+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Book it in HG81!! Do it for all of us xxx He is 18 weeks (12 Oct '15), he never used to cry but I do think the slow let down is peeing him off big time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsIsMe For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Not sleeping and not coping- help

Quote Originally Posted by MrsIsMe View Post
    Book it in HG81!! Do it for all of us xxx He is 18 weeks (12 Oct '15), he never used to cry but I do think the slow let down is peeing him off big time.
    I just woke up to a £150 spa voucher from MIL for my bday 😧

Eta: It's not a hotel one but maybe I could book a nice hotel in the city just for myself and then just go down the road for the spa and a browse of shopping. A bit easier on DH's wallet then! Or...I could still do my plan and use this voucher another time...😝

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    My biggest fear is that this current belly bub will be a baby that when he wakes during the night, I won't be able to figure out what is wrong and there will be tears, from both of us. Ds1 woke HEAPS to feed but you literally fed him and straight back to sleep (very efficient feeder as well). There were never tears or moments of trying to figure out what was wrong and rocking a screaming child in the middle of the night. If this baby is like that I fear I will well and truly loose the plot. Being exhausted is hard enough but I know loads of crying will push me over the edge.

Mrs, a slow let down could be the issue, that's he's just getting frustrated and then gets himself too upset to actually chill out and feed? And then because he's tired/upset/hungry the whole night just goes to **** in a snowball effect. How old is he again?

I haven't had a night away either whereas DH had 8 weeks last year with no wife and baby around!!! 8 weeks! Four of those with no work as well, 2 of those as a proper holiday. (2 weeks back to OZ for a close friend's wedding--my stupid idea-never again, 2 weeks after our family trip to OZ as I stayed in Melbourne longer with DS and he flew back to work, 2 weeks back to OZ again when his dad died--obviously no choice there and I shouldn't really count it, and 2 weeks when i took DS to visit my family in the states). Seriously. I do sleep in every morning, he takes DS the 30-60 mins he wakes before he leaves for work and he takes him weekend mornings. I know that's a bit mean of me, that he never gets a 'sleep in' but before I was pregnant I was dealing with Ds' wakings and he was getting a full night's sleep, then I had insomnia and now I have pregnancy insomnia. He literally falls asleep the moment his head hits the pillow and wakes 7-8 hours later whereas whether it's DS waking or me just not being able to sleep I haven't had a night where I've had more than 3 hours unbroken and then lately up for 1-2 hours as well, so it's hard for me to feel bad for him wanting a sleep in. I genuinely need that time to feel remotely human or just to myself.

I've been thinking of booking 1-2 nights away at a spa completely by myself before the baby comes. DH booked a family friendly one for me for Christmas but we cancelled it as I don't think having DS with us will be very relaxing for me! So he said I could go on my own, take a friend. I don't even want to take a friend! The idea of checking into a hotel by myself, having a couple treatments, ordering room service and not talking to or worrying about anyone sounds like bliss right now!
    I totally get what you are saying.

My DS was a terrible sleeper but 95% of the time b00b in mouth = sleep.

I keep voicing 'since DS was a terrible sleeper this one will be an angel' but deep down I am petrified she will be worse.

What if she has reflux? Or terrible colic? Or refuses BF and any other soothing technique? I already am exhausted from 1 toddler so how will I cope?

I never realised what we go through as parents for our kids. And I know there are many years ahead but it would seem less daunting with more sleep lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I totally get what you are saying.

My DS was a terrible sleeper but 95% of the time b00b in mouth = sleep.

I keep voicing 'since DS was a terrible sleeper this one will be an angel' but deep down I am petrified she will be worse.

What if she has reflux? Or terrible colic? Or refuses BF and any other soothing technique? I already am exhausted from 1 toddler so how will I cope?

I never realised what we go through as parents for our kids. And I know there are many years ahead but it would seem less daunting with more sleep lol.
    Totally! I've actually told DH I think I would rather this baby be more like DS in terms of woke heaps but always just very calm rather than a 'crier' that cries all day or night but gives me bigger chunks of sleep. I know I can deal with a baby like DS but I think if there's loads of crying and not being able to sooth him so easily that I will fall apart. Crying babies freak me out!

