+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 245
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,214
    Thanks
    3,652
    Thanked
    3,457
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Unfortunately the daycare centre only has one day free. I was lucky to even get that, childcare places are hard to come by in our area, many of my colleagues have struggled to get spots and often put their kids in places suburbs away. I'm optimistic she'll settle ok, she's really grown up and come out of her shell since dd2 was born. If it doesn't work I can always pull her out.

    Dd2 gets the right amount of day time sleep for her age, and I use SOS as a guide for awake windows, she's just a catnapper at the moment and I can't spend ages resettling with a toddler to supervise so I'm rolling with it. I will follow my sleepeasy solution book when she's 4-5 months to help her nap and sleep properly, it worked well for dd1, and it appeals to me as I feed on demand during the day so don't want a strict feed play sleep schedule I'm not strong enough to stick it out.

    Last night was the pits, I thought it couldn't get much worse but it has. I burst into tears when DHs alarm went off at 545 this morning. She's still all smiles this morning though, the little terror.

    DH chewed all his leave up when dd2 was born, and won't chuck a sickie as he's too goody goody lol.

    Just need to keep on swimming.....
    Do we have the same husband? 😉

    It's so hard, I'm feeling for you and anticipate I'll be right there with you in a few months. You are doing a fab job. 💛

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (09-02-2016)

  3. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,298
    Thanks
    8,253
    Thanked
    3,945
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Do we have the same husband? 😉

    It's so hard, I'm feeling for you and anticipate I'll be right there with you in a few months. You are doing a fab job. 💛
    Yes @HollyGolightly81, congrats by the way! Xxxxx

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

    HollyGolightly81  (09-02-2016)

  5. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,041
    Thanks
    2,794
    Thanked
    1,032
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh god I'm so sorry last night was rough again. I remember getting to the point where I was actually grateful for the nights to be over - as crazy as that sounds. But during the day at least I was able to distract my self by take DS2 for a walk, meet my mum for coffee and cake!

    My DH wouldn't chuck a sickie either. But remember it's not a sickie to take carers leave - to look after you and your children.

    Just take it day by day and do what you have to do and are comfortable with to get through.

    Hugs xx

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

    HollyGolightly81  (09-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (09-02-2016)

  7. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,214
    Thanks
    3,652
    Thanked
    3,457
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Oh god I'm so sorry last night was rough again. I remember getting to the point where I was actually grateful for the nights to be over - as crazy as that sounds. But during the day at least I was able to distract my self by take DS2 for a walk, meet my mum for coffee and cake!

    My DH wouldn't chuck a sickie either. But remember it's not a sickie to take carers leave - to look after you and your children.

    Just take it day by day and do what you have to do and are comfortable with to get through.

    Hugs xx
    I was the same, almost grateful the night was over 😕

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (09-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (09-02-2016)

  9. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,298
    Thanks
    8,253
    Thanked
    3,945
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you @binnielici.
    I'd just like to thank all you girls for all your support, you don't realise how important it's been to me I'm very isolated and don't have much support and just having a place to vent helps me feel less alone and that I can keep on going xxx

    Some of my fondest memories is walking dd1 in the stroller watching the sun rise. We now live on the top of a steep hill- awesome views but almost impossible to take a stroll with two kidlets. (Poor dog is getting huge and doesn't even get a look in now!)

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (09-02-2016),HollyGolightly81  (09-02-2016)

  11. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,041
    Thanks
    2,794
    Thanked
    1,032
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Thank you @binnielici.
    I'd just like to thank all you girls for all your support, you don't realise how important it's been to me I'm very isolated and don't have much support and just having a place to vent helps me feel less alone and that I can keep on going xxx

    Some of my fondest memories is walking dd1 in the stroller watching the sun rise. We now live on the top of a steep hill- awesome views but almost impossible to take a stroll with two kidlets. (Poor dog is getting huge and doesn't even get a look in now!)
    I remember many sunrises with DS2. Always hear to listen xx

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (09-02-2016)

  13. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,299
    Thanks
    2,377
    Thanked
    1,934
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Feeling for you @Little Miss Sunshine sleep deprivation is the pits and I just have one 7 month old DD to deal with and no toddler wrangling (and my experience to date with DD means we are 99.99% sure she'll be an only child).
    I got a call at 5pm yesterday advising I was being admitted to sleep school today after a month long wait. I'm hoping this helps sort us out. You are so not alone with the middle of the night demon and yes it feels so isolating and lonely doesn't it. My DH only took today off to come to admission when I told him they'd give him a medical certificate 😖

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (09-02-2016)

  15. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,298
    Thanks
    8,253
    Thanked
    3,945
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Not sleeping and not coping- help

    @gingermillie when I was going through it with dd1 I thought I'd never do it again either.... Then they do improve and you forget how awful it is and how it seems to go on forever lol!

    Good luck with sleep school xxx
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 09-02-2016 at 14:24.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

    HollyGolightly81  (09-02-2016)

  17. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,298
    Thanks
    8,253
    Thanked
    3,945
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So disappointed for dd1. Took her to orientation at daycare and they had to give up her place to priority care. They wanted to tell me in person, I'm proud of myself of holding back the tears.
    We are top of the waiting list, usually a spot comes up once a month or so.

    I understand that I'm fortunate enough to not NEED the place and that others need it more. It's just I'd talked it up so much to dd1 and she had a brand new bag etc.....

    Sigh.

  18. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,299
    Thanks
    2,377
    Thanked
    1,934
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    So disappointed for dd1. Took her to orientation at daycare and they had to give up her place to priority care. They wanted to tell me in person, I'm proud of myself of holding back the tears.
    We are top of the waiting list, usually a spot comes up once a month or so.

    I understand that I'm fortunate enough to not NEED the place and that others need it more. It's just I'd talked it up so much to dd1 and she had a brand new bag etc.....

    Sigh.
    Oh that is sad for the both of you and really not what you needed right now. Fingers crossed a spot comes up really quickly but is there anywhere else you can try?
    My heart is hurting for your DD too it's a big thing and she was obviously excited so it's really deflating. Hopefully you can do something nice today maybe go to a cafe for a coffee and regroup. Big hugs to you both xx

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (12-02-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Not coping..
    By Avon in forum Morning Sickness
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-09-2015, 16:09
  2. I'm not coping
    By Sally1981 in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 22:51
  3. Not coping. Again
    By Freyamum in forum Feeling alone
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-05-2015, 14:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting Education
Providing private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their own home. Sessions are flexible, including everything that hospital based programs cover. Click to find out more!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!