+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 245
  1. #131
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,600
    Thanks
    4,063
    Thanked
    3,922
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    On a side note, I'm about to go to bed and didn't give DS his dummy at bedtime. He didn't complain and is asleep but I'm worried for the night ahead 😕. Wish me luck ladies!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (19-02-2016)

  3. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,880
    Thanks
    5,204
    Thanked
    3,904
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    But in all seriousness once I read sleeping like a baby and read that my baby is normal for waking, wanting comfort from me/DH by sleeping nearby, feeding to sleep is normal etc etc - well that was the book for me.

    I relaxed and went with it after that.
    Yep. You need to read the "right" books

    Love love pinky. Even Elizabeth pantley. She has a grandkid now and keeps posting adorable photos on facebook.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

    HollyGolightly81  (19-02-2016),twinklify  (19-02-2016)

  5. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    790
    Thanks
    669
    Thanked
    367
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Not sleeping and not coping- help

    About a month ago I caved in and had a cheeky mojito and have had occasional drinks since. Somebody showed me an ap where it calculates when it's safe to breastfeed and it's roughly 2 hours after a unit so I figured if I have a couple hours gap in the evening a quick drink won't hurt!! It def helps my mood!

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (19-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (19-02-2016)

  7. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,366
    Thanks
    830
    Thanked
    2,663
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    On a side note, I'm about to go to bed and didn't give DS his dummy at bedtime. He didn't complain and is asleep but I'm worried for the night ahead 😕. Wish me luck ladies!
    I saw that post. Good night

  8. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,600
    Thanks
    4,063
    Thanked
    3,922
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    About a month ago I caved in and had a cheeky mojito and have had occasional drinks since. Somebody showed me an ap where it calculates when it's safe to breastfeed and it's roughly 2 hours after a unit so I figured if I have a couple hours gap in the evening a quick drink won't hurt!! It def helps my mood!
    Totally! I used to have a glass of wine immediately after putting DS to sleep as I knew I'd have at least 2+ (depending on age) before he woke for a feed again.

    I need to stop talking about wine, I currently feel like I'm making a Homer Simpson face...mmmmm wine...🍷😪(closest I could find to drool).

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    nh2489  (19-02-2016)

  10. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,880
    Thanks
    5,204
    Thanked
    3,904
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wine? Wine. Wine. Wine. I'm so desperate for a wine!

  11. #137
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked
    64
    Reviews
    9
    Very sleep deprived here my 4 year old was sick last weekend and kept waking the baby up when she woke in the night then the baby would not go back to sleep she thought it was party time (the baby also woke at other times) omg. Just as the 4yo was getting better the baby and DH got sick so the baby as been waking up constantly. The baby is still sick and waking all night long, but now I am sick and so are my other two children who did not go to school today, so even less rest for me. OMG this virus is killing me I am so so sick. I just want some sleep to help me get better even a three hour stretch sounds like heaven right now.

    My house is an absolute mess and that is driving me crazy because I am too sick to tidy up and it is getting worse by the day. My DH can't help too much as he has disabilities and I have no family where I live and I am fairly isolated where I live so have no friends to help either.

    The baby has started doing this really strange thing when she wakes up she is sitting up and will not lie down, she Leans her head on my shoulder (I am lying on my side) then she falls asleep like that. If I try to put her down before she is asleep she cries and pushes to sit up. No idea what is going on with thiis.

    I guess I will have to just keep battling on. My life is certainly throwing me challenges ATM they just keep coming lol. If only I could get some sleep.

    Who am I kidding SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK.

  12. #138
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,461
    Thanks
    8,849
    Thanked
    4,237
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm *hoping* dd2 is growing out of her catnapping stage. The past 3 days she is back to having a longer than 40 minute nap over midday without resettling.

    To be honest though the day sleeps have never worried me as I knew it was more a biological thing that they grow out of (unless you are timing naps wrong).

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

    HollyGolightly81  (19-02-2016)

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,600
    Thanks
    4,063
    Thanked
    3,922
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default Not sleeping and not coping- help

    Quote Originally Posted by Skye Baby View Post
    Very sleep deprived here my 4 year old was sick last weekend and kept waking the baby up when she woke in the night then the baby would not go back to sleep she thought it was party time (the baby also woke at other times) omg. Just as the 4yo was getting better the baby and DH got sick so the baby as been waking up constantly. The baby is still sick and waking all night long, but now I am sick and so are my other two children who did not go to school today, so even less rest for me. OMG this virus is killing me I am so so sick. I just want some sleep to help me get better even a three hour stretch sounds like heaven right now.

    My house is an absolute mess and that is driving me crazy because I am too sick to tidy up and it is getting worse by the day. My DH can't help too much as he has disabilities and I have no family where I live and I am fairly isolated where I live so have no friends to help either.

    The baby has started doing this really strange thing when she wakes up she is sitting up and will not lie down, she Leans her head on my shoulder (I am lying on my side) then she falls asleep like that. If I try to put her down before she is asleep she cries and pushes to sit up. No idea what is going on with thiis.

    I guess I will have to just keep battling on. My life is certainly throwing me challenges ATM they just keep coming lol. If only I could get some sleep.

    Who am I kidding SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK.
    How awful!!! I hope you all feel better soon.

    Maybe, because she's been unwell, sitting up helps her feel better (less nauseas or congested?) Not sure what type of symptoms you have but when I'm unwell I usually want to be propped up on a couple of pillows because lying flat makes it worse with a few symptoms.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    Skye Baby  (20-02-2016)

  16. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    790
    Thanks
    669
    Thanked
    367
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455869817.841017.jpg
    Both babies in bed, hubby still at work, bottle of expressed milk in fridge if needed, time for mummy to relax.

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

    babyno1onboard  (19-02-2016),gingermillie  (19-02-2016),HollyGolightly81  (20-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (19-02-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (19-02-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Not coping..
    By Avon in forum Morning Sickness
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-09-2015, 16:09
  2. I'm not coping
    By Sally1981 in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 22:51
  3. Not coping. Again
    By Freyamum in forum Feeling alone
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-05-2015, 14:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
The Little Gym Bella Vista
Get ready for some serious, fun gymnastics! The Little Gym Bella Vista
The world’s premier experiential learning and physical development center for children ages 4 months - 12 years. Create opportunities for your child to try new things and build self-confidence, all with a grin that stretches from ear to ear
featured supporter
Heinz Baby Basics
Our BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our brilliant colours, inspired designs and innovative features. Heinz Baby Basics caters for your baby’s needs!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!