+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I please join in ladies. Need to be accountable.

Arrived home from holidays mid Jan weighing 72.1kg. 12kg heavier than before having babies close together and sick of talking about losing weight!

Goal to loose 14kg by 1 April

Weight at 1 Feb - 67kg
    Next goal - 62kg by 1 March
    GW - 58kg by 1 April

So I've lost 5kg in under 3 weeks:
    No diary
    No sugar (inc honey etc - fruit okay)
    No bread/pasta/rice/grains etc
    No coffee (because I like it sweet and white)
    Minimal alcohol
    I'm not really exercising.

I'm watching portion size but not overly. Definitely not starving myself.

Eating lots of omelettes (full egg with bacon), salad, steak, vegetables, nuts, chicken, tinned tuna, bit of fruit, lots of herb tea.

I'm not being crazy strict - had a short macchiato with tiniest bit of sugar the other day, a couple bites of my husbands angel hair pasta etc. I know to be slim like I was I will need to eat like I used too - lifestyle change.

I feel like my mindset has changed and that after numerous attempts and failures I might actually do it this time!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xyz987 For This Useful Post:

Lovemysons  (07-02-2016),SuperGranny  (12-02-2016)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have completely failed to check into this thread. I was very unhappy with my starting weight on Monday morning. Fingers crossed for at least a small change. I have done 2 decent workouts this week. One this morning had bike/boxing/weight circuit/elliptical trainer. Work out on Thursday was run/quads with some rugby league drills (Spg from 15 months ago would never have been able to say these things, let alone do them)/another run/wall sits/then these horrid things that the trainer called doggies tabata style (may have a different name). I am hoping to work in a few more workouts each week.

I can't bring myself to reveal my weight. But one of the guys I train with weighs over 20kgs less than me and while he is still much first than me, I run about 2/3 of a sports field to his one which is good progress for me.

Food has been a bit hit and miss but I haven't touched the biscuit barrel at work so far this year, not even when there were Kingstons. I won't mention the time where I rewarded myself for not having a biscuit by having some malteasers 😦 .
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 06-02-2016 at 16:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Weigh in day for me - really happy with my efforts this week! Started to exercise a bit (walking & MB exercise dvds ouch!)

SW: 95.7 (Jan 4th 2016)
    CW: 92.2

Am now 10kgs under my pre-pregnancy weight. My big goal is to get below 70kgs. I've set myself a challenge this year - to do a 10k fun run in December.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

sparklebug  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Whoops, meant to get up to go to the gym at 6am this morning but accidentally snoozed my alarm for 20 minutes, then it was too late as I wouldn't have got back before hubby went out to exercise (he was meeting other people so couldn't go later). Then hubby is doing some things around the house later today which I've been nagging him to do for ages so I probably won't get to go today. I have already told my almost 3-year old that i'll take her for a walk today to keep me accountable because she doesn't forget! So I'll make it a 6km one to make up for not going to the gym.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really loving reading all of your updates. It's so encouraging to hear the great successes and feed off your motivation, which I really need some days.
    It's also great that we can come here and feel safe to share our bad days and weeks. I know I can be really hard on myself sometimes when it comes to losing weight. I have to learn that it's ok to fall down sometimes, that doesn't make me a failure, it makes me human!
    If only losing weight was like the TV ads - no hint of sweat or struggle, just a beaming 'after' photo oozing confidence! Sadly I live in real life.
    Anyway, just a little Sunday morning ramble.

Very happy with my progress this week, despite 2 dinners out and a couple of wines with each.
    SW - 71
    CW - 69.7
    Loss - 1.3

Bring on the new week!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to calicocat For This Useful Post:

Adoralicious  (08-02-2016),Lovemysons  (07-02-2016),MyDino  (07-02-2016),PipersMummy  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So excited! Bought a top from "Seed" today. It was a sz S!!!!
    They must be a big sizes but still yay!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

PipersMummy  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good to hear everyone's updates! Still trucking here. Today was a bit of a write off as we had a lunch party. AF will be making an appearance any second, am horribly bloated (and insane 😫) so will weigh in when AF leaves the building!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Week 1 down and I'm feeling a little trimmer! Feels good.

Wore a fitted tank today without feeling like my gut was too obvious

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

sparklebug  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default February Weight Loss Challenge

I'm feeling pretty good, much more energetic- not quite looking it, yet, but I'm forcing myself to focus on the way I feel to keep me motivated and stop obsessing about the bl**dy numbers on the scale!!

ETA- I started off this month with 3km walks, today I was up to 10km! Yay!
    Last edited by sparklebug; 08-02-2016 at 05:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been pretty slack, I recently just signed up to a lose baby weight challenge and have found maybe 3 recipes I actually like the look of 🙄. But I will use it for Inspiration, I'm going to take measurements later, dp is going to be joining me in the loss stakes, he really needs to lose some weight. He is thinking of doing the 5:2 as well.