+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MillieMollyMandy View Post
    I'm not sure if you're breastfeeding and can be away from baby but if you can, is it possible for your DH to take the kids to his parents for the day? My DH isn't confident with our two on his own, so to give mea rest last weekend he took them both around to his parents place for the day. That way he had plenty of help and I had a really good rest. I didn't realise how much I needed that day to recharge until afterwards.
    Yeah she's breastfeeding and often lol. Refuses a bottle or dummy. So no break there unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    Yes I also hate asking for help, but it is sometimes a necessity in order to recharge. I don't count asking my dh to pitch in as asking for help though, they are his responsibility too. Since our youngest was born 3.5 months ago dh has woken at 5am every sat and sun and he takes all 3 kids while I sleep. He wouldnt dream of asking for a sleep in considering I am up all night every night with our baby.

Your dh feeling 'lost' with the baby is normal but not a good enough excuse to leave you functioning on empty. He needs to step up and find his way with her. The more he does it the more confidence he will have.

This!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Not sleeping and not coping- help

Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    Yes I also hate asking for help, but it is sometimes a necessity in order to recharge. I don't count asking my dh to pitch in as asking for help though, they are his responsibility too. Since our youngest was born 3.5 months ago dh has woken at 5am every sat and sun and he takes all 3 kids while I sleep. He wouldnt dream of asking for a sleep in considering I am up all night every night with our baby.

Your dh feeling 'lost' with the baby is normal but not a good enough excuse to leave you functioning on empty. He needs to step up and find his way with her. The more he does it the more confidence he will have.

Yes just to clarify when I say I ask for help I don't mean from DH. I expect him to help without being asked. Yes it's hard when babies are little and some men do feel overwhelmed initially but so do many mums! Being left alone with 4 kids scared the crap out of me the first time.

The only way to get used to it is to do it. He has to just step up.
    Last edited by Sonja; 26-02-2016 at 19:03.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-02-2016),babyla  (26-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm in quite a similar situation. So freakung sleep deprived it's ridiculous and with a toddler and 8 month old and running a business. It's all
    been said here but just wanted to say take any help that's thrown your way, DH sickie offer ask him to take it Monday. When we die no-one will say - gee she really pushed through the early years without asking/accepting help. What a gal! I just said to DH an hour ago - I'm doing more of what makes life easier, more comfortable. Sleep deprivation is torturous and I'm finding it accumulates. You're not alone and you don't have to cope either, it's ok to fall in a heap and lean on people.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (26-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Yeah she's breastfeeding and often lol. Refuses a bottle or dummy. So no break there unfortunately.
    Ok, sorry, ignore my idea then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MillieMollyMandy View Post
    Ok, sorry, ignore my idea then!
    That's ok, I appreciate the time taken to read and respond

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    This opinion piece sums up my opinion....

http://www.motherhoodandmore.com/201...-for-help.html

Big hugs LMS

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

babyla  (26-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (27-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's all the tricky sleepers and tired mummy's doing?

My my little boy has thrown me a new curve ball and is refusing the breast. I am devestated. My other children all self weaned between 2-2.7years. I have no idea how to deal with this at all. He did have an ear infection last week and had his first course of antibiotics poor little sod and the refusal started around the same time but is getting worse and worse not better as you'd expect after getting medication. Nurofen or panadol make no difference. I'm at a loss. He hasn't fed from me since Saturday afternoon for about two minutes I have been expressing to keep my supply up and he will take some EBM from a bottle. I actually had him on an attempting to suckle this morning and the postman banged on the front door and that was the end of that. He's not accepting the breast overnight at all either.

sory for the huge all about me blurb, no one else gets this sleep/baby stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Breast refusal is rare at this age. He probably can't suck as his nose is blocked and you've provided a bottle.

Lose the bottle. Go skin/skin. Let him attach himself. Sleep with him on your chest and if necessary - feed him using a cup. Not a bottle.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (29-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (29-02-2016),MrsIsMe  (29-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nightmare night/morning so far. Absolute nightmare finally got both the baby and toddler down together now for a nap. I am yet to eat today but if I move the baby will definitely wake..