Closed Thread
Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 990
  1. #801
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    22
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautyOfTheSoul View Post
    Welcome @Amy1926. I hope July comes up quickly for you! We have been lucky that by doing IVF we had no wait list at either clinic we have been to. I can't imagine having to wait for a donor - must be so hard!

    I have PCOS but haven't done IUI. But it may be better if they medicate you as they can control your cycle that way. I can see if being too much of an issue other than that. i was fortunate that IVF just took control of my cycle and the meds made me get AF so we could start the cycle.

    Good luck!
    Thanks @BeautyOfTheSoul

    What meds has your FS put you on to help control your cycle? I really wanted to skip IUI but correct we are in Melbourne and need to have at less 2 IUI failed cycles to qualify for Medicare rebate on IVF.

  2. #802
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    266
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy1926 View Post
    Thanks @BeautyOfTheSoul

    What meds has your FS put you on to help control your cycle? I really wanted to skip IUI but correct we are in Melbourne and need to have at less 2 IUI failed cycles to qualify for Medicare rebate on IVF.
    Oh that sucks. it's so different from state to state.

    The first clinic we were at I was put on the pill and then when I stopped, I got AF.
    The second clinic put me on Provera. It makes your AF come usually within a week or 2 of stopping (if you respond well to it, some don't and AF doesn't come because of it). Mine came 3 days later!

    Then there was a whole bunch of IVF medications.

  3. #803
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    22
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautyOfTheSoul View Post
    Oh that sucks. it's so different from state to state.

    The first clinic we were at I was put on the pill and then when I stopped, I got AF.
    The second clinic put me on Provera. It makes your AF come usually within a week or 2 of stopping (if you respond well to it, some don't and AF doesn't come because of it). Mine came 3 days later!

    Then there was a whole bunch of IVF medications.
    My FS was looking at putting me on Metformin but the side effects are not too nice. Mine FSH and LH Hormone Levels ratios are not too bad. We decided to focus on a lifestyle change while we wait for Donor. 3 months and my cycle still not under control so I may have to suck it up and give metformin a go. I am having a scan in 2 weeks so wait and see.

    Thanks again is nice to know other have the same challenges

  4. #804
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    14
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks @Amy1926 - and hi to you too. I hope those side effects are manageable for you.
    @BeautyOfTheSoul The IUI was so disappointing - but I also just wasn't coping well with the rollercoaster ride of trying and waiting and trying and waiting - but I'm in a better spot now.

    It's a BT for a pregnancy test. AF was due Tuesday - but with all the hormones I'm just not sure how reliable that could be. Fingers crossed for a positive.

  5. #805
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    266
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy1926 View Post
    My FS was looking at putting me on Metformin but the side effects are not too nice. Mine FSH and LH Hormone Levels ratios are not too bad. We decided to focus on a lifestyle change while we wait for Donor. 3 months and my cycle still not under control so I may have to suck it up and give metformin a go. I am having a scan in 2 weeks so wait and see.

    Thanks again is nice to know other have the same challenges
    Oh I'm also taking Metformin but my GP gave that to me a while ago. It does have some nasty side effects so I do tend to stop it during IVF cycles as it's not fund having the side effects from both.

    The first time I took it, I was pretty bad for a couple of weeks. It gave me stomach pain and nausea and things like that. Then my body got used to it and it mostly settled down. If I missed a pill though, it would all come back the next day.

    I stopped during a stim cycle in September/October last year. I started again in March this year (I'd run out and didn't get back to the GP to get more so i could start again).

    When I started again, I had no side effects at all! It was so good! Then with the stim cycle I did in April, we had a lot going on around the same time with our ceremony and everything. So I stopped it again because I was really bad at taking it. But I will start again soon.

    I found it did help my cycles. They were slightly more regular. I also managed to lose almost 15kgs between that and watching what I ate. Then I put it all back on with the IVF

  6. #806
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    266
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayls81 View Post
    Thanks @Amy1926 - and hi to you too. I hope those side effects are manageable for you.
    @BeautyOfTheSoul The IUI was so disappointing - but I also just wasn't coping well with the rollercoaster ride of trying and waiting and trying and waiting - but I'm in a better spot now.

    It's a BT for a pregnancy test. AF was due Tuesday - but with all the hormones I'm just not sure how reliable that could be. Fingers crossed for a positive.
    I'm glad you're in a better spot now, that's really good to hear!

    OMG how exciting! Fingers crossed for your BT tomorrow! Were you on any support after? Have you POAS?

  7. #807
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    14
    Reviews
    0
    I've been on aspirin, prendisone, pessaries/gel plus another tablet I can't remember - it's all going on.

    I've been to scared to POAS .... sounds silly I know

  8. #808
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    266
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayls81 View Post
    I've been on aspirin, prendisone, pessaries/gel plus another tablet I can't remember - it's all going on.

    I've been to scared to POAS .... sounds silly I know

    Not silly at all, I definitely know the disappointment! None of that sounds like it has HCG in it so if you POAS it should tell you.

    It's a good sing that AF hasn't shown up yet if it was due yesterday. I hope you come back here tomorrow with some good news!

  9. #809
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    266
    Reviews
    0
    As for us, DW is 6 weeks today! First spew yesterday, my poor girl!

    Apparently Pingu is the size of a ladybug this week!

  10. #810
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    22
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautyOfTheSoul View Post
    Oh I'm also taking Metformin but my GP gave that to me a while ago. It does have some nasty side effects so I do tend to stop it during IVF cycles as it's not fund having the side effects from both.

    The first time I took it, I was pretty bad for a couple of weeks. It gave me stomach pain and nausea and things like that. Then my body got used to it and it mostly settled down. If I missed a pill though, it would all come back the next day.

    I stopped during a stim cycle in September/October last year. I started again in March this year (I'd run out and didn't get back to the GP to get more so i could start again).

    When I started again, I had no side effects at all! It was so good! Then with the stim cycle I did in April, we had a lot going on around the same time with our ceremony and everything. So I stopped it again because I was really bad at taking it. But I will start again soon.

    I found it did help my cycles. They were slightly more regular. I also managed to lose almost 15kgs between that and watching what I ate. Then I put it all back on with the IVF
    I am sure you will lose the weight again I have lost 10Kg with 5 days a week at the gym and low GI diet. I am now at my ideal weight so I am hopeful that I have done enough to get my body ready for #1 IUI.

    Don't they say morning sickness is a good sign healthy!
    Last edited by Amy1926; 11-05-2016 at 13:25. Reason: spelling


 

Similar Threads

  1. Same Sex Parents TTC List #3
    By BeautyOfTheSoul in forum Same Sex Parents
    Replies: 1015
    Last Post: 31-01-2016, 17:26
  2. Same Sex Parents TTC List #2
    By BeautyOfTheSoul in forum Same Sex Parents
    Replies: 990
    Last Post: 08-10-2015, 13:54
  3. Same Sex Parents TTC List
    By Green Mum to be in forum Same Sex Parents
    Replies: 1019
    Last Post: 01-05-2015, 10:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
Pea Pods Reusable Nappies
Pea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable and simple to use, Pea Pods keep your baby dry & happy. Visit our website to find your nearest stockist or order online.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!