Closed Thread
Page 87 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I get so upset listening to some women sometimes 😢. I am hoping you ladies will understand my vent, I have just bumped into a friend who has done nothing but complain since she announced her pregnancy about one thing or another from headaches to the fact she will have to carry paraphernalia out with her when bub comes along. She has just told me that to prevent bub coming early she may have to insert some kind of tablet in her vg every fortnight which she finds "completely awful" and said can you believe its going to cost $50 a tablet! 😠😠😠
    Last edited by Heyside; 12-04-2016 at 13:47.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepontryin13 View Post
    Thanks @Chyna great news for us today. All 21 were mature and 16 have fertilised! Will get another update on Thursday but so far so good. We tend to have a few drop off after day 3 but hoping this cycle is different. Joke now and heading to bed for an afternoon siesta!!
    awh honey this is so good. Congrats and yes hopefully they will stay and keep growing. Got a good feeling about this ine for you xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

Keepontryin13  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, only 1 pill every fortnight! Try 4-6 every day!

Yeah I'm hearing ya! Vent away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Oh I get so upset listening to some women sometimes 😢. I am hoping you ladies will understand my vent, I have just bumped into a friend who has done nothing but complain since she announced her pregnancy about one thing or another from headaches to the fact she will have to carry paraphernalia out with her when bub comes along. She has just told me that to prevent bub coming early she may have to insert some kind of tablet in her vg every fortnight which she finds "completely awful" and said can you believe its going to cost $50 a tablet! 😠😠😠
    Wow, vent totally understandable hun. If people only realised what we put ourselves through. My partner always tells me now how appteciative he is of what I've put my body through to do what we are and to get here we have. Hugs hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hun @Keepontryin13 how did I miss this post earlier? That's fantastic news so far hoping the news later in the week brings good news too x

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    Haha, only 1 pill every fortnight! Try 4-6 every day!

Yeah I'm hearing ya! Vent away!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyna View Post
    Wow, vent totally understandable hun. If people only realised what we put ourselves through. My partner always tells me now how appteciative he is of what I've put my body through to do what we are and to get here we have. Hugs hun xx
    Thanks girls I knew you would understand feel awful in some ways as if I am just jealous of her pregnancy but I just want her to quit the moaning and appreciate what she has. I would give anything to be in her shoes and if a pill up her whoopsie keeps bub healthy then its not worth moaning about 😠 - ok thats it I am over it now! Sorry ladies x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge any update on your embies????

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside I would have to avoid her or I would probably say something I would regret. What a complete noob @keepontrying13 that is good news. Well done. You must be over the moon. x

