+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default February Weight Loss Challenge

I don't turn down a lunch date if it's a fast day! I just eat and then fast another day!
    TDEE = total daily energy expenditure

You can just google TDEE calculator to work yours out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    I'm not hungry much on the fast days, nothing I can't handle anyway. Typically I have 2-3 coffees (with small amount of measured milk) and save my cals for a big dinner. I find it easier not to "break the seal".
    I tried eeking out my cals over the day but I was unsatisfied and hungrier. And you'd have to go to bed hungry too. I just drink a tonne of water and herbal tea to get through the day.
    I used to get "hangry" pre 5:2 but haven't experienced it since doing it.

I break up my fast days as much as possible, it makes it easier to get through the day knowing you can eat what you like the next day. But I have done a copy of "back to backs" due to social engagements.

When you start doing it you are more conscious of what you eat on the other days. I'd say as generally on the other 5 days of the week 3 days I eat really carefully and 2 days is looser to have a few treats. While technically you can eat what you want, I don't think I would have seen such good results if I'd gone to the extreme on the non fast days. I generally try to keep to my TDEE on non fast days.
    I'm happy to answer any questions you have. There is a good FB support group if you are interested I'll give you the details.
    Thanks so much for the info. I think I'm going to give it a go. And see if it works for me.
    Unfortunately I don't have FB. I'm sure I'll have some questions once I start so if it's ok I'll hit you up when they evolve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shells85 View Post
    Thanks so much for the info. I think I'm going to give it a go. And see if it works for me.
    Unfortunately I don't have FB. I'm sure I'll have some questions once I start so if it's ok I'll hit you up when they evolve.
    No problems! I'd say if you want to eat volumes on your FD's get prepped with a tonne of veggies. If you are able to hang out until dinner then you could eat more protein/carbs.
    Boiled eggs are an awesome low cal filler. And there are several cheat foods I can let you know about to bulk up your meals for next to no cals!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

Shells85  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    No problems! I'd say if you want to eat volumes on your FD's get prepped with a tonne of veggies. If you are able to hang out until dinner then you could eat more protein/carbs.
    Boiled eggs are an awesome low cal filler. And there are several cheat foods I can let you know about to bulk up your meals for next to no cals!
    Oh yes please! I'll take any tips, recipes, anything you'll give me 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I join too? I read along with the January thread.

I need to get my butt into gear. I need to give up chocolate and exercise more. Friday is my weigh in day so I'll start with last Friday's weight.

SW 96.6kg
    GW lose 4-5kg

Today is a write off but starting tomorrow no more chocolate and aiming to exercise at least half an hour everyday. Will be happy with at least 5 days a week though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleChimp For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Giving it my best this month.
    Steamed egg, avo and rocket for breaky, grapes for morning tea, a smoothie for lunch, almonds for snacking, and zucchini pasta for dinner with homemade pesto.
    You know it's serious when I swap pasta for veg, I just hope I can keep it up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My weigh in this morning:

SW 80.5

That means I lost 3.2kgs in Jan - fairly happy with that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mango and coconut smoothie for breakfast loaded up with protein powder.
    Lunch was sushi.
    Dinner was homemade chicken schnitzel cooked in coconut oil with roasted vegetables.
    Bootcamp session completed.
    Stayed within my 1500 calories and my protein, sugar and fat intake but went a little over in the carb intake. Overall a good day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad this is still going..

SW for Feb 78.1
    GW 75

Almost hit the mark for Jan I am hoping to get close for feb! Good luck everyone!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did well yesterday - although I'm sure I sweated out about 10kg yesterday :/

Seriously though I'm back on track. Good luck everyone

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (02-02-2016),MyDino  (02-02-2016)