Closed Thread
Page 30 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hahaha oh nooooo!!! Stay away from Google. It's evil! Stay away from pee tests too. They are also evil lol. I'm sure everything will go well for you! Let us know how you go when you pick up your meds. What kind of stim cycle are you doing? Do you know what drugs you'll be taking?

Yeah it is crazy how each state does things so differently!! I wonder if it would almost be easier to choose a donor if we didn't get any pictures at all! It's amazing how on paper they seem like what we want but then a picture changes our mind because they aren't what we imagined. I think that coupled with knowing the male genes can be more dominant it makes me wonder if our baby will look more like the donor than one of us lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Hahaha oh nooooo!!! Stay away from Google. It's evil! Stay away from pee tests too. They are also evil lol. I'm sure everything will go well for you! Let us know how you go when you pick up your meds. What kind of stim cycle are you doing? Do you know what drugs you'll be taking?

Yeah it is crazy how each state does things so differently!! I wonder if it would almost be easier to choose a donor if we didn't get any pictures at all! It's amazing how on paper they seem like what we want but then a picture changes our mind because they aren't what we imagined. I think that coupled with knowing the male genes can be more dominant it makes me wonder if our baby will look more like the donor than one of us lol.
    We found it ok not having a pic, not that we have picked with one either so can't tell you if it would be easier. But for ours we got very basic profile e.g Date of birth, hair colour, eye colour, skin colour, and height. I guess me and DP are similar with these features and went with that. What topped us off was interests and the letter to future child when they are old enough or ready to see.

I will stick to full house not Google lol i am on puregon 150 starting CD3 till when we are ready to trigger, pregnyl trigger the same as the IUI one I haven't used before but it blocks premature ov the lethal support a gel everyday till blood test or I run out!
    Will try and stay away from pee tests but it will be hard lol I still have two left from the IUI which I went super crazy with lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NandM For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a feeling my little bag of drugs might not be so little this time... Lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NandM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    So interesting the different process for donors! We got one. No pictures, a description only. If we didn't want that one we had to wait for the next one in a few weeks. That was it! Also that was after 15 months on the waiting list.
    No one mentions the donor. People will always see a feature of you, DS has my eyes so no one notices anything else!!

I'm on the countdown to Friday! Good luck starting your cycles ladies!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

I think it's 10-14 working days for results, RR..so should be soon. Already have the bill for it, though, of course lol

Tortoise, hope your donor picking goes well. I can understand the ear thing!! 😊

NandM - I'm not sure if it's a Victorian thing as a whole to not get huge profiles and no pics? More of a clinic to clinic thing?? I believe you get a childhood pic at mivf should you conceive. Could be wrong though!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxergirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We saw a baby photo first, and Because he was cute, we sort of didn't really take in any of the info in the 30 page donor profile!! Our ds looks very much like our donor and not like me! So we do get lots of comments, so I'm regularly explaining how we used a donor. My hair is very dark and green eyes, but my sons is white blonde with blue eyes!

Question about progesterone pessaries.. I'm taking 2 per day. I'm 6dpo, 3dp transfer... I am really bloated and have a heavy feeling like a period is coming.. Is this a side effect of the pessaries? And does progesterone stop your period from coming, or will it just come if I'm not pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I guess there's always the chance that the baby will just end up looking more like the donor but oh well. Doesn't really matter at the end of the day!

No idea about pessaries because I've never used them but I'm curious too because I'm pretty sure our new clinic uses them. I can't believe you are 6dpo already! It feels like that went really quickly! Maybe not for you though! Hope it's not dragging though!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

Boxergirl  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Same Sex Parents TTC list #4

Both embies, pgd normal. That's the first hurdle over.

Not sure to ask to put both back(if it worked out) or just the one? Can I ask what others would do in our situation, please? 🙏

3rd and final collection for DP..

Hard to know..

Eta: with lots of let downs and disappointments along the way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxergirl For This Useful Post:

Flower78  (17-03-2016)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxergirl View Post

Not sure to ask to put both back(if it worked out) or just the one? Can I ask what others would do in our situation, please? 🙏

Hard to know..

I would probably put one back know its chromosomally normal. I would think it would have a good chance of sticking!

That's awesome that they're both normal, gosh I hope your little one is one thaw away xx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Boxergirl  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxergirl View Post

Hard to know..

I would put both back. Especially the tough road you have had already

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BeautyOfTheSoul For This Useful Post:

Boxergirl  (18-03-2016)