+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    On a side note, I'm about to go to bed and didn't give DS his dummy at bedtime. He didn't complain and is asleep but I'm worried for the night ahead 😕. Wish me luck ladies!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    But in all seriousness once I read sleeping like a baby and read that my baby is normal for waking, wanting comfort from me/DH by sleeping nearby, feeding to sleep is normal etc etc - well that was the book for me.

I relaxed and went with it after that.
    Yep. You need to read the "right" books

Love love pinky. Even Elizabeth pantley. She has a grandkid now and keeps posting adorable photos on facebook.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (19-02-2016),twinklify  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Not sleeping and not coping- help

About a month ago I caved in and had a cheeky mojito and have had occasional drinks since. Somebody showed me an ap where it calculates when it's safe to breastfeed and it's roughly 2 hours after a unit so I figured if I have a couple hours gap in the evening a quick drink won't hurt!! It def helps my mood!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (19-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    On a side note, I'm about to go to bed and didn't give DS his dummy at bedtime. He didn't complain and is asleep but I'm worried for the night ahead 😕. Wish me luck ladies!
    I saw that post. Good night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    About a month ago I caved in and had a cheeky mojito and have had occasional drinks since. Somebody showed me an ap where it calculates when it's safe to breastfeed and it's roughly 2 hours after a unit so I figured if I have a couple hours gap in the evening a quick drink won't hurt!! It def helps my mood!
    Totally! I used to have a glass of wine immediately after putting DS to sleep as I knew I'd have at least 2+ (depending on age) before he woke for a feed again.

I need to stop talking about wine, I currently feel like I'm making a Homer Simpson face...mmmmm wine...🍷😪(closest I could find to drool).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wine? Wine. Wine. Wine. I'm so desperate for a wine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very sleep deprived here my 4 year old was sick last weekend and kept waking the baby up when she woke in the night then the baby would not go back to sleep she thought it was party time (the baby also woke at other times) omg. Just as the 4yo was getting better the baby and DH got sick so the baby as been waking up constantly. The baby is still sick and waking all night long, but now I am sick and so are my other two children who did not go to school today, so even less rest for me. OMG this virus is killing me I am so so sick. I just want some sleep to help me get better even a three hour stretch sounds like heaven right now.

My house is an absolute mess and that is driving me crazy because I am too sick to tidy up and it is getting worse by the day. My DH can't help too much as he has disabilities and I have no family where I live and I am fairly isolated where I live so have no friends to help either.

The baby has started doing this really strange thing when she wakes up she is sitting up and will not lie down, she Leans her head on my shoulder (I am lying on my side) then she falls asleep like that. If I try to put her down before she is asleep she cries and pushes to sit up. No idea what is going on with thiis.

I guess I will have to just keep battling on. My life is certainly throwing me challenges ATM they just keep coming lol. If only I could get some sleep.

Who am I kidding SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm *hoping* dd2 is growing out of her catnapping stage. The past 3 days she is back to having a longer than 40 minute nap over midday without resettling.

To be honest though the day sleeps have never worried me as I knew it was more a biological thing that they grow out of (unless you are timing naps wrong).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Not sleeping and not coping- help

Quote Originally Posted by Skye Baby View Post
    Very sleep deprived here my 4 year old was sick last weekend and kept waking the baby up when she woke in the night then the baby would not go back to sleep she thought it was party time (the baby also woke at other times) omg. Just as the 4yo was getting better the baby and DH got sick so the baby as been waking up constantly. The baby is still sick and waking all night long, but now I am sick and so are my other two children who did not go to school today, so even less rest for me. OMG this virus is killing me I am so so sick. I just want some sleep to help me get better even a three hour stretch sounds like heaven right now.

My house is an absolute mess and that is driving me crazy because I am too sick to tidy up and it is getting worse by the day. My DH can't help too much as he has disabilities and I have no family where I live and I am fairly isolated where I live so have no friends to help either.

The baby has started doing this really strange thing when she wakes up she is sitting up and will not lie down, she Leans her head on my shoulder (I am lying on my side) then she falls asleep like that. If I try to put her down before she is asleep she cries and pushes to sit up. No idea what is going on with thiis.

I guess I will have to just keep battling on. My life is certainly throwing me challenges ATM they just keep coming lol. If only I could get some sleep.

Who am I kidding SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK.
    How awful!!! I hope you all feel better soon.

Maybe, because she's been unwell, sitting up helps her feel better (less nauseas or congested?) Not sure what type of symptoms you have but when I'm unwell I usually want to be propped up on a couple of pillows because lying flat makes it worse with a few symptoms.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Skye Baby  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455869817.841017.jpg
    Both babies in bed, hubby still at work, bottle of expressed milk in fridge if needed, time for mummy to relax.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (19-02-2016),gingermillie  (19-02-2016),HollyGolightly81  (20-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (19-02-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (19-02-2016)