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (12-04-2016),Keepontryin13  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside hi, thanks for asking about me :-) they rang and said 2 of 3 fertilised. Ive been struggling over thinking i should go to day 5 even if there ends up being nothing to transfer, so as to not prolong the stress of waiting. But then i chickened out so i said id do a day 2 transfer tomorrow because they said i could do whatever i wanted. So i said id transfer both tomorrow, but i dont know if i will do a DET. I dont have to because i said i will today if i change my mind tomorrow, will i?
    So, today's ivf challenge is struggling with the 2x 2 day trasfer/DET dilema.
    Here are my thought for and against. Im actually gonna write then out here as an exercise, so i can look back at it and help decide.
    So, im 36 +1month old, i have severe stage 4 endo everywhere, i seem to have poor response had 3x stim cycles with 4 or less eggs for collection, had 4 transfers in total including 2 blasts, never a hint of bfp, this would be my 5th and 6th transfers, poor response and age means less likely to have chromosomally normal embryos, 2day transfer of 2 seems less risky than x2 blasto transfer, im sick of doing this and if i transfer 2 and they both dont work then at least I'll know in 14 days. With age and multiple fails, they will let me do it if i want. If i get the 2nd one ti freeze stage 800 bucks, it could die in thawing out, or another 1500 bucks to transfer and couldnt do until july.
    BUT if i had twins and lost them both purely due to complications of there being 2 in there- i could not deal with that mentally-it would crush me because i would know i might have had 2 great embryos for a chance at two singletons, i do not want twins, if i got a bfp i would freak the fruck out and have a 'what have i done?' style meltdown, and if there were 2 i would worry for months and months and months, like 7-8months.
    So looking at the above my reasons for DET are based on expecting a negative outcome, saving time coz im fed up and want this round to be over in some way and saving money.
    If i be more rational maybe, ive already spent a ridiculous amount of borrowed money and plan to continue to do so with charlotte when i see her-hoping to try dhea for at least 3 months then cycle again, so im also prepared to keep doing it. I guess doing a single transfer will mean that i might still be in the ivf whirlwind between this cycle and a cycle with charlotte in september. I guess i was just hoping that in between i could have a break by having nothing to think about. And, if i transfer one the other one most likely wont make it to freeze anyway so then i will be able to have a break n not thing about a frozen emby thaw and transfer.
    Im thinking i will do a single transfer now. Any thoughts on if they are different gradings, eg one better than the other, which one should i choose, is it better to put the best one in rather than try to save it for freezing? Does anyone know what drs/embryologists suggest? Maybe there will only be one left tomorrow morning anyway.
    Aaaaaaaargh, so many what ifs but i think I'll transfer 1 whichever one they suggest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They will transfer the better looking one then grow the other one out to day 5 usually at my clinics. It is hard to decide with double single transfers but you done the right thing writing up a pros and cons list. I have done both and was never worried about twins until last time when I transferred two and got BFP. I had that lower numbers that twins wasn't a concern but what was a concern was the possibility of either of them being an ectopic. Now that gave me the scares but as you well know IVF is an anything goes game and sometimes we take huge risks but are then rewarded with a BFP. Wishung you loads of good luck with ET tomorrow .
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Heyside hi, thanks for asking about me :-) they rang and said 2 of 3 fertilised. Ive been struggling over thinking i should go to day 5 even if there ends up being nothing to transfer, so as to not prolong the stress of waiting. But then i chickened out so i said id do a day 2 transfer tomorrow because they said i could do whatever i wanted. So i said id transfer both tomorrow, but i dont know if i will do a DET. I dont have to because i said i will today if i change my mind tomorrow, will i?
    So, today's ivf challenge is struggling with the 2x 2 day trasfer/DET dilema.
    Here are my thought for and against. Im actually gonna write then out here as an exercise, so i can look back at it and help decide.
    So, im 36 +1month old, i have severe stage 4 endo everywhere, i seem to have poor response had 3x stim cycles with 4 or less eggs for collection, had 4 transfers in total including 2 blasts, never a hint of bfp, this would be my 5th and 6th transfers, poor response and age means less likely to have chromosomally normal embryos, 2day transfer of 2 seems less risky than x2 blasto transfer, im sick of doing this and if i transfer 2 and they both dont work then at least I'll know in 14 days. With age and multiple fails, they will let me do it if i want. If i get the 2nd one ti freeze stage 800 bucks, it could die in thawing out, or another 1500 bucks to transfer and couldnt do until july.
    BUT if i had twins and lost them both purely due to complications of there being 2 in there- i could not deal with that mentally-it would crush me because i would know i might have had 2 great embryos for a chance at two singletons, i do not want twins, if i got a bfp i would freak the fruck out and have a 'what have i done?' style meltdown, and if there were 2 i would worry for months and months and months, like 7-8months.
    So looking at the above my reasons for DET are based on expecting a negative outcome, saving time coz im fed up and want this round to be over in some way and saving money.
    If i be more rational maybe, ive already spent a ridiculous amount of borrowed money and plan to continue to do so with charlotte when i see her-hoping to try dhea for at least 3 months then cycle again, so im also prepared to keep doing it. I guess doing a single transfer will mean that i might still be in the ivf whirlwind between this cycle and a cycle with charlotte in september. I guess i was just hoping that in between i could have a break by having nothing to think about. And, if i transfer one the other one most likely wont make it to freeze anyway so then i will be able to have a break n not thing about a frozen emby thaw and transfer.
    Im thinking i will do a single transfer now. Any thoughts on if they are different gradings, eg one better than the other, which one should i choose, is it better to put the best one in rather than try to save it for freezing? Does anyone know what drs/embryologists suggest? Maybe there will only be one left tomorrow morning anyway.
    Aaaaaaaargh, so many what ifs but i think I'll transfer 1 whichever one they suggest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge that's great news about the 2 fertilizing!! So many things to think about huh? I think it's a good idea to write the list down like you did. Sorry can't help with the embryo question