GREECE..OPA!!! The Greek Goddesses and Gods worked in your favour !!! Plus if you used my Doctor, my Taxi driver you were also blessed with luck !!!! xxx

kcraig OMG I cant believe you are 31 w !! have you found out the sex? How time has flown...you must be so excited !! Hope you have an easy birth and dont struggle with name choices, I did..hah

Good luck Cherry !! and annaMM congrats also !!..you would both be doing the happy dance!! I was the happiest women in the world after my BFP blood test...the pee test just teased me, the real deal is getting that HCG number.>>...

Vixjc, you're always on here so I'm wondering are you going back to Greece? Are you going back to serum, or would you try Embryoland? Are you going for more? Would you use same donor or different? I'd like to try again, maybe next year, I just want the same sperm donor, I dont care who's egg it is..as long as the baby looks like my son I'm happy...Id like to go there earlier if I find a rich husband, or maybe if I win the lotto? For the new people, yes I'm single.

@lissimmo welcome to the group, you asked a few questions and I hope I can answer them for you. You are saying that Dr Kanakas from Embryoland was desperate for customers? What gave you that opinion? I think he chooses the clients he wants and fights for them until they succeed. He has a very confident and trusting nature, I used my instincts and my mother gave him the all clear after our skype conversation . My mother is an excellent judge of character. If you doubt Dr Nikos' character, his ability, his medical integrity, don't, he is wonderful. I would give him my kidney if he needed it. Dr Nikos Kanakas from Embryoland gave me a son, A Son, A SON ! a baby !! I My little blessing! Oh and not only is my baby adorable, he looks like me apparently. I was confident that Dr Nikos would choose the right egg donor for me, I left the choice in good hands. He is like an artist with colour, he made the the most beautiful baby boy for me. Well he didnt make it, the embryologists did.

Embryos grew in a petri dish, nobody really talks about or thanks the embryologists. I remember when my embryos were brought to me by a young beautiful woman, I forgot her name. She and her team created my embryos, they checked on them for days.....they are little mothers, those wonderful scientists. I also remember talking to them so much during transfer that Dr Nikos said " its finished " ..and I was like "wow? already???" I didn't feel a thing, he is so gentle.

He does an ultrasound guided transfer, so you have to fill your bladder before, remember, don't drink too much, you can always drink more, but lying on the table busting to pee was not fun !! That was the worst part of my transfer, holding it after transfer, thinking I would pee away my embryos. My mum to this day still says I shouldnt have gotten up so quick, I went to toilet 15min after transfer, I couldnt hold on anymore...but there are varying opinons about procedures after transfer, some say lie down some say it doesnt make a difference??? I prefer to lie down after, I went back to hotel and fell asleep from mental exhaustion for 4 hours, woke up and rang Dr Nikos asking if I could go for a walk. He said of course, and recommended this wonderful restaurant around the corner from his clinic, I had Papoutsakia, stuffed eggplant, delicious!!

People talk about their favourite clinic, but its not about the clinic and their success rate, its about individual people and experienced Doctors and Scientists/Embryologists. I never hear about any other Doctors on this thread? I hear about Penny from Serum, is she the receptionist? There is no best clinic in my eyes in Greece, there is only the best Doctor, and that to me, from personal experience is my favourite IVF Doctor Nikos Kanakas from Embryoland. I will shout it from the mountain top. I text him all the time with questions and he always responds, to this day. He's not about the money, I think he has plenty of it, he doesnt come across as desperate for money. I think he chooses people with a good energy, who he thinks he can help. I have friends I've met through this forum and others, and from my other IVF doctor in Brisbane, all because we have been to Embroyland, and all of the people I know, have had success. So its not so much success rate, but live baby rate. Dr Nikos has a few babies under his belt, "5000+"he said.

Ok well I've said enough, I've had a big day today. My son had his 4 month needles and my heart sank when he cried today. He recovered quickly and I breastfed to comfort him afterwards, there is no better feeling than feeding your child with milk you have created with your own body. After having IVF transfer, c-section, breastfeeding my child feels like the most natural part of being a mother.

