+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was prescribed both but opted not to take any due to side effects. I found the elevit morning sickness tablets worked well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I took zofran for nausea during early pregnancy. I had read some warnings on line regarding a possible slight increase in the incidence of cardiac malformations. However it was only slight, and I couldn't get through the day without it.
    I also only trust actual published journal data or published studies and guidelines by professional bodies or organisations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristyj View Post
    Hi ladies
    I got Prescribed zofran today and I took one then went home and googled side effects and read all these things about it causing birth defects and all these legal cases currently going on in the US
    so now I'm super scared and just wondering if anyone else has heard of these potential effects?
    The US cases are not a good reflection of the risks as it has been prescribed at much higher doses there compared to in Australia (here it is rarely more than 3x8mg per day whereas some of the US cases were well over that). There have been a number of recent large scale studies in Europe that have indicated zofran is quite safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is too late for your exam but I thought this site may interest you...http://www.morningsicknesssurvivalkits.com.au/

Run by a Mum in Brisbane. Her book is definitely worth reading (practical, reassuring and a short read) and the kits are worthwhile too.

Hope the test went well!