Closed Thread
Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @lissimmo
    Hi, just to reassure you a little. I used Embryoland (Dr Nikos) and it is far from anything i experienced in Aus! He is a genuinely lovely guy - the whole team at the clinic are fab and you will be in good hands. I was also a little skeptical to begin with as it's such a long way to go and unfamiliar territory. We used donor eggs and DH's sperm and as i am writing this i can feel my bub wriggling in my belly 😊. 26 weeks pregnant tomorrow! Have a chat with him and take it from there, he will guide you through the process. Good luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Laiylabelle For This Useful Post:

kategc  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fears

Quote Originally Posted by Laiylabelle View Post
    @lissimmo
    Hi, just to reassure you a little. I used Embryoland (Dr Nikos) and it is far from anything i experienced in Aus! He is a genuinely lovely guy - the whole team at the clinic are fab and you will be in good hands. I was also a little skeptical to begin with as it's such a long way to go and unfamiliar territory. We used donor eggs and DH's sperm and as i am writing this i can feel my bub wriggling in my belly ������. 26 weeks pregnant tomorrow! Have a chat with him and take it from there, he will guide you through the process. Good luck!
    Hello there
    Congrats by the way. Yeah its hard to have trust I think when i first started this journey i was very trusting but after seeing how evasive the FS's are here you lose faith. You are also correct in worrying about the long way to do this. I am on my own too which is scary. I had a skype with him last night. How long did you spend there and did you get pregnant first attempt? how much did you spend in the end? It's really hard for me at the moment to get time off work. I am in a contract role (maternity cover believe that) and not sure if she will extend her leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, yes i agree - at the clinic we used in Melbourne, i felt just like just another case...in and out in 5 mins at the consultations and no personal care. It was completely different in Greece. I had 3 failed cycles in aus and told my eggs (at 33 yrs) were not viable for whatever reason so decided to move onto donor as i had been TTC for 5 yrs and spent thousands already! We went for 2 weeks in total to make a holiday out of it - one week in Athens and a week in Crete. You could go for less time...
    I can't remember the total cost exactly (would have to check with my partner) but i think the clinic fee was around €6000.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laiylabelle For This Useful Post:

kategc  (14-04-2016),lissimmo  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkats View Post
    Thanks ladies. Today was great. Soooo different to Oz. Penny was wonderful and it was the first time i had seen the transfer via ultrasound and got a photo 😄. Out of the 12 eggs we got 9 blasts. Sure beats hoping for 1 or 2 make it to day 3 transfer. 9 blasts at day 5 I'm still shocked. I have 2 AA embryos on board. So happy and hopeful.
    I like how you lay fown for the transfer and they don't even let you get up after the transfer you shuffle over and are wheeled back and then stay there for awhile.

Was funny at reception i got asked by an English girl if I was Vicky from the Fertility Friends forum (which I'm not). Then i meet another Australian girl there. I didnt catch her name but if she's reading a big hello to you. Was nice to feel like I wasnt so far from home. Oh and while I was waiting to be wheeled in the music they were playing was 'Land down under' Australian Crawl. I'll take that as a good sign.

Anyway im spending the afternoon relaxing and I might go through this bag of meds☺. @CherryCP how was your flight. All ok.
    Hi @Kitkats, My flights went ok... very long journey... We left home at 1030 on 9th April and got here about 40 hrs later. Had a few stops in between. My legs were swollen when we arrived. All good now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lissimmo View Post
    I am guessing you got pregnant by him?
    It's hard to trust after going through some oz clinics that didn't give a toss.
    Hi

No I'm not, I have been over twice first time I miscarried very early on and the second no luck. Regardless of my outcome I would never look at going through anyone else and definitely not in Australia. There's just something amazing about Greece the clinic dr Nikos really hard to explain until you experience it yourself, they really care and want to see you have your dream not about the money like here. Greece is like a second home I just love it there.
    I am heading back over in either June/July just working on dates etc at moment.
    Xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Embryoland. All I can say is wow. No comparrison to Australia. The clinic and Dr Nikos Kanakas are awesome. After 6 failed ivf here I took the plundge too. Did exactly what he suggested including removal of my tubes prior. Im now 31 weeks. Gosh feels like yesterday I was there. We treated it like a holiday and decided if this is it we will see what happens. I knew 4 days post transfer I was pregnant. They were going to do blood test but didnt want me to be dissapointed. So I tested everyday when I got home and those lines quickly got darker.
    It does go by who you feel gives you the most comfort. I can not speak more highly of the team in Athens. I wish they had a clinic here.
    Good luck. Its worth the time and experience.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (14-04-2016),kategc  (14-04-2016),lissimmo  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lissimmo View Post
    It's so hard to make a decision, I would like to hear positives and negs for Serum and Embryoland. The thing i liked about Eland was that the FS actually called me directly. Which is great.
    Then CFC in SA, so hard to make a decision I am really confused.
    Hi Lissimmo! Welcome. I am in Greece right now and I'm with Iakentro clinic. Don't want to confuse you further but just another option. They get rave reviews and dedicated threads on other forums (eg. Fertility friends). If you want to know more I'm happy to help in any way.

Re costs... Most clinics are around 5500 euros or around $8200 AUD. That covers donor prep, donor meds, egg retrieval, transfer, etc. You pay for all your medication, tests and preparation in Australia, e.g. visits to your GP or FS, blood tests, scans, scripts, etc. For flights I'd allow around $2400 return (for one person). You will need to add accommodation, meals, taxis, etc. I was told to be here for 10 days but if you are doing double donor or FET that time could be a lot shorter. All up I'd allow around $13000 AUD.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

kategc  (14-04-2016),lissimmo  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got result of blood test. HCG = 103 woo hoo😀😀😀😀😀

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnnaMM For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (14-04-2016),kategc  (14-04-2016),kcraig  (14-04-2016),Positano1  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats AnnaMM! Wishing you some great doubling numbers from here :-)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I just need to work out time off work as I am in a contract (mat leave cover). I would go tomorrow if I could. I do have donor options in Australia its just about making a decision on where to do it, I am so confused.