+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MrsIsMe as RAH said it is very unlikely to be self weaning, he is far too young. Kellymom has some good info on nursing strikes, or you could ring the ABA for advice. Sounds awful for you both @Barnaby big hugs to you too!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (29-02-2016),MrsIsMe  (29-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't worried he was self weaning, I know he's too young for that I am worried that out of desperation /starvation he will drink from a bottle and not me I spent yesterday afternoon skin to skin with him and he wasn't the least bit interested all last night I was topless and co-sleeping and he wouldn't attach when he was obviously looking for it and became really distressed when I attempted to help him. I will get a cup happening, hadn't thought of that! Thank you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Little Miss Sunshine, I feel for you. My almost 7 month old has lost the plot. He's never been a good sleeper, but it's gotten progressively worse since 4 month. I don't like the idea of sleep school, but we gave the day stay a go, and were excused early. I'm looking into 5 day programs because sh$t ain't working.

Hugs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not sleeping and not coping- help

@lileitak I hope things improve for you soon and that if you choose sleep school you have success! Gosh knows how I'd feel if dd2 is still sleeping like crap at 7 months.....

Mind you I started this thread a month ago today and whilst sleep is still horrid I'm still here and surviving (just!).
    @gingermille how are things with you?
    @MrsIsMe is your ds feeding again?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

ilex  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's surprising how well you cope even when the prospect of having a crappy sleeper seems horrendous when they are young. My ds2 is now 8 months and after doing weeks of sleep training and getting some results but then regressing I just gave up and have accepted things. We are now having feeds at 11.30, 2.30, 5 then up at 6. And even though I fully expected to have a baby sleeping through the night by 6 months with some training, now I've realised that I can manage with 3 wakings and hopefully with time things will improve. Hang on in there, don't lose hope I'm sure things will get better it just might require some work which is never easy or fun. I found the sleep training very hard this time around but we have managed to get him to self settle and can put him down for sleep and naps on his own which is a huge help for me with a toddler to look after too. How much I look forward to a full nights sleep though!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know, dd1 still woke 1-3 times a night until she was after 2 years.( Even after sleep training- but before that she couldn't self settle and woke HEAPS.) She still occasionally wakes now at 3. If someone had told me that during her baby months I would of had a breakdown!
    But it just became the norm and I coped ok with that - enough to have another lol!

Some babies are just a bit more cuddly

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I'm a mum chronically sleep deprived and usually manage fairly well. In the last 2 months we've moved interstate twice, I'd returned to work FT and then resigned (to move interstate) both of which caused massive upsets with DS's sleep. After being up every hour for 30 min since 12:30, and then up at 5:30 followed by a refusal to sleep, I am shattered today and am not sure how to get through the day. My to-do list is a mile long and at the moment. Any tips on getting through the day with my sanity in tact?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Well, I'm a mum chronically sleep deprived and usually manage fairly well. In the last 2 months we've moved interstate twice, I'd returned to work FT and then resigned (to move interstate) both of which caused massive upsets with DS's sleep. After being up every hour for 30 min since 12:30, and then up at 5:30 followed by a refusal to sleep, I am shattered today and am not sure how to get through the day. My to-do list is a mile long and at the moment. Any tips on getting through the day with my sanity in tact?
    Just declare today to be F*** it Friday and just don't do anything. Your list can consist of F*** it instead of ticks.

I am shattered today too. And on my way to a baby expo because I promised DS he can see Peppa Pig. Me and my big freaking mouth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    It's surprising how well you cope even when the prospect of having a crappy sleeper seems horrendous when they are young. My ds2 is now 8 months and after doing weeks of sleep training and getting some results but then regressing I just gave up and have accepted things. We are now having feeds at 11.30, 2.30, 5 then up at 6. And even though I fully expected to have a baby sleeping through the night by 6 months with some training, now I've realised that I can manage with 3 wakings and hopefully with time things will improve. Hang on in there, don't lose hope I'm sure things will get better it just might require some work which is never easy or fun. I found the sleep training very hard this time around but we have managed to get him to self settle and can put him down for sleep and naps on his own which is a huge help for me with a toddler to look after too. How much I look forward to a full nights sleep though!!
    Like you, I'd be happy if he could self-settle - even a little bit. I can deal with the nights, and getting up 1-4 times. But he is also a terrible day sleeper. Getting him to unwind and relax to get ready for sleep is near impossible. I have tried heaps; sitting in the garden quietly, going for a walk around the block in the pram, books and more books, quiet bath, and just sitting in the dark. Feeding seems to be the only thing that unwinds him unless he's exhausted (but not over exhausted).

I'm hoping sleep school helps me learn to better read his queues and get him winding down.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Just declare today to be F*** it Friday and just don't do anything. Your list can consist of F*** it instead of ticks.

I am shattered today too. And on my way to a baby expo because I promised DS he can see Peppa Pig. Me and my big freaking mouth.
    Ahahaha. I can probably manage that. I've decided we're going to a cafe for breakfast because I kept standing at the cupboard and fridge with the doors open and not getting anything out.

DS is pulling all the books off his shelves and I am letting him do it. When I'm dressed I'll just dress him and we'll go.

Hope the baby expo and Peppa Pig aren't too tortuous. I hope the rest of your day becomes F*** it Friday!