Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck to all those flying soon!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had our scan today with heartbeat at 162, development of brain, arms and spine. Due date of November 16th. It's weird having done OE IVF and not being successful and then having the donor egg. Whilst everything is going well and is as it should be there is still that small part of me that just takes things day by day. I think also because I don't really have any symptoms (no morning sickness) which I am grateful for. No reason to doubt but it is wonderful that these amazing donors give us this precious opportunity.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (05-04-2016),Chillout71  (05-04-2016),kategc  (05-04-2016),Kitkats  (05-04-2016),piratehamster88  (05-04-2016),Positano1  (05-04-2016),Vixjc  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee32 View Post
    Good luck today @AnnaMM and to @Kitkats @CherryCP who are travelling very soon. Wishing you all the very best.

Wondering how you are going with your morning sickness @Positano1 and your HCG levels and whether its twinnies?

Hope everyone else is well.
    Hi,

thanks for asking. I'm pretty wiped out with tiredness, nausea, bloating etc. But grateful of course and it's nice being reminded everyday of how lucky I am.

still waiting to see how many babies there are. Getting really excited now.

Best st wishes to those about to head off.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (06-04-2016),Vixjc  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jaydee,

how exciting having your scan. I'm assuming this was your first. Did you have two embryos transferred? Do you have bloating or any niggling cramps? I had no morning sickness with my son ten years ago. This pregnancy is quite different so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So excited for you all!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Progynova

Hi ladies! Has anyone experienced really REALLY bad effects from progynova?? I took it before (same dosage) during ivf without any ill effects. I felt great. This time I'm really struggling.

My dosage was gradually increased this time. I started with 2 tabs per day and felt crampy and bloated. Then with 3 tablets i felt really nauseous. Now with 4 tablets I'm crampy/bloated + nauseous + headachey/back ache/shoulder ache. I am not one to complain about a little bit of pain, and realise it is for a good cause... but this is horrid!! I really can't imagine enjoying much of Greece or the first 12 weeks of pregnancy feeling this bad.

The only difference between this DE cycle and previous ivf, is the Zoladex this time. Also no FSH (obviously) and i was advised to not start prednisolone yet.

I've contacted the clinic nurse and was advised to try taking the tablets vaginally and reassess.

@Vixjc - you mentioned taking 8 tablets a day... did you have ill effects?

My scan is tomorrow, so hopefully this has all been working!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    Hi ladies! Has anyone experienced really REALLY bad effects from progynova?? I took it before (same dosage) during ivf without any ill effects. I felt great. This time I'm really struggling.

My dosage was gradually increased this time. I started with 2 tabs per day and felt crampy and bloated. Then with 3 tablets i felt really nauseous. Now with 4 tablets I'm crampy/bloated + nauseous + headachey/back ache/shoulder ache. I am not one to complain about a little bit of pain, and realise it is for a good cause... but this is horrid!! I really can't imagine enjoying much of Greece or the first 12 weeks of pregnancy feeling this bad.

The only difference between this DE cycle and previous ivf, is the Zoladex this time. Also no FSH (obviously) and i was advised to not start prednisolone yet.

I've contacted the clinic nurse and was advised to try taking the tablets vaginally and reassess.

@Vixjc - you mentioned taking 8 tablets a day... did you have ill effects?

My scan is tomorrow, so hopefully this has all been working!
    Actually I've taken 16/day (12 orally and 4 vag), but these days only need 9 - all orally. I got bloating and some nausea, but not the degree you're experiencing. I find that using patches instead of so many tablets means I absorb the oestrogen better and don't need to take us much. If you do the vaginal thing, remember to use a liner (blue knickers otherwise!). I'd ask about patches - and if your lining is going ok, do you even need to increase your doses?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Positano1 Yes our first official scan. We had two transferred but there is just a singleton inside. Yes to bloating and cramps but nothing too bad. Generally feeling ok. Hope the nausea isnt too bad. @CherryCP sorry to hear that you have been feeling unwell. What has your Greek doctor advised? I took patches also but only took three tablets daily. Good luck with your baseline scan today. Not long to go now.

Good luck girls.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thnx @Vixjc. You are always so helpful and comforting. Fortunately i wore black knickers today!!

I seem REALLY sensitive to the meds this time. I have a strong feeling my lining is going to be supa-dupa thick tomorrow morning when i do my scan.

Thnx @jaydee32 and congrats! My clinic wants me to continue the dosage vaginally and then reassess after 24hrs. Not sure if they will change the dosage after the scan... but I'm hoping it won't increase!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (06-04-2016),Vixjc  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all, hope you're all travelling well 😄

You poor thing @CherryCP I'm currently on 6 progynova. 4 oral and 2 vag. A bit bloated but not to bad. I feel for you, it sounds awful. I hope it settles down so you can enjoy the trip a bit.
    So nice to hear @jaydee32. So happy for you.

I'm off tomorrow night Athens bound. Didn't realise I could have so many emotions at once. Looking forward to spending a nice weekend exploring Athens. Might try the hop on hop off bus I think. Booked in for Monday midday for transfer. Bring it all on.

Everyone else cycling and heading off soon wishing you all the baby dust and luck in the work.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitkats For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (06-04-2016)