+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skye Baby View Post
    Very sleep deprived here my 4 year old was sick last weekend and kept waking the baby up when she woke in the night then the baby would not go back to sleep she thought it was party time (the baby also woke at other times) omg. Just as the 4yo was getting better the baby and DH got sick so the baby as been waking up constantly. The baby is still sick and waking all night long, but now I am sick and so are my other two children who did not go to school today, so even less rest for me. OMG this virus is killing me I am so so sick. I just want some sleep to help me get better even a three hour stretch sounds like heaven right now.

My house is an absolute mess and that is driving me crazy because I am too sick to tidy up and it is getting worse by the day. My DH can't help too much as he has disabilities and I have no family where I live and I am fairly isolated where I live so have no friends to help either.

The baby has started doing this really strange thing when she wakes up she is sitting up and will not lie down, she Leans her head on my shoulder (I am lying on my side) then she falls asleep like that. If I try to put her down before she is asleep she cries and pushes to sit up. No idea what is going on with thiis.

I guess I will have to just keep battling on. My life is certainly throwing me challenges ATM they just keep coming lol. If only I could get some sleep.

Who am I kidding SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK.
    Poor you, lots of virtual hugs you sound beyond exhausted. No one can ever complain about being ill until they have children and realise what being ill is really like when you've still got to look after everybody else and they are all sick too!! I really hope things improve for you soon, do you have any friends around for support? I know it's often hard as most of your friends tend to be people with small kids too so it's difficult to ask them to do much but even if it's just to grab some shopping for you for example most people would often be happy to help if you asked them. Xx

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (19-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (19-02-2016),Skye Baby  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Did someone say wine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The no sleep thing combined with a filthy chesty virus has taken its toll the past 2 weeks. Can not get better! Evenings are my enemy just from fear of what lies ahead 😱

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Skye Baby  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skye Baby View Post
    Very sleep deprived here my 4 year old was sick last weekend and kept waking the baby up when she woke in the night then the baby would not go back to sleep she thought it was party time (the baby also woke at other times) omg. Just as the 4yo was getting better the baby and DH got sick so the baby as been waking up constantly. The baby is still sick and waking all night long, but now I am sick and so are my other two children who did not go to school today, so even less rest for me. OMG this virus is killing me I am so so sick. I just want some sleep to help me get better even a three hour stretch sounds like heaven right now.

My house is an absolute mess and that is driving me crazy because I am too sick to tidy up and it is getting worse by the day. My DH can't help too much as he has disabilities and I have no family where I live and I am fairly isolated where I live so have no friends to help either.

The baby has started doing this really strange thing when she wakes up she is sitting up and will not lie down, she Leans her head on my shoulder (I am lying on my side) then she falls asleep like that. If I try to put her down before she is asleep she cries and pushes to sit up. No idea what is going on with thiis.

I guess I will have to just keep battling on. My life is certainly throwing me challenges ATM they just keep coming lol. If only I could get some sleep.

Who am I kidding SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK.
    We have the exact same life!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Skye Baby  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I caved on the dummy ladies 😞. I probably didn't have to, he wasn't making a big deal but at nap time he asked me for it when I first lied him down and I just tried to ignore it and pretend I didn't hear/understand. Then I watched him on the monitor just quietly walk around his cot for 30 mins and felt awful. I went in to lie him back down and he kept standing back up so I just gave him his dummy and he fell asleep within a couple of mins, obviously harder for him to wind down for nap time. I wasn't up for him missing a whole nap and essentially messing up bedtime because I was trying to push him not to have his dummy when I don't really care or actually see it as a problem. So my bubble from this morning has popped. One thing I feel good about is that I never made a big deal about taking it away (talking to him about, etc) so hopefully when we decide to properly try this little experiment won't be remembered by him.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not sleeping and not coping- help

Don't feel bad HGL. You tried and it didn't work out yet, no biggie

I am just here silently seething at DH. This happens every weekend where we start the morning barely talking as DH sleeps in till ridiculous hour and I get angrier and angrier- it's currently 9am, he is still not up, he went to bed earlier than me and had non interrupted sleep yet here I am up before 6 dealing with the kids yet again.....
    I hate this cycle of getting angry every weekend but my god he is just so awful in the mornings if I try and wake him.... (Or he hides in bed playing on his phone which makes me even angrier)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh LMS I'd be kicking his butt out of that bed!!! You deserve a break too. At least one morning a week!
    I think DS is coming out of a growth spurt. For the past week he would want to be attached to me constantly during the night, but last night he wasn't overly interested. He still woke up probably 5 times, but just needed a cuddle and his dummy. He is getting much better at his day sleeps in his cot, so fingers crossed we might see some improvements soon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shebes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    LMS *hugs*
    I'd kick my DH's *** if he acted like that. I'm off this morning to have breakfast with my girlfriends at the markets while DH watches dd. He loves their time alone together each Saturday morning. Can you organize in advance to go out so he knows he has to step up? Maybe a gentle push 😊

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahd80 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post

I am just here silently seething at DH. This happens every weekend where we start the morning barely talking as DH sleeps in till ridiculous hour and I get angrier and angrier- it's currently 9am, he is still not up, he went to bed earlier than me and had non interrupted sleep yet here I am up before 6 dealing with the kids yet again.....
    I hate this cycle of getting angry every weekend but my god he is just so awful in the mornings if I try and wake him.... (Or he hides in bed playing on his phone which makes me even angrier)
    My DH does that sometimes. And then he is sooooooo tired in the middle of the day and naps while I wrangle the boy.

I just get DS to wake him now. I'd send your DD in and wake him up.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (20-02-2016),nh2489  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post

Yep very similar to my Life and I feel the same as you about the anger I just become so resentful seeing him sleeping while I deal with the morning after having broken sleep. In the past DH said If I want him to help early in the mornings, or me go back to bed, I am to let him know the night before so he can script it (he has an ASD). Well I say how about just scripting it so you do it every Saturday. Not hard but he still insists that I remind him the night before and of course I forget to tell him.

To be fair to my DH he can't really help ATM as his eyesight has deteriated with age. He has Hyperacuity and loosing his vision it is having a really bad effect on him. He is presenting with dementia like symptoms and nothing in the world is making sence to him anymore. DH does what he can but I really have to deal with it (and just about everything else on my own).