+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    On the occasions I use our dryer, I don't ever leave mine on when we're out. I'm a stickler for emptying the lint filter, and I always have it on with the laundry door open to outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No I don't. I would always leave both dryer and washing machine running while I was out or in bed.

Then my machine went crazy and wouldn't stop spinning, started to smoke and melted the plastic seal (front loader).

I had my washing machine running in our new rental just after we moved in and there was a problem with a power point. Sounded like an explosion and the power point, wall and plugs had all black residue over it! I'm too scared now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to set the timer on my dryer for 30-45 mins and then go to the shops or even work if I was short on time.

I then moved house and discovered the hard way that the timer on my new dryer was broken and that it had been going on and off (it seems to stop itself randomly) for 18 hours whilst I was at work.

Very very lucky to have not come home to a fire.

So now it only goes on whilst I'm at home and awake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a condenser unit, about 3 years old. I run it when I go out or overnight- I've never really thought about it. I do clean the lint filter after every use though.
    Power is cheaper overnight so I usually wait till bedtime to put it on!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't ever leave it on when I leave the house.
    Also clean lint filter with every use.
    I do leave it on overnight though when we're sleeping.. I guess this could pose a risk just the same as having it running while I'm out but I feel like, I'm home, I'm present.. Food for thought, actually...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ours is a fairly new machine and the dry cycles are quite long so yes, I'd put it on and have no prob going out while it does its thing. I wouldn't go out for like 8 hours but I'd leave it to run to the shops etc.

the fire danger risk never even occurred to me tbh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i dont trust electrical appliances anymore, to many samsung washing machines burning down houses (my own machine was a recalled model 'fixed' which is also no safe ... now replaced) I dread to think what wouldve happened if it caught fire

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wissa View Post
    No I don't. I would always leave both dryer and washing machine running while I was out or in bed.

Then my machine went crazy and wouldn't stop spinning, started to smoke and melted the plastic seal (front loader).

I had my washing machine running in our new rental just after we moved in and there was a problem with a power point. Sounded like an explosion and the power point, wall and plugs had all black residue over it! I'm too scared now!
    not a samsung?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can't believe how many people actually use clothes driers! I'm too tight 😄.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I only have it on while awake and at home, but I rarely use it