Eta: I say this all now but I hope you all anticipate a thread from me in a few months time saying I'm not coping regardless of type of baby!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I thought I would join the vent! After weeks of really tough seep training I now have a baby that is happy to self settle, goes to sleep on his own in his room without a feed during the day and night, BUT still wakes up multiple times and won't go back to sleep himself! I thought I had accepted it and told myself just to go with it and keep feeding 3 times a night but I'm starting to get so over it now! When will it end! I used to be such a smug mother who thought all babies could sleep through the night if you did some sleep training but now im coming to accept that some babies don't want to sleep through whatever you do!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    I thought I would join the vent! After weeks of really tough seep training I now have a baby that is happy to self settle, goes to sleep on his own in his room without a feed during the day and night, BUT still wakes up multiple times and won't go back to sleep himself! I thought I had accepted it and told myself just to go with it and keep feeding 3 times a night but I'm starting to get so over it now! When will it end! I used to be such a smug mother who thought all babies could sleep through the night if you did some sleep training but now im coming to accept that some babies don't want to sleep through whatever you do!!
    That was my DS, always happy to go to sleep on his own, not fed to sleep or anything like that but wanted to constantly feed overnight. I just posted this in another thread but he self-weaned at 13 months, went complete cold turkey on me and gradually got better after that. He'd wake once for a bottle and once for a quick resettle and then when he mastered walking at 16/17 months he just instantly started sleeping through. I think it's developmental for some kids and nothing will work until they're ready. There is hope ☺️
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 18-02-2016 at 06:02.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    Please don't burst my bubble @nh2489 I'm that smug parent too lol!!! I'm hanging for dd2 to be old enough to sleep train as it worked well for dd1, I mean she was never a magical 12 hour baby but it improved things dramatically - that's what keeping is me going!

Please join us the more the merrier makes me feel so much better! My baby IS normal

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Actually your baby LMS is more than normal. She is perfect.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (18-02-2016),HollyGolightly81  (18-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (18-02-2016),twinklify  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Please don't burst my bubble @nh2489 I'm that smug parent too lol!!! I'm hanging for dd2 to be old enough to sleep train as it worked well for dd1, I mean she was never a magical 12 hour baby but it improved things dramatically - that's what keeping is me going!

Please join us the more the merrier makes me feel so much better! My baby IS normal
    Oh I know exactly how you feel!! The only thing that got me through the first few months was the prospect of having a dream baby at 6 months after some training. And although the sleep training didn't produce a 12 hour sleeper it did achieve a few positive things. The fact he can self settle is a huge help for me. I can at least put him to bed and shut the door giving me time to then put my toddler to sleep calming without a screaming baby in the background. And it's also nice to put him for a sleep during the day when he knackered and him actually sleeping rather than yelling for about an hour and I can play with my toddler and not have to march around the streets to get him to sleep instead.
    He's just a sensitive little man, anything sends him into a fit so I can see that anytime he gets a tooth, cold etc his sleep will go to pot so I've given up trying to improve it any more as I think it would depress me a lot more if he started sleeping through then regressed.
    Oh and last week my 2 year old went through a bad spell of not wanting to go to sleep then waking once overnight and taking about an hour to go back to sleep. DH was dealing with him during the night (2 nights) and boy did I hear about it for days afterwards!! He was just so tired bless him. 😬

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (18-02-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Way is this magic sleep training?? My little boy can now self settle through the day and re-settle through day sleep cycle to have a 1.5-2hr nap as opposed to 40 mins but come night time and all bets are off!! He seems unable to self settle at bedtime (7-7.30pm) so we do the usual rock, bounce & sometimes dummy -all of which he does not have through the day, perhaps this is my solution- to get him off to sleep and nights are awful. He had a BF at 9.50pm last night and wouldnt feed at 7/8/9am this morning but was fussy and unsettled ALL night long. My husband has been taking him back to his cot through the night which I don't actually think is helping as then I have to get up and go and get him when he fusses rather than just give him a pat next to me. Arggghh seriously, what is this magic training?? Lol X