Closed Thread
Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 1001
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked
    131
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kategc View Post
    Dr Nikos may not want u to go on nasal spray or gonal f.
    Best advice to all you new ladies and ones who are in process of going over. Don't over thinking it, trust dr Nikos, I know it's hard as we all understand way to much from doing so many Ivf cycles already. Once you can let go and leave it in dr Nikos hands you will relax a lot more.
    Best of luck on all your coming trips xx
    Dr N wants me to buy the nasal spray and Gonnol f, he told me on Sunday. Everyone is different so agree with Kate to only follow his instructions.

    I haven't started fertility acupuncture yet...next week is first session.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

    kategc  (31-03-2016)

  3. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked
    101
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kategc View Post
    Dr Nikos may not want u to go on nasal spray or gonal f.
    Best advice to all you new ladies and ones who are in process of going over. Don't over thinking it, trust dr Nikos, I know it's hard as we all understand way to much from doing so many Ivf cycles already. Once you can let go and leave it in dr Nikos hands you will relax a lot more.
    Best of luck on all your coming trips xx
    You couldn't be more right kategc.

    Somehow you you do just need to let go.

    It it all seems so daunting in the beginning and so Unknown, flying to other side of the world to have a baby. But having done it three times I can say it really is easy and Dr K does this in his sleep, literally, so just let him do the thinking.

    Greece is like a second home for me now. I just adore the country and people. I can't wait to take my baby or babies over there one day and tell them how much love went into making them.

    Thanks Yasna for the well wishes. I saw the lovely card you sent Dr K when I was there. Your boy is very sweet. We are definitely incredibly lucky.

    I'm just struggling to get through each day of nausea and exhaustion, but so happy to know I have life/lives growing inside me. I love being pregnant and all the changes that come with it. It's been ten years since I had my son.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

    kategc  (31-03-2016),Yasna  (01-04-2016)

  5. #203
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    191
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    150
    Reviews
    0
    Hi Ladies!

    Only 9 days till departure! Who's counting??

    Just wondering if anyone has ever felt bloated while taking progynova? I feel almost like I've got PMT and my belly is bloated. Oh well, that's just part of the journey I guess.

    Scan next week on Thursday to check lining and determine if changes to protocol required.

    Have booked a lovely apartment near the Acropolis in Athens. Will stay there for 3 nights at the end of our trip.

    Wishing you all well. Just wondering how @justcantstop is going? Hope all is well!

    CherryCP

  6. #204
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked
    61
    Reviews
    0
    Hello All
    I'm with you @CherryCP, I'm now on 4 progynova a day. Soooo bloated now.
    I've got my lining scan tomorrow and I should be on a plane next week. All so fast. We are doing double donor so going on my own. @AussieAmerican how did you go with organising your scan? My FS is on leave this week so they put me on with someone else.
    I'm looking at staying at either Airotel- Stratos Vassilikos or Alexandros. Anyone's opinion for either hotel would be great. They are both pretty close to the clinic.

    Good luck to everyone travelling.😀

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitkats For This Useful Post:

    CherryCP  (31-03-2016)

  8. #205
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,039
    Thanks
    1,362
    Thanked
    2,637
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    Hi Ladies!

    Only 9 days till departure! Who's counting??

    Just wondering if anyone has ever felt bloated while taking progynova? I feel almost like I've got PMT and my belly is bloated. Oh well, that's just part of the journey I guess.

    Scan next week on Thursday to check lining and determine if changes to protocol required.

    Have booked a lovely apartment near the Acropolis in Athens. Will stay there for 3 nights at the end of our trip.

    Wishing you all well. Just wondering how @justcantstop is going? Hope all is well!

    CherryCP
    I love your posts luv! I can FEEL your excitement :-). It's your time, I feel it in my waters!

    I always get bloated - but for me I think it's a bit further in and I suspect it's the progesterone. All for a good cause!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

    CherryCP  (31-03-2016)

  10. #206
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,039
    Thanks
    1,362
    Thanked
    2,637
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkats View Post
    Hello All
    I'm with you @CherryCP, I'm now on 4 progynova a day. Soooo bloated now.
    I've got my lining scan tomorrow and I should be on a plane next week. All so fast. We are doing double donor so going on my own. @AussieAmerican how did you go with organising your scan? My FS is on leave this week so they put me on with someone else.
    I'm looking at staying at either Airotel- Stratos Vassilikos or Alexandros. Anyone's opinion for either hotel would be great. They are both pretty close to the clinic.

