+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's been a while since I posted but I've been reading along. We have a sleep consultant coming on Monday. DD is nearly 8 months and I can't remember the last time I had a block of more than 3 hours sleep 😰

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Well, I'm a mum chronically sleep deprived and usually manage fairly well. In the last 2 months we've moved interstate twice, I'd returned to work FT and then resigned (to move interstate) both of which caused massive upsets with DS's sleep. After being up every hour for 30 min since 12:30, and then up at 5:30 followed by a refusal to sleep, I am shattered today and am not sure how to get through the day. My to-do list is a mile long and at the moment. Any tips on getting through the day with my sanity in tact?
    Coffee, coffee and more coffee!!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (04-03-2016),Tiny Dancer  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I'm a mum chronically sleep deprived and usually manage fairly well. In the last 2 months we've moved interstate twice, I'd returned to work FT and then resigned (to move interstate) both of which caused massive upsets with DS's sleep. After being up every hour for 30 min since 12:30, and then up at 5:30 followed by a refusal to sleep, I am shattered today and am not sure how to get through the day. My to-do list is a mile long and at the moment. Any tips on getting through the day with my sanity in tact?
    I find exercise helps heaps. Just a walk with my headphones in helps me so so much to deal with constant fatigue.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    It's been a while since I posted but I've been reading along. We have a sleep consultant coming on Monday. DD is nearly 8 months and I can't remember the last time I had a block of more than 3 hours sleep 😰
    I hope they help! I'm almost at the point of getting a sleep consultant myself. I didn't sleep well for most of my pregnancy and DS is now 15 months, and in that time I've only had 2 weeks where he slept well.

I hope the sleep consultant is beneficial. Best of luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

babyla  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    I find exercise helps heaps. Just a walk with my headphones in helps me so so much to deal with constant fatigue.
    I'll give it a try when DH gets home. Hopefully it will have cooled off enough by then that I don't feel like I am suffocating as soon as I step out the door! If DS continues to wake stupidly early, I'll just get him up and stick him in the pram and go for a walk first thing, even if I don't feel like it.

I'm not coping well with the humidity up here. And I know it's already starting to cool off in Canberra.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll give it a try when DH gets home. Hopefully it will have cooled off enough by then that I don't feel like I am suffocating as soon as I step out the door! If DS continues to wake stupidly early, I'll just get him up and stick him in the pram and go for a walk first thing, even if I don't feel like it.

I'm not coping well with the humidity up here. And I know it's already starting to cool off in Canberra.
    Where as I'm struggling with the hot dry evenings here. Haha. I'd love some humidity. My skin is getting so dry and I can feel myself age!

Back in qld I used to go for walks around 5.30-7am. Enough to clear my head.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ahahaha. I can probably manage that. I've decided we're going to a cafe for breakfast because I kept standing at the cupboard and fridge with the doors open and not getting anything out.

DS is pulling all the books off his shelves and I am letting him do it. When I'm dressed I'll just dress him and we'll go.

Hope the baby expo and Peppa Pig aren't too tortuous. I hope the rest of your day becomes F*** it Friday!
    Baby expos are always insane. DS loved it. Saw Peppa Pig. And Animals Rock.

I am now ignoring the mess in the kitchen and lounge.

I am so flipping tired from DS not sleeping last night. He got up every 2 hours. And I could barely sleep in the first place.

So not looking forward to having 2 atm. About 6 weeks left until I have bub number 2. Why do we go back and have multiple children? Are we delirious from lack of sleep that it seems like a good idea?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

That is what I used to do with DS2 except it was in the ergo as he refused to be in a pram. But I would just get up with him and walk out the door - watch the sun rise. It helped my mood and put me a better frame of mind to face the day after yet another night of no sleep!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (05-03-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (04-03-2016),Tiny Dancer  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Where as I'm struggling with the hot dry evenings here. Haha. I'd love some humidity. My skin is getting so dry and I can feel myself age!

Back in qld I used to go for walks around 5.30-7am. Enough to clear my head.
    I found the same thing. It's still dry. My feet and hands are particularly bad.

Not to worry RAH, it will be cold there by the end of the month. 😀

Will need to be walking at that time. It's too hot any other time. Poor DS, he's not dealing well with the heat at all!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not sleeping and not coping- help

Dammit i was barely coping as it was and I kept hoping it was just a blip but it looks as though dd1 is dropping the day nap for the past week or so every second day she hasn't gone to sleep even after an hour or so in the bed (she continually calls out I'm ready! Mum I'm awake!). She copes just fine till bedtime without it. I on the over hand....
    She was exhausting as it was, the afternoons have now become a special kind of hell, not her fault but I've napped since high school, even when working (6-3) and I'm a mess without a lay down letting alone when stupidly sleep deprived
    Dd2 went down last night at 630, woke 730, 930, 12, 130-2am awake, 330-430 awake, then up for day at 6am. This is a typical night.

Can't wait for daylight savings to end and hopefully can get a bit tougher with her.

I'm dying inside