+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Just a quick note on baby monitors - the temperature display can often be out by quite a bit . My Angelcare monitor could be out by 2-3 degrees at any time. Gro-egg was always pretty spot on.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No real improvement

I was googling routines for 3 month olds on baby forums and nearly everyone who posted mentioned their babies slept through. I can't stop crying. I try and do all the right things. Dd1 was a crap sleeper too (I coped better as it was just us) so I feel like a failure

I'm not asking her to sleep all night but I just need a chunk in there somewhere to function.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    No real improvement

I was googling routines for 3 month olds on baby forums and nearly everyone who posted mentioned their babies slept through. I can't stop crying. I try and do all the right things. Dd1 was a crap sleeper too (I coped better as it was just us) so I feel like a failure

I'm not asking her to sleep all night but I just need a chunk in there somewhere to function.
    Step away from those forums! Bullsh** that most 3 month olds are sleeping through! Have you checked out the babysleepsite?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (03-02-2016),MrsA2B  (03-02-2016),TheGooch  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Not sleeping and not coping- help

Or check out this site. Her book is the one preferred most but I don't she also has sample routines and tips on her website:

http://babybliss.com.au

Eta: actually, her site seems to have less info than a couple years ago, you have to buy everything now. She had routines you could buy for a few dollars but I can find them on there now. Her book is good though.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 03-02-2016 at 06:39.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Step away from those forums! Bullsh** that most 3 month olds are sleeping through! Have you checked out the babysleepsite?
    I know that too, but I'm tired and irrational! I promised myself I wouldn't get to hung up on sleeping and routines as it would pass.... But when you're exhausted it's all you can think about.

I think if she had been an awful sleeper from the get go I would of been more accepting, it's just I had a taste of what a good sleeper was like and now it's gone and I'm trying desperately to have that back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Or check out this site. Her book is the one preferred most but I don't she also has sample routines and tips on her website:

http://babybliss.com.au

Eta: actually, her site seems to have less info than a couple years ago, you have to buy everything now. She had routines you could buy for a few dollars but I can find them on there now. Her book is good though.
    I think it's at my local library, will look thanks
    I already have so many sleep books from when dd1 wasn't sleeping :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I know that too, but I'm tired and irrational! I promised myself I wouldn't get to hung up on sleeping and routines as it would pass.... But when you're exhausted it's all you can think about.

I think if she had been an awful sleeper from the get go I would of been more accepting, it's just I had a taste of what a good sleeper was like and now it's gone and I'm trying desperately to have that back
    I know exactly what you mean. It's so hard not to take anyone's comments about their baby sleeping personally and that it means you must be doing something wrong. I've definitely been there. X

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (03-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No real improvement

Honestly it's total c*ap that all 3 month babies sleep through!! Don't beat yourself up, it's not your fault in any way. Our little treasures like to test us to the limit and when they give you the most amazing smile first thing in the morning they expect it just to melt you and make you forgive them in an instant! It can be soooo hard though! Don't lose hope, it's horrible lack of sleep but somehow your body just manages to adapt and cope and you wonder how it is possible to function! Just take any breaks you can, I find just resting on the sofa with your eyes closed can really help even if you can't sleep as you've got the toddler to look after. Annoyingly my 2 year old is not quite at the age to sit quietly in front of the tv for long or play on his own, but even just 10 mins of down time can help.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can completely relate to reading about everyone's babies sleeping through and crying! I also have three older children who were well and truly sleeping through by this stage (16 weeks), bloody sucks being so tired. I said to my husband even if I could have a full nights sleep there isn't enough hours on the clock to make me not tired
    anyway, you're not alone and tomorrow I am going to a day stay hands on settling course run through community health. I am hoping this is my 'fix' lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsIsMe For This Useful Post:

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

This was me!
    DS slept from 10pm to 7am from about 3 weeks old!
    Then at 3.5 months things fell apart. He was suddenly sleeping from 10pm - 2am and then waking hourly from then. Wouldn't sleep during the day. It broke us.
    I always felt like it was worse because I had a taste of sleeping and then it was ripped out from under me.
    It will change. It has to xxx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post: