+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    So disappointed for dd1. Took her to orientation at daycare and they had to give up her place to priority care. They wanted to tell me in person, I'm proud of myself of holding back the tears.
    We are top of the waiting list, usually a spot comes up once a month or so.

I understand that I'm fortunate enough to not NEED the place and that others need it more. It's just I'd talked it up so much to dd1 and she had a brand new bag etc.....

Sigh.
    Oh, that really sucks for you both, especially when it only happened at the very last moment! You did amazingly well not to cry- I suspect I would have.

I hope your DD gets a place soon.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (12-02-2016),VicPark  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I'm so sorry for you all. I hope another place becomes available soon xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is such a shame! I feel so sad for you guys. How did your Dd react? Did you still do orientation?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd1 didn't hear any of it she was too busy looking at a paw patrol trike lol. We didn't do orientation as such but the director let us stay and play for as long as we wanted (we stayed an hour) and she hung out with us. It was obvious she felt awful. I just told dd1 we will come back another time and she seemed happy with this, completely oblivious that my heart was breaking for her and me.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (12-02-2016),HollyGolightly81  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a shame LMS, hope a spot opens up quickly for you Dd1.

We had a little bit of 'success' last night. I decided after 18 weeks of handling the nights alone (my husband doesn't 'do tired' very well and works very hard long hours so I've always let him sleep knowing he would help if I asked but I get the guilts being a SAHM and all and I wanted him to WANT to help and insist but he never has) and him being away last week that he was taking the ****! I don't do tired well either, I just have no choice! Arghh anyway!! Lol I sent him some not so friendly texts at about 6am Friday morning where he was no doubt sleeping peacefully in his comfy motel bed haha and told him he could help out all night at least on Friday and Saturday as I am DONE!! So last night he jumped up and got him when he woke, I fed and be resettled him back into his cot and he slept for about 3 hours between wakes as opposed to the 20min-1.5rs blocks I get and today he had had a 1.5hr nap and 2hr nap!WT?!?!

Anyway long one story short perhaps having DH involved has helped??? He was 4montys yesterday

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsIsMe For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LMS - I am joining you in your exhaustion

Ds2 was doing so well. He was self settling and waking maybe 2-3 times a night. Easily the best of my three kids so far. He is 13 weeks now and this week a switch went off and it all went out the window. He is rejecting his dummy, he wants boob all throughout the night, he won't self settle anymore... My dd (23 months) wakes at 5am every morning and I am finding by the time she has woken I have had maybe 2 hrs of broken sleep

Anyway, thanks for this thread. Its nice to know that I'm not alone, but I'm sorry you are also struggling.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always happy for others to join my pity party lol!
    Dd1 wakes around 530am so I completely relate.

Last night sucked balls. Had the opportunity to nap today (DH is home) but funnily enough, I'm too tired to sleep.....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not sleeping and not coping- help

@MrsIsMe, I'm like you, I don't like to ask DH for help, I'm on mat leave at the moment, he just can't cope with little sleep either so it's usually not worth it, I figure it's better to have one functioning adult haha. He keeps saying I just need to ask but I don't want to have to ASK, I want him to offer.

He is going away this week for 3 nights for work, I'm yet to decide if it will make things easier (one less person to think about/look after) or worse (no looking forward to a break from dd1 when he gets home).

It's sooo relieving to know there are others out there with non sleeping babies, particularly when not a first time mum..... I guess on the outside it looks like I've got my shiz together but it's a complete facade
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 13-02-2016 at 16:40.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

MrsIsMe  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not sleeping and not coping- help

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    @MrsIsMe, I'm like you, I don't like to ask DH for help, I'm on mat leave at the moment, he just can't cope with little sleep either so it's usually not worth it, I figure it's better to have one functioning adult haha. He keeps saying I just need to ask but I don't want to have to ASK, I want him to offer.

He is going away this week for 3 nights for work, I'm yet to decide if it will make things easier (one less person to think about/look after) or worse (no looking forward to a break from dd1 when he gets home).

It's sooo relieving to know there are others out there with non sleeping babies, particularly when not a first time mum..... I guess on the outside it looks like I've got my shiz together but it's a complete facade
    My DH constantly says 'all you need to do is ask' and I guess I should but it would be nice if they offered or in fact just took over occasionally without the need to nag.

I do sometimes find it easier if DH is away as you just get on and do things your way - with no added seething if DH is being annoying/not pulling his weight.

Gosh, this makes me sound terrible towards DH but I'm coming off a terrible nights sleep so I'm feeling quite stabby!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (13-02-2016),gingermillie  (13-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (13-02-2016),MrsIsMe  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    My DH constantly says 'all you need to do is ask' and I guess I should but it would be nice if they offered or in fact just took over occasionally without the need to nag.

I do sometimes find it easier if DH is away as you just get on and do things your way - with no added seething if DH is being annoying/not pulling his weight.

Gosh, this makes me sound terrible towards DH but I'm coming off a terrible nights sleep so I'm feeling quite stabby!
    Totally 100% get what you're saying. Can't put my finger exactly on why but sometimes it's easier when DH isn't around 😔

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (13-02-2016),MrsIsMe  (14-02-2016),wobbleyhorse  (13-02-2016)