Closed Thread
Page 88 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @gorgeousgeorge that's great news about the 2 fertilizing!! So many things to think about huh? I think it's a good idea to write the list down like you did. Sorry can't help with the embryo question

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside I don't know how you had the grace and the strength to listen to that woman whinging about her pregnancy, good on you OMG I would have lost my shiz 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keepintryin13 that's great news on so many eggs! Wish I was that lucky x

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (12-04-2016),Keepontryin13  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MamaKes that's excellent about your donors amount of follies so exciting!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside I have had lots of friends like this and they even know what I'm going through with Ivf and they still continue to whinge about the little things. I call them toxic friends and refuse to be around them. Some people are just so insensitive...i really don't get it....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    @Keepintryin13 that's great news on so many eggs! Wish I was that lucky x
    Thanks! Not getting too excited as generally I can produce a good amount but they tend do drop off heaps after day three. See how we go. Good luck for your EPU tomorrow! I'll be stalking for an update!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (12-04-2016),Gagingi  (14-04-2016),Tinachris  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Heyside hi, thanks for asking about me :-) they rang and said 2 of 3 fertilised. Ive been struggling over thinking i should go to day 5 even if there ends up being nothing to transfer, so as to not prolong the stress of waiting. But then i chickened out so i said id do a day 2 transfer tomorrow because they said i could do whatever i wanted. So i said id transfer both tomorrow, but i dont know if i will do a DET. I dont have to because i said i will today if i change my mind tomorrow, will i?
    So, today's ivf challenge is struggling with the 2x 2 day trasfer/DET dilema.
    Here are my thought for and against. Im actually gonna write then out here as an exercise, so i can look back at it and help decide.
    So, im 36 +1month old, i have severe stage 4 endo everywhere, i seem to have poor response had 3x stim cycles with 4 or less eggs for collection, had 4 transfers in total including 2 blasts, never a hint of bfp, this would be my 5th and 6th transfers, poor response and age means less likely to have chromosomally normal embryos, 2day transfer of 2 seems less risky than x2 blasto transfer, im sick of doing this and if i transfer 2 and they both dont work then at least I'll know in 14 days. With age and multiple fails, they will let me do it if i want. If i get the 2nd one ti freeze stage 800 bucks, it could die in thawing out, or another 1500 bucks to transfer and couldnt do until july.
    BUT if i had twins and lost them both purely due to complications of there being 2 in there- i could not deal with that mentally-it would crush me because i would know i might have had 2 great embryos for a chance at two singletons, i do not want twins, if i got a bfp i would freak the fruck out and have a 'what have i done?' style meltdown, and if there were 2 i would worry for months and months and months, like 7-8months.
    So looking at the above my reasons for DET are based on expecting a negative outcome, saving time coz im fed up and want this round to be over in some way and saving money.
    If i be more rational maybe, ive already spent a ridiculous amount of borrowed money and plan to continue to do so with charlotte when i see her-hoping to try dhea for at least 3 months then cycle again, so im also prepared to keep doing it. I guess doing a single transfer will mean that i might still be in the ivf whirlwind between this cycle and a cycle with charlotte in september. I guess i was just hoping that in between i could have a break by having nothing to think about. And, if i transfer one the other one most likely wont make it to freeze anyway so then i will be able to have a break n not thing about a frozen emby thaw and transfer.
    Im thinking i will do a single transfer now. Any thoughts on if they are different gradings, eg one better than the other, which one should i choose, is it better to put the best one in rather than try to save it for freezing? Does anyone know what drs/embryologists suggest? Maybe there will only be one left tomorrow morning anyway.
    Aaaaaaaargh, so many what ifs but i think I'll transfer 1 whichever one they suggest.
    It's such a crap time waiting for the embryos to grow...I prefer the 2ww over this part believe it or not. My opinion only and have been there before with only a few eggs, we decided to do a day 2 transfer rather than take the risk or having nothing to transfer at all as we hardly get good blasts. I know with my doc and scientist they tend to put the better looking one in and if you have another one or two that look like they will be able to freeze they will put they one theta doesn't look as good as well if you wanted to transfer two. Your decision though. You have had a crap few days and this process gets harder and harder...believe me I'm up to 11 stim cycles and 3 FETs... I don't know how I do it to be honest? Good luck for tomorrow on whatever your decision is. I'll be waiting for an update.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keepontyin13 I totally agree with you - the epu and waiting to be told of growth over the coming days is the worst! Give me injections and sniffing any day over THAT.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @gorgeousgeorge - Sorry hun only just getting on here now to reply. I can only imagine your struggle of where to go from here with uour two little embies. I presume you will have made your decision by now on the double or cycle transfer and may have even had the transfer. I hope you are happy in your decision and all went well hun. I think you did a good thing writing down the pros and cons for both x

Thanks again ladies for your understanding of the situation with my friend, I definitely feel it may be time to distance myself from the whole situation for a while even though she has no idea what I am going through.

@Tinachris - Hope today went well hun look forward to an update x
    Last edited by Heyside; 13-04-2016 at 11:45.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (14-04-2016),MamaKes  (14-04-2016),Tinachris  (13-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @heydide thanks lovely. @gorgeousgeorge how did you go today?
    AFM I'm back home now, we got 4 eggs.
    🐣🐣🐣🐣I'm just resting and not very uncomfortable at all but more dopey than usual ☺️
    Could u tell me how I'm supposed to insert and lay down after 4 progesterones a day? I can't lay down at work! My last DR had me on only 2 per day so one early morning and at bedtime..much easier logistically.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (13-04-2016),Heyside  (13-04-2016)