+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I've had it a few times, always got rid of it myself with lots of cranberry juice, Ural and cups of tea. Plus the last time I also got that Hiprex stuff from the chemist.

If you leave it too late you'll have to go to the GP. Last time I had it was when I was working so I sat and sipped cranberry juice all day at my desk. Drank a litre in the morning and another litre in the afternoon.
    This. I'm not a fan of antibiotics unless absolutely necessary. I'm able to usually flush it out with the above steps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Flush, flush, flush your system out with lot's of water, cranberry juice and Ural sachets in your water.

If symptoms get worse and you feel like it may be turning into a kidney infection (you will know) go to the GP.

Eta: After DTD, always try and empty your bladder afterwards, this can help avoid UTI's as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Whats the best remedy for a urinary tract infection

if it's not too bad, I find cranberry juice does the trick. if it's more extreme, you'll need ABs. my sister gets UTIs pretty bad and always ends up on antibiotics.

as others have said, cranberry juice and plenty of water are good home remedies. also ural for an over the counter solution. last resort or if it's bad is to see your gp.

ETA: wildly obvious but always wipe front to back too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to find cranberry tablets and lots of water reasonably effective. Although that only works if its still in the mid phase and it can be risky - if you need antibiotics then leaving it and trying to home treat can lead to kidney issues and more serious illness and it can happen quite quickly. One time when I didn't seek help in time I ended up in hospital so look after yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Flush, flush, flush your system out with lot's of water, cranberry juice and Ural sachets in your water.

If symptoms get worse and you feel like it may be turning into a kidney infection (you will know) go to the GP.

Eta: After DTD, always try and empty your bladder afterwards, this can help avoid UTI's as well.

Yes, flush flush flush the kidneys. Just drink lots and lots of Cranberry Juice and water, force yourself to drink it. I always diluted my Cranberry Juice, partly because it is pretty strong and partly because it is expensive!! Drink until you think you've had alot, and then drink some more!
    Good Luck