@Little Miss Sunshine how are you this morning?
Subbing for after work.
- when are day naps? How do you determine when to out bub down for a nap? Catnapping can be a sign bub is too tired or not tired enough
- what is the temp in bubs room at bedtime? Is it consistent through he night/day? What bedding is bub in (blankets/sleep bags etc)? Is the mattress protector and bedding cotton/bamboo or polyester? Catnapping can be a sign bub is too cold. Non cotton/bamboo bedding can cause bub to sweat and then get cold
- is bub getting enough milk/hind milk? When are feeds? How long?
- any medical concerns?
Sleep deprivation sucks. Don't be afraid of asking for help from a relative or friend or asking your DH to chuck a sickie xx
Does bub have a comforter? Use it at every sleep regardless of where it is and only at sleep time.
I don't have advice just *hugs*
Hang in there, hopefully this rough patch eases soon xxx
Bother 😞 hang in there hun and just take each day as it comes x
We are getting aircon installed right now. I'm hoping it will make a difference. On reflection it may be dd2 is simply too hot. It is often 25+ degrees in her room at bedtime, as it gets the afternoon sun and heats up like an oven. I have her in a singlet onesie and a 0.2 tog swaddle. If it feels cooler later I add a thin blanket. On really hot nights we sleep in the lounge room as it's cooler and more open.
I've ordered a couple of security blankets for comforters. She did have a couple but they were too similar to dd1's blankies who subsequently pinched them.
I never change her nappy at night unless it leaks (has only happened twice).
I am also going to sleep away from her tonight- I'll sleep on the couch with her door open- so will not wake up with every grizzle but still able to attend quickly if need be.
I'm hopeful tonight will be better. And looking forward to aircon 👍I got an hour nap today and am drinking a coke and feeling ok. Not great, but ok.
I think the air con could potentially make a huge difference. I know I find it very difficult to sleep in a warm room! Fingers crossed for you.
How cold does it get overnight if it's 25 at bedtime? If it dips to 22/23 or below overnight then even with a thin blanket bub may be cold. If you don't already gave one grab a gro-egg and place it in your bubs room. They are really handy for monitoring temperature and working out whether it's an issue.
I hated all the guess work with blankets etc so I just followed the gro-bag bedding guide - used an it cooler if it was too hot at bedtime then used a thermostat controlled heater to maintain the temp.
- eg if it was 24 at bedtime I used the cooler and dressed bub as though it was 22 (long sleeve legless cotton onsie and 1.0 tog sleeping bag. When I went to bed I would turn the cooler off and set the heater to 22.
- in winter it was usually 20 or below in the evenings so I would dress bub for 20 degrees (long sleeve legless cotton onesie and a 2.5 tog Bag). I would set the heater to maintain a temp of 20.
Last edited by VicPark; 02-02-2016 at 19:41.
When will the aircon be installed OP?
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!