    Good luck to everyone travelling.😀
    Oooh! You're nearly there! Sorry you're feeling so bloated too - but at the end of the day we don't really care hey! Just bring home that bubba!

    Don't know those hotels I'm afraid although the names are familiar- I think I've walked past them ... Can't wait to hear how it goes!

  11. #207
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked
    61
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks @Vixjc. You are right there. Not bothered about the side affects. Just want to get there get back pregnant. I'm so excited as its so real now.

  12. #208
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    191
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    150
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks @Vixjc! Love the support!

    I read some interesting advice on another thread. It was about coping with a not so good outcome after treatment, ie BFN. Don't want to sound negative but just wanting to be prepared for all outcomes!

    One piece of advice was: don't tell a lot of people about what you're doing. There are various reasons why which I won't elaborate here. But generally it takes the weight off you - not having to explain 'it didn't work', etc. The only people who know are DH and mum... and you guys!! Everyone else thinks we're going overseas for our wedding anniversary. (It's actually more like a babymoon!!)

    Another suggestion was to plan ahead for what you will do next if it doesn't work this time. I'm already thinking about next available dates that will work in with my job, etc. I also have a horse to train and a farm so there are a couple of specific projects there to keep me going till 'next time'.

    My mum is housesitting for us this trip. So I have promised she can come with me 'next time' as DH won't be required... So mum thinks that's a great idea!

    Anyway, just wanting to share as it may help others.

    CherryCP

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

    piratehamster88  (01-04-2016),Vixjc  (31-03-2016)

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    358
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked
    362
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    Thanks @Vixjc! Love the support!

    I read some interesting advice on another thread. It was about coping with a not so good outcome after treatment, ie BFN. Don't want to sound negative but just wanting to be prepared for all outcomes!

    One piece of advice was: don't tell a lot of people about what you're doing. There are various reasons why which I won't elaborate here. But generally it takes the weight off you - not having to explain 'it didn't work', etc. The only people who know are DH and mum... and you guys!! Everyone else thinks we're going overseas for our wedding anniversary. (It's actually more like a babymoon!!)

    Another suggestion was to plan ahead for what you will do next if it doesn't work this time. I'm already thinking about next available dates that will work in with my job, etc. I also have a horse to train and a farm so there are a couple of specific projects there to keep me going till 'next time'.

    My mum is housesitting for us this trip. So I have promised she can come with me 'next time' as DH won't be required... So mum thinks that's a great idea!

    Anyway, just wanting to share as it may help others.

    CherryCP
    Cherry that is excellent advice. On my first DE cycle lots of people knew and we sort of expected it to just "work", I think. Like some silver bullet after 4 unsuccessful IVF cycles with no transfers due to poor PGD results. Well, it didn't work. It was very tough as, though everyone was so supportive, it felt like everyone was so disappointed and I hated telling everyone it hadn't worked. Felt like a massive failure and letdown. I snuck back just before Xmas and only DP and family knew (and you guys!). It worked, and I am now 17 weeks pregnant with a baby boy. Apart from not risking having to face everyone's disappointment, I can't tell you how special it was to see such shock as well as delight on everyone's faces when we told them I was 14 weeks pregnant and they had no idea!! Made it really even more special. I would recommend it xx

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

    CherryCP  (01-04-2016)

  16. #210
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    I do follow instructions. ... but i thought i missing medicines i haven't bought them and my trip is getting close .... thank you for advise and good luck


 

Similar Threads

  1. Egg donation Spain/Greece
    By adim in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-02-2016, 16:09
  2. Egg Donation in Greece #2
    By kcraig in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1044
    Last Post: 02-02-2016, 10:47
  3. Egg Donation Greece or Cape Town
    By Dreaming1 in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-10-2015, 16:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Baby U & The Wiggles - Toilet Training Products
Toilet training can be a testing time but Baby U is there to assist you and your toddler with the daunting task of toilet training. With a range of products that can be used at home, on holidays or out & about.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!