Good luck to everyone and bless you all. I'm not really religious, but I truly feel like I'm blessed. Could be the whole Greek thing, the Goddesses and Gods....the ancient land, the energy of that place was magnificent.

I hope you all have the opportunity to rub your beautiful big bellies then hold a healthy, happy baby in your arms, seeing them smile lights up your heart. The feeling of motherhood is magical. I hope you feel that magic.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (15-04-2016),brimrush  (17-04-2016),CherryCP  (14-04-2016),Jamellabeth  (15-04-2016),jaydee32  (15-04-2016),kcraig  (15-04-2016),lissimmo  (19-04-2016),piratehamster88  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Congratulations

Congratulations @AnnaMM so happy for you, i start tearing. .....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chanel78 For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Yasna - we would like a sibling for our son, a 100% sibling just in case the anon ED is something he finds challenging later, we think it might help to have that 100% genetic link, maybe it won't matter, but given our donor creates such beautiful bubbas, we're a bit attached to her :-).

Even if we weren't and decided to use a new donor, I would still use Serum. I have no reason not to, I have the same loyalty to them as you do to Embryoland, they are comparable with success rates and I resonated with Penny better than I did with Dr K, (I know you find that hard to understand but that was the way it worked for me, I'm not trying to upset you or bag Dr K as he is obviously a nice man who does amazing work) that was part of my choice in the beginning and I've been very happy with it.

So lovely to hear all is going well for you and bubs, (those immunisations are hard hey, good thing it's so quick! If you haven't looked into it already you might like to give some thought to the Bexsero immunisation too - my paed really recommended it). Fingers crossed you get the sibling, the lotto win and the fella ;-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Kitkats  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So when do you think you're on going for your next visit to Greece Vixjc?

I would fly tomorrow if I could, take my boy with me and travel a bit.

My pediatrician also recommended the Bexsero immunisation before my boy starts any childcare. Its for Meningicoccal B and recommended for Infants and young children, particularly those aged <24 months. I'm not in a real hurry to immunise him. I will give him the required immunisations, but Bexsero? Hmmmm I'll pass for now, I'll do some more research. Apparently its "clinical effectiveness has not yet been shown." (Dept. of health, 2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Greece

Thanks for all your lovely feedback posts.
    I am so confused now but I am leaning towards Embryoland.
    I know I said he seemed pushy, I did actually feel like that to be honest when we skyped as if he wouldn't take no for an answer but if you all say that's him just pushing for a baby then I take all your words for it.
    I also have a lady who tonight just offered to me and lives in Victoria.
    She is young and has had a child of her own she seems really nice but I know the stats o/s are better than here besides I hate the clinics here esp Monash. I have no internal issue's its just my age, so I would guess that gives a great chance over in Greece than here???
    What are the reasons with such a high success rate that it wouldnt work in Greece?
    I thought about going in June but then the dr said I need to know my period dates? why is this and at what date of your cycle are you meant to do your transfer? do you think I should be on elavit whilst I am deciding will that help with implantation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lissimmo View Post
    Thanks for all your lovely feedback posts.
    I am so confused now but I am leaning towards Embryoland.
    I know I said he seemed pushy, I did actually feel like that to be honest when we skyped as if he wouldn't take no for an answer but if you all say that's him just pushing for a baby then I take all your words for it.
    I also have a lady who tonight just offered to me and lives in Victoria.
    She is young and has had a child of her own she seems really nice but I know the stats o/s are better than here besides I hate the clinics here esp Monash. I have no internal issue's its just my age, so I would guess that gives a great chance over in Greece than here???
    What are the reasons with such a high success rate that it wouldnt work in Greece?
    I thought about going in June but then the dr said I need to know my period dates? why is this and at what date of your cycle are you meant to do your transfer? do you think I should be on elavit whilst I am deciding will that help with implantation?
    Dr K only transfers blastocysts. The clinic I went to here in Melbourne took all my money and only tried transferring 3 cell and 4 cell embryos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same here @AnnaMM. So called 3 day transfers with a few cells. Very disappointed in my melbourne clinic. The Greek clinics that i have read about all do blast transfers. At least we know it's our best chance.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitkats For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (16-04-2016)