+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Does anyone use my fitness pal?
    I found breaking up my macronutrients really kick started my weight loss. My diet consists of 25% carbohydrates, 45% fats and 30% protein.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Does anyone use my fitness pal?
    I found breaking up my macronutrients really kick started my weight loss. My diet consists of 25% carbohydrates, 45% fats and 30% protein.
    I log everything on My Fitness pal & it's linked to my Fitbit have found since adding friends to it that can see what I am eating has made me more accountable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MyDino For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Getting irritable when hungry could be a sign of blood sugar regulation issues. I'm a student naturopath so any diet that involves fasting really worries me especially in those who have blood sugar regulation problems. Just thought I'd share 😊
    It's funny you say that as I suspected pre 5:2 I might have insulin resistance!
    Now it's no bother. No more hangry

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm in.

SW:102 in Jan
    CW:98.3
    GW:70

I only started actively trying to lose weight 2 weeks ago. I started the 5:2 plan and have lost 3kgs doing that.

I hope to continue that for Jan and use the I quit sugar recipes with it.

Aim for Jan is 5kgs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Ok weighed in this morning at 72.9kg.
    Hoping for a 2kg loss this month.
    Had a poached egg with mushrooms and spinach for breakfast and a salad for lunch.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1454309861.378669.jpg
    Planning on chicken and strirfried veggies for tea.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default February Weight Loss Challenge

Hi, can I join?
    My eating habits have gotten out of control. I'm still 12 kg up from pre preg weight, 13 months later

I'm wanting to lose at least 10 before falling pregnant again, hopefully in two months time. So for feb I'm aiming to lose 5 kg.

I'm going to send all the junk food to work with hubby tomorrow and do some serious meal prep, so that I have healthy, easy options available to me, instead of being short of time and grabbing something unhealthy.

What are everyone's favourite sites for meals? Mostly lunch- that's the time of day I struggle with.
    I'm a member of lose baby weight at the moment so need to utilise that more.
    I know it's all in my head and I'm the only one with the power to tell myself 'no' but it's proving to be a huge challenge. I had lost all my baby weight by this stage after my first, so I didn't expect it to be so much harder the second time around.

Any tips and tricks would be SO appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love to join in. I started the lose baby weight 28 day challenge today. I had really good success with it last year. We're currently TTC so my main goal is to lose a few kgs and improve my overall health and having a meal plan set out for is what works best. Also aiming for 3-4 gym classes a week.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    I'm in! I've been doing 5:2 since September last year. I'm almost 15kgs down since then. I'm very excited, I have 6.4kgs to go before I enter the "healthy" BMI range. Can't wait!
    What an amazing place to be!!! Best wishes for your 6.4kgs to get into the healthy BMI range!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    What an amazing place to be!!! Best wishes for your 6.4kgs to get into the healthy BMI range!
    Thanks love. I'm so excited. It really is the easiest thing I've ever done.
    So glad to be so much lighter.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (01-02-2016)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    I'm not hungry much on the fast days, nothing I can't handle anyway. Typically I have 2-3 coffees (with small amount of measured milk) and save my cals for a big dinner. I find it easier not to "break the seal".
    I tried eeking out my cals over the day but I was unsatisfied and hungrier. And you'd have to go to bed hungry too. I just drink a tonne of water and herbal tea to get through the day.
    I used to get "hangry" pre 5:2 but haven't experienced it since doing it.

I break up my fast days as much as possible, it makes it easier to get through the day knowing you can eat what you like the next day. But I have done a copy of "back to backs" due to social engagements.

When you start doing it you are more conscious of what you eat on the other days. I'd say as generally on the other 5 days of the week 3 days I eat really carefully and 2 days is looser to have a few treats. While technically you can eat what you want, I don't think I would have seen such good results if I'd gone to the extreme on the non fast days. I generally try to keep to my TDEE on non fast days.
    I'm happy to answer any questions you have. There is a good FB support group if you are interested I'll give you the details.
    What's TDEE?
    I tried 5:2 and it just didn't work for me- It just didn't work with my lifestyle, I hated having to turn down lunch dates etc just because it was a fast day. I need more flexibility!