Closed Thread
Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my second BT today and HCG is 1083. Day at a time but happy with that. They advised that my Progesterone levels were a little low but can work on that.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

kategc  (15-03-2016),kcraig  (17-03-2016),Vixjc  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @jaydee32

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee32 View Post
    Good luck to all the girls travelling shortly. It is at times overwhelming.
    I'm glad to see that the naturopath helped @CherryCP My sister is a naturopath and she has been an amazing wealth of knowledge and advised on vitamins and things that I needed to do. I am also a big fan of acupuncture which I think really helped me. @Kitkats and @Vikjc I still cant bring myself to do my clexane injections. I still make my partner do them and feel that it is his contribution. He is also a policeman doing shiftwork but I am seriously tempted to go to the station when I need them done to avoid doing it myself. I know that if I have to take the Clexane for up to 12-14 weeks I am sure that I will eventually have to do it but until then... @AnnaMM I think you might be over in Athens currently. Hope you are doing well.
    I think that's fair Jaydee - it's the least he can do! Those hcg results are great too - congrats!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had my Zoladex injection this afternoon. I was a bit worried when the doctor told me she had never given a Zoladex injection before... however after watching a Youtube video and consulting another doctor, I got the jab. I was a bit apprehensive under the circumstances, but it wasn't too bad. I didn't have a local anaesthetic. The doctor suggested I try it without...

Just wondering how you got on when travelling overseas with heaps of medications in your hand luggage? Did you have any dramas? Did you have to put your meds through the xray machine? I don't have a letter from the doctor about why I've got to travel with medication... so I guess I'd best ask for one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news about the Zolodex!

I always take a letter with me from my Aus doctor, and serum always give me one for the return trip, I've only ever had to show it once. Customs seem to be pretty used to people travelling with prescription meds - I don't even flag it before the bag goes through the X-ray anymore, I just answer honestly if they ask, but they usually don't.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Vixjc! So when you get to airport security do you just put your bag through the xray machine and don't say anything unless they ask? Then show them the letter. So you don't have to declare your medications or speak to someone first? Sorry if I sound a bit daft but I've never had to do it before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    Thanks @Vixjc! So when you get to airport security do you just put your bag through the xray machine and don't say anything unless they ask? Then show them the letter. So you don't have to declare your medications or speak to someone first? Sorry if I sound a bit daft but I've never had to do it before.
    That's right - you don't need to speak to anyone first, although when I first started flying with meds I used to tell them about the meds before it went through X-ray, then realised they didn't care usually so after that I shut up and just put my bag on and if they ask (and they normally don't) I say it's IVF medication and they don't ask any more questions after that. Last time I had a guy ask what the sharps container was and I replied it was for used needles (but he didn't ask what the needles were for and I didn't explain). Only once was I asked if I had a doctors letter for the medication - that was in Turkey I think, or perhaps it was Abu Dhabi, I don't remember now but as soon as they read the letter it was fine.

It's actually much easier than you'd think!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @CherryCP @Vixjc had suggested on a previous post to put all meds into a clear plastic container and take that as on board luggage. I did this and just kept my letter with it. I didn't get questioned once. I put it straight through the scanner.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee32 View Post
    @CherryCP @Vixjc had suggested on a previous post to put all meds into a clear plastic container and take that as on board luggage. I did this and just kept my letter with it. I didn't get questioned once. I put it straight through the scanner.
    Yeah - having the meds in a clear lunch box does make it easier, and protects the meds too ...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great! Thanks @jaydee32 and @Vixjc for all your help and advice re: travelling with meds.

I have another query about NKC Natural Killer Cells. Mine was done via a blood test. Is that how you were tested? Or did you do a vag swab? A couple of ladies mentioned they had high levels, etc. What do you mean? ie what were your test levels? My blood test showed I had 6% NKC. Normal range was below 9%. Also t cells and b cells were normal. Or is normal bad? ie what level is bad for pregnancy?
    Last edited by CherryCP; 16-03-2016 at 08:12.