+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi karliej - congratulations!
    I've had two bubs@greenslopes. I think it will vary somewhat on the OB. I was fortunate to follow my OB from sunnybank across so got a cheaper mgmt fee ($1800 for my first, $1350 for my 2nd). He bulk billed all my appointments (incl 6 week post natal) except for the initial one. Free scan at each appointment.

I think the management fee for new patients is $2500 (get a couple hundred back from this on Medicare); $150ish for initial visit; $46 per check up (get most this back on Medicare) then have additional costs like scans (12 and 20 weeks...can be up to $400 those depends where u go).

I also then had $500 excess (I'm with Bupa) and $350 or there abouts on paediatrician (again, some bk Medicare).

Hospital was fantastic, midwives amazing, loved my Dr. I also got 2 x physio sessions and 3 x midwife home visits included through the OB group practice. They now also have a psychologist on staff.

Sorry - lots of information to digest! And I 2nd the PP to consider how long you might like to spend in hosp post birth. I stayed the full 4 nights each time. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would also depend on your level of hospital cover. I have a $500 excess per year on my hospital cover, so know that is all I will be out of pocket. 😉
    I am paying for an OB through private, however due to having Gtaves disease and taking 8 yrs to conceive I wanted to be able to see the same person each time for my appts. If it wasn't for that Inprobably would have gone public.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJbaby View Post
    Hi karliej - congratulations!
    I've had two bubs@greenslopes. I think it will vary somewhat on the OB. I was fortunate to follow my OB from sunnybank across so got a cheaper mgmt fee ($1800 for my first, $1350 for my 2nd). He bulk billed all my appointments (incl 6 week post natal) except for the initial one. Free scan at each appointment.

I think the management fee for new patients is $2500 (get a couple hundred back from this on Medicare); $150ish for initial visit; $46 per check up (get most this back on Medicare) then have additional costs like scans (12 and 20 weeks...can be up to $400 those depends where u go).

I also then had $500 excess (I'm with Bupa) and $350 or there abouts on paediatrician (again, some bk Medicare).

Hospital was fantastic, midwives amazing, loved my Dr. I also got 2 x physio sessions and 3 x midwife home visits included through the OB group practice. They now also have a psychologist on staff.

Sorry - lots of information to digest! And I 2nd the PP to consider how long you might like to spend in hosp post birth. I stayed the full 4 nights each time. Good luck!
    Did u have Brad Armstrong? He was amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheNewBlack View Post
    Did u have Brad Armstrong? He was amazing
    I was going to say the same thing.

I'm the same I've had two at Greenslopes, however my initial few appointments were at Sunnybank so I'm on the old fee structure.
    Please book asap as they book out quickly at Greenslopes.
    To me it's worth every cent. You can send a quick email if you're worried and get a quick reply, plus you're own ( hotel) room and bathroom after.

Brad is no gap too

Ps what fund are you with that the Pmf is covered?

Pmf is covered then you'll just be looking at your excess, a few hundred for pead, if you get epi that can be a few hundred

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once you've posted a bit more I'll send you a pm

Thanks
    Reviews