+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had three teachers last week tell me either a) how happy they are to be teaching my child or b) telling me how much they would have loved to have had my child in their class (for the one teacher who has already taught this child, but has changed what stage of teaching he teaches, so had the chance to have my child again, but said child went to the other class).
    It makes me proud that my kids have such a good reputation at their school.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Californication  (30-01-2016),HearMeRoar  (30-01-2016),littleriv  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks, FearlessLeader, I wasn't there (i was at work) but heard it was pretty cool, teachers cheering the efforts of all the kids etc. Dang, i love hearing him play the baritone...music and sport are important .

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my kids school they have a xmas concert called 'light up the night' every Friday of the last term they have auditions with 10 acts ... my daughter and her little friend sang Viva La Vida while 2 of her other friends played the ukelele and a box drum (they are all 11).

They won!! And it made me cry!

They had to get up on the main stage and sing infront of so many people at the concert

I had parents ask me if she has singling lessons and comment on how great she can sing ... I honestly had no idea she could sing like that ! She was so brave

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to emmiejayne For This Useful Post:

Californication  (30-01-2016),FearlessLeader  (30-01-2016),HearMeRoar  (30-01-2016),misskittyfantastico  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by emmiejayne View Post
    At my kids school they have a xmas concert called 'light up the night' every Friday of the last term they have auditions with 10 acts ... my daughter and her little friend sang Viva La Vida while 2 of her other friends played the ukelele and a box drum (they are all 11).

They won!! And it made me cry!

They had to get up on the main stage and sing infront of so many people at the concert

I had parents ask me if she has singling lessons and comment on how great she can sing ... I honestly had no idea she could sing like that ! She was so brave
    What a courageous girl you have! I would have cried too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been inning and ahhing about posting this, because I already did the proud-mum thing on Facebook, and it'd mean any of the bubhub users there may know who I am (), but:

My 3 year old daughter is quite socially anxious. These days, she can warm up to adults relatively quickly if they behave in a certain way, but she gets easily distressed being around other young children if there's any expectation to interact with them. I had never seen her really interact with another child under 5 until a few months ago, and hen it was climbing on the same equipment with, and holding hands with, a girl who she's known for nearly 2 years and had spent hours with that day.
    This week, DD spent the best part of 3 hours playing WITH her 14 month of cousin. I was stunned, and so so proud. I know how anxious she's been around her cousin in the past, and it was just amazing to see DD talk TO her, hand her toys and chase her up and down the hall. Every time they left the room, I whispered in amazement "they're playing, they're actually playing!!" To my sister.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Californication  (30-01-2016),FearlessLeader  (30-01-2016),HearMeRoar  (30-01-2016),littleriv  (30-01-2016),misskittyfantastico  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Share a proud moment

Just popping in quickly to say I hope my boys are like your boy when they reach school age.

No wonder you are a proud mum with a DS like that!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Just popping in quickly to say I hope my boys are like your boy when they reach school age.

No wonder you are a proud mum with a DS like that!
    Thanks. I worry so much about DS because he is very impressionable. I constantly fear he'll get swept along by the wrong crowd. This parenting gig is so tough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today we looked at a lot of display homes, loved it!!
    In every single home DS chose the smallest bedroom for himself. When we asked why he always picked the small bedroom he said it was because he loved his little sister so much so he wanted her to have more room to play.
    Such a small gesture but he just adores his sister and is always looking out for her. How much he loves her makes me so proud of him. He is just so kind and loving.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Californication  (30-01-2016),HearMeRoar  (30-01-2016),littleriv  (30-01-2016),misskittyfantastico  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At school last year, there were 2 kids that started during the year. One in term 2, the other in term 3. Both times, without being asked, my DS took them under his wing, showed them around and helped them out. I was so pleased when his teachers told me. It's hard being the new kid and I was proud of my lovely little man for making their first days easier.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (30-01-2016),JustJaq  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I am so so very proud of DS today I could burst. At the end of last year he was complaining to me about a boy in his class 'I hate (let's call him Tom), he smells and he's so annoying- he's always following us around and giving us things'
    Well of course I was heartbroken to hear that, and suspected he was repeating what someone else had said about this poor kid. Tom comes from a disadvantaged family and admittedly often doesn't smell the best. I told him I was so sad to hear him say that and asked him to be nice to Tom. I said he didn't have to be friends with him if he didn't want to, but to never say mean things about him and speak up if other kids did. Fast forward to today, and we are chatting about who he wants to invite to his birthday party next month. This year we're keeping it very small and he's allowed to invite 3 friends to come to Timezone. He named two best friends and Tom. I asked him if he really wanted to invite Tom as they aren't really friends and he said 'I know mum but he really wants to be my friend and he's a really nice boy'

Share your proud moments it's so lovely when you feel like you've done something right and raising them well!
    I'm pregnant and emotional right now, but that made me tear up. Great parenting on your part